What is your personal crazy theory?

Gibzit

Jaime will bend the knee to Jon. His redemption arc will complete with his promise to Rhaegar, helping and influencing Jon to sit the throne.

Thus, Jaime is no more the Kingslayer, but the Kingmaker.

He'll be Goldenhand the Just (Hand of King Jon). As much as Jaime despises that job he'll totally end up with it. :laugh:

Yeah. That is why I think that the "rightful claim" will be meaningless at the end. Basically if there is going to be a ruler at the end then that person or persons will be in the position of power based on their deeds rather than their blood.

Possible- to tell you the truth ending is becoming a clear thing- given the amazing amount of data in this forum- I have a good feeling that I can make a some what educated guess and it will be nearly correct. I think that the four families- starks, baratheons, lannisters, and targs will all end up on the same step of the latter. I don't think Stannis is as doomed as i first thought- not until another baratheon steps up . We have Gendry, Edric, Mia, and Shireen. Edric makes the most sense and Shireen makes sense as well. Whatever the case with Jon turns out to be- I don't think he will be anything more then a consultant at the end.

There is a chance - and this is more wishful thinking than me having any textual evidence at all - Ygritte could have been pregnant, and somewhere between Jon deserting the wildlings and the first battle at Castle Black, she might have given birth and hidden the baby somewhere safe (Mole's Town?). I can't remember how long that time period is, but they show at least portrays it as a few weeks/months (I know 100% that we cannot rely on the show at all to be factually correct/canon to the books, but I can't remember the time period at all in the book as I've only read them once). Okay, there is a 99.989 recurring % chance that this is completely crazy...but I just like the idea of Jon finding a little baby Ygritte in the future to take care of!

I think this too, except that Ygritte died while she was pregnant. [emoji24]

OK, my crazy theory and let iz ne known I fully believe in it, is that Stannis will sacrifice Shireen and Jon will thus resurrect. The inspiration for this theory came from myth about Agamemnon and Iphigenia. When Agamemnon and his crews wanted to sail for Troy, on one island, Agamemnon killed a sacred stag (Stannis killing Renly). To favor the Gods, he had to sacrifice his daughter(Shireen) and when he did it a dragon rose from the roots of the tree and ate 9 birds (Jon resurrecting so he could be King of Westeros). Crazy, totally, but it is my favorite crazy theory. And, yes, my brain cooked this theory :)

OK, my crazy theory and let iz ne known I fully believe in it, is that Stannis will sacrifice Shireen and Jon will thus resurrect. The inspiration for this theory came from myth about Agamemnon and Iphigenia. When Agamemnon and his crews wanted to sail for Troy, on one island, Agamemnon killed a sacred stag (Stannis killing Renly). To favor the Gods, he had to sacrifice his daughter(Shireen) and when he did it a dragon rose from the roots of the tree and ate 9 birds (Jon resurrecting so he could be King of Westeros). Crazy, totally, but it is my favorite crazy theory. And, yes, my brain cooked this theory :)

I like it and I think many readers support it with just one minor twist: the dragon that is brought to life is the stone dragon not Jon.

This doesn't sound crazy at all. In fact, this just set light bulbs off in my head. (Though I do wonder if it would be Mel instead of Stannis)

That valonqar meaning younger brother or younger sibling is something I question. We know that valonqar means younger brother in High Vayrian but we also learn from Tyrion that what they speak in the Free Cities is not High Valyrian but rather nine dialects on the way to becoming seperate tongues. Thus far Maggy's prophecy has played out in a quite straight-forward way but I think that if there is to be a twist that twist will be that Valonqar does not mean what we've been told it means.

And then George said, "You know that hint I gave you about who's gonna kill Cercei? Yeah, that was a lie. Just a straight up lie. It had nothing to do with Cercei's real killer, I was just f#ckng with you."

No. George does not lie to his readers, but it takes a certain level of reading comprehension to understand the difference between ambiguous hints and lying. Keep trying, big guy.

Is there stuff in the text to support these or just wild ideas you had one day while stuck in traffic? I'm really curious about BR killing Bran. Why would he do that if he's been waiting for him?

It's mostly wild ideas! But I'm not convinced that a man who is soon going to die would make the effort of bringing a crippled boy from Winterfell to his cave to teach him the green arts and make him save the world. It's just too altruistic for ASOIAF standards. I think he is going to warg Bran (or at least try) to get a younger body. Since Bran will be trained by him to be a green seer, Bloodraven would be able to retain his powers (and maybe even warg into a new body when Bran's body gets old)

Are we talking serious, or delightfully crackpot? Cause I've got ideas all over that spectrum. Note to self: continue Advanced Crackpottery series.

Under delightfully crackpot but could work if GRRM wanted them to:

1. Robert slept with Elia and Rhaenys is his, not Rhaegar's. When Rhae Rhae found out, he ran off with Robert's girl in retaliation.

2. Daario is a Blackfyre descendant. There's possible foreshadowing in the text (parallels to Aegon, etc). He's got the eyes/hair thing going on, he's from Tyrosh where at least one of Daemon's boys was taken to safety by uncle Bittersteel, and I would love, love, LOVE to see Dany's reaction when she gets back to find him taking one of the dragons and going to claim "her" throne. I bet smoke would come out of her ears.

3. Mance is a descendant of Bloodraven. There are actually text clues to support this (ok, one clue). And it explains why so many people have accidentally mistaken him for a certain dead Targ who shall remain nameless...and dead.

4. The reason why Darkstar is the most dangerous man in Dorne is because the red door is at High Hermitage.

5. Doran knew about Arianne's plot enough in advance that he switched Myrcella with her cousin and it's Rosamund who is now missing an ear.

6. Tyrion the chimera. Admittedly there is less than 1% chance of this, and for it to work would require a measure of scientific knowledge that Westeros does not seem to have. Or, you know, magic.

...the possibility that Jon may not have died of his injuries seems dumb to you? Why?

Maybe dumb wasn't the best word! (my primary language isn't english, so I may have not expressed myself correctly) I surely don't think it is dumb to believe he survived. In fact I think it is very likely, but I dislike the idea. Here's why:

If Jon does survive, then his last chapter in ADWD resorted to some cheap suspense IMO. I mean, it's not the end of a regular chapter, but of the last chapter of this character in the book. It's very reasonable to think he is dead, specially by the way all the scene is described. We just don't believe it because he still (supposedly) has to find out who his parents are, that he is a Targ and so on... If we discover in TWOW that Jon isn't dead but just injured (even badly), it's like GRRM is trying to play with our expectations in a very poor way, at least that's what I think!

Just to compare: so far, similar stuff happened with Brienne and Theon. With Brienne, it's not very clear how she survived the end of AFFC, so not much can be said by now. Theon, on the other hand, is attacked, disappears for two whole books and then reappears as Reek. Now that's interesting!

And if Jon isn't dead for good and we don't find him in the infirmary in the next book, the other options seem just too convoluted, often resorting in too much magic and in a very mechanical way. Like the "Jon warts into Ghost -> Stannis killis Theon in front of Heart Tree -> Bran uses blood to resurrect Jon -> Jon wargs back" theory. Plus it would be ANOTHER character resurrecting....

I have to admit that my opinion in this subject is mostly "aesthetical"...And after the "Rattleshirt is Glamoured Mance" thing, I've started to consider that anything can happen.

Maybe dumb wasn't the best word! (my primary language isn't english, so I may have not expressed myself correctly) I surely don't think it is dumb to believe he survived. In fact I think it is very likely, but I dislike the idea. Here's why:

If Jon does survive, then his last chapter in ADWD resorted to some cheap suspense IMO. I mean, it's not the end of a regular chapter, but of the last chapter of this character in the book. It's very reasonable to think he is dead, specially by the way all the scene is described. We just don't believe it because he still (supposedly) has to find out who his parents are, that he is a Targ and so on... If we discover in TWOW that Jon isn't dead but just injured (even badly), it's like GRRM is trying to play with our expectations in a very poor way, at least that's what I think!

Just to compare: so far, similar stuff happened with Brienne and Theon. With Brienne, it's not very clear how she survived the end of AFFC, so not much can be said by now. Theon, on the other hand, is attacked, disappears for two whole books and then reappears as Reek. Now that's interesting!

And if Jon isn't dead for good and we don't find him in the infirmary in the next book, the other options seem just too convoluted, often resorting in too much magic and in a very mechanical way. Like the "Jon warts into Ghost -> Stannis killis Theon in front of Heart Tree -> Bran uses blood to resurrect Jon -> Jon wargs back" theory. Plus it would be ANOTHER character resurrecting....

I have to admit that my opinion in this subject is mostly "aesthetical"...And after the "Rattleshirt is Glamoured Mance" thing, I've started to consider that anything can happen.

Thanks for clarifying your position. But I would say Martin is quite bad about pulling the "cheap suspense" trick....Arya, Tyrion, Davos, Bran...all have ended their chapters with "omg? Are they dead?!" ...but they aren't. Plus, if out really read the words he uses, they are quite careful. We don't know how bad Jon's injuries are at all, so they could range anywhere from serious but survivable to mortal.

Personally, I think Jon is alive but in bad shape, if I had to guess, because unless I see a character absolutely, indisputably dead, I err on the side of "it was a fake-out".

Thanks for clarifying your position. But I would say Martin is quite bad about pulling the "cheap suspense" trick....Arya, Tyrion, Davos, Bran...all have ended their chapters with "omg? Are they dead?!" ...but they aren't. Plus, if out really read the words he uses, they are quite careful. We don't know how bad Jon's injuries are at all, so they could range anywhere from serious but survivable to mortal.

Personally, I think Jon is alive but in bad shape, if I had to guess, because unless I see a character absolutely, indisputably dead, I err on the side of "it was a fake-out".

Yeah, that makes sense. Well, to be precise, I'm not satisfied with any of the options for Jon's fate that I'm aware of. But I still count him being dead for good as one of the reasonable possibilities. I know GRRM said Jon will find out who his mother was, but he's the writer, he can change his mind...it would be kinda an effective way of doing the "Ned is dead" shock again.

Archived