What is your personal crazy theory?

Gibzit

Here's one:

Cersei was angry that her mother Joanna separated her from Jaime, so Cersei poisoned her mother while she was pregnant, hoping the unborn child would be miscarried.

Much like with the Waif's stepmother, she botched it, and Tyrion became stunted in his mother's womb. But as a result, Joanna died in childbirth.

Cersei never accepted fault for what she has done, and blamed Tyrion for surviving when her mother did not.

One day, Jaime will find out. And then it's valonqar time.

The Daynes aren't Valyrian, the Valyrian are Daynes' descendants.

I like this idea.

And then George said, "You know that hint I gave you about who's gonna kill Cercei? Yeah, that was a lie. Just a straight up lie. It had nothing to do with Cercei's real killer, I was just f#ckng with you."

No. George does not lie to his readers, but it takes a certain level of reading comprehension to understand the difference between ambiguous hints and lying. Keep trying, big guy.

LOL. You are a joke.

It's mostly wild ideas! But I'm not convinced that a man who is soon going to die would make the effort of bringing a crippled boy from Winterfell to his cave to teach him the green arts and make him save the world. It's just too altruistic for ASOIAF standards. I think he is going to warg Bran (or at least try) to get a younger body. Since Bran will be trained by him to be a green seer, Bloodraven would be able to retain his powers (and maybe even warg into a new body when Bran's body gets old)

Ughhhh. Now that you say this, I could see it happening and damn if it doesn't have the grimness Martin seems to go for. However, he does seem to be keen on bringing the Starks back in the last book so I believe Bran will live, as himself, and the grimmest things will get for him is that he must replace BR as the man in the tree for hundreds of years.

If Jon does survive, then his last chapter in ADWD resorted to some cheap suspense IMO. I mean, it's not the end of a regular chapter, but of the last chapter of this character in the book. It's very reasonable to think he is dead, specially by the way all the scene is described. We just don't believe it because he still (supposedly) has to find out who his parents are, that he is a Targ and so on... If we discover in TWOW that Jon isn't dead but just injured (even badly), it's like GRRM is trying to play with our expectations in a very poor way, at least that's what I think!

Just to compare: so far, similar stuff happened with Brienne and Theon. With Brienne, it's not very clear how she survived the end of AFFC, so not much can be said by now. Theon, on the other hand, is attacked, disappears for two whole books and then reappears as Reek. Now that's interesting!

And if Jon isn't dead for good and we don't find him in the infirmary in the next book, the other options seem just too convoluted, often resorting in too much magic and in a very mechanical way. Like the "Jon warts into Ghost -> Stannis killis Theon in front of Heart Tree -> Bran uses blood to resurrect Jon -> Jon wargs back" theory. Plus it would be ANOTHER character resurrecting....

I have to admit that my opinion in this subject is mostly "aesthetical"...And after the "Rattleshirt is Glamoured Mance" thing, I've started to consider that anything can happen.

Several people have complained about this "you're dead. no, you're alive" ploy that Martin has used repeatedly in the books. Sadly, I really think that is the case for Jon, once again, and it will feel trite but I'm also not eager to hear that Jon is really dead.

Ughhhh. Now that you say this, I could see it happening and damn if it doesn't have the grimness Martin seems to go for. However, he does seem to be keen on bringing the Starks back in the last book so I believe Bran will live, as himself, and the grimmest things will get for him is that he must replace BR as the man in the tree for hundreds of years.

Several people have complained about this "you're dead. no, you're alive" ploy that Martin has used repeatedly in the books. Sadly, I really think that is the case for Jon, once again, and it will feel trite but I'm also not eager to hear that Jon is really dead.

I don't think it's necessarily a cheap ploy if it is needed to help Jon's character "change" in the way he needs to in order for him to become what he needs to be. If, while he is unconscious, he learns what his dreams mean, and he learns what his destiny is because he can't wake up before the end of the dream, then I think it will be fine.

I don't think it's necessarily a cheap ploy if it is needed to help Jon's character "change" in the way he needs to in order for him to become what he needs to be. If, while he is unconscious, he learns what his dreams mean, and he learns what his destiny is because he can't wake up before the end of the dream, then I think it will be fine.

I do think that having yet another character "die" then be alive again and doing things in the story has been done too many times and is cheap. Jon could have changed through other means.

I do think that having yet another character "die" then be alive again and doing things in the story has been done too many times and is cheap. Jon could have changed through other means.

I dislike the constant cliffhanger shit, too, but I would argue that Jon's is less cheaply done than Arya's, Tyrion's, Davos', etc, because the only point there was to scare the readers. I think this time, if it is done right, it will lead to the revelation that actually significantly changes the story. So even though I hate being left on hold for so long, I would say that this instance isn't the same 'caliber' as the others.

I have a few;

-Sandor is Azor Ahai Reborn

-The Hound Helm is actually cursed with those who wear it (It causes those who wear it to have a heightened level of cruelty & aggression)

-Robert was accidentally married in a drunken flourish at Stannis's wedding, and we know who was conceived

-I also have a feeling we might have a Hamlet ending, where the only survivors are a soldier & a steward, or something on those lines & that the Gravedigger is the final epilogue POV chapter in the last book.

There's probably a few other crazy theories I have, just these were the first few I could think of.

Coldhands is in fact Daemon II Blackfyre.

Doesn't Coldhands claim to be ~200 years old at one point? Daemon II should be younger than BR (who is 130 or thereabouts). Would also like to know what happened to the Fiddler in the end (probably executed by Maekar :frown5: , cause that the way that dude rolls).

I'm not so sure about the Dornish master plan. I think that the OP jumps to alot of conclusions. I think that Doran is a player but gets too much credit. It seems that Doran is cautious but too cautious. I mean, Oberyn accomplished more in his short time at KL than Doran did in 17 years. Doran comes aross as someone who has let opportunities pass him by ( symbolically he is surrounded by over ripe fruit) because he is too cautious. Doran says he worked towards Tywins downfall but what did he really accomplish? Nothing. Tywin was just as powerful as ever until Tyrion put an arrow through him. Doran had nothing to do with it.

why do you destroy my dreams? :crying:

Cersei was angry that her mother Joanna separated her from Jaime, so Cersei poisoned her mother while she was pregnant, hoping the unborn child would be miscarried.

Much like with the Waif, she botched it, and Tyrion became stunted in his mother's womb. But as a result, Joanna died in childbirth.

Cersei never accepted fault for what she has done, and blamed Tyrion for surviving when her mother did not.

I love that! It's so great! Amazing!

Doesn't Coldhands claim to be ~200 years old at one point? Daemon II should be younger than BR (who is 130 or thereabouts). Would also like to know what happened to the Fiddler in the end (probably executed by Maekar :frown5: , cause that the way that dude rolls).

No age ever given for coldhands. Just that he died "long ago". If Maekar didn't kill BR why Daemon II? Out of the 2 BR was clearly the bigger threat and killing Daemon II would make him a kinslayer just the same as BR. He did throw BR in jail, but when Maekar died BR led the great council who chose Aegon.

I have no proof. Just a good guess based on what we know and GRRM's style of giving us just enough info to take a stab.

Arya is the younger more beautiful queen that cersi is afraid of. I find it funny that arya looks like lyanna. The woman cersi has lost to twice.

First cersi wanted to marry rhegar and he married elia for political reasons but risked all to run away with lyanna.

Second cersi married robert who spent his whole life loving lyanna. How ironic would it be that she lost everything to a lyanna look alike.

But the only way I can see arya becoming queen is to marry gendry or go save mother mole and the wildlings and be declared queen beyond the wall.

You did say crazy

Bloodraven planned Robertt's Rebellion. He entered Aerys' and Rhaegar's dreams and gave them visions that led them to doing what they did. Example: Aerys thought the KotLT was an enemy because he dreamed (s)he would destroy house Targaryen, sent Rhaegar after her, and the rest is history.

He did all that to get the 3 heads of the dragon out of a spoiled life in Kings Landing and go through experiences that would help them save the world and all.

Archived