What would make you stop reading a future book of Asoiaf and never pick it up again?

BrienneofQarth

If Theon and/or Asha are sacrificed to resurrect Jon Special Snowflake, especially because Roose and Ramsay are right there ready to fulfill the "Two kings to wake the dragon, first the father, then the son" prophecy thing. All they have to do is crowned themselves as Lady Dustin thinks they will

What is this prophecy? Never heard of it before.

To the OP, nothing really. Too deep in now. Although Arya killing Jon or vice versa would be close.

What is this prophecy? Never heard of it before.

To the OP, nothing really. Too deep in now. Although Arya killing Jon or vice versa would be close.

From Jon I in ADWD:

Burning dead children had ceased to trouble Jon Snow; live ones were another matter. Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings. The words had been murmured by one of the queen’s men as Maester Aemon had cleaned his wounds. Jon had tried to dismiss them as his fever talking. Aemon had demurred. “There is power in a king’s blood,” the old maester had warned, “and better men than Stannis have done worse things than this.” The king can be harsh and unforgiving, aye, but a babe still on the breast? Only a monster would give a living child to the flames.

From Jon I in ADWD:

Burning dead children had ceased to trouble Jon Snow; live ones were another matter. Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings. The words had been murmured by one of the queen’s men as Maester Aemon had cleaned his wounds. Jon had tried to dismiss them as his fever talking. Aemon had demurred. “There is power in a king’s blood,” the old maester had warned, “and better men than Stannis have done worse things than this.” The king can be harsh and unforgiving, aye, but a babe still on the breast? Only a monster would give a living child to the flames.

Ah, thanks. And this is supposed to apply to the Boltons? Sounds delicious...

Ah, thanks. And this is supposed to apply to the Boltons? Sounds delicious...

No one's sure yet. It theoretically could be Dany, but I don't think it quite fits. We'll see, though :)

"Because fuck yeah, Victarion" is going to be my personal motto since now :lol:

Just read this. Absolutely brilliant. Laughed so hard at the northern army telling Jon, "Not yet, Jon. There's still plots to be twisted."

And Howland running out of the court yelling R+L=J.

I think if my theory becomes true and the real Arya marries Ramsay Bolton, and they become a power couple, a lot of Arya fans will quit reading. They will have the perfect meet cute story "I had heard that my impostor married him, so I came to set things straight. When our eyes met, though...."

Edit: I obviously meant Ramsay from context, just had a brain fart. Plus it's fun to say Roose. Roose. Heh.

I've only gave up on one series I was really invested in and that was the walking dead. I stopped somewhere after issue 100 because it was just full of false tension and cliffhangers and situations where nothing happens, basically it just felt dragged out. So for me to give up on asoiaf it'd have to be announced that there'd be ten books, more fake deaths, descriptions of food and for things to just stop happening.

I've only gave up on one series I was really invested in and that was the walking dead. I stopped somewhere after issue 100 because it was just full of false tension and cliffhangers and situations where nothing happens, basically it just felt dragged out. So for me to give up on asoiaf it'd have to be announced that there'd be ten books, more fake deaths, descriptions of food and for things to just stop happening.

I've given up on quite a few. Once I lose interest, I really don't bother with it anymore. I get bored and have to find something new and interesting to do.

When Martin takes forever pills and declares Dreams would happen on the year 2040. Love the series, but once it gets to the 2020 point and the show becomes canon for a butt load of new readers, I would probably lose interest and have to worry of kids at that point and other adult stuff, the woes of becoming a adult.

When Martin takes forever pills and declares Dreams would happen on the year 2040. Love the series, but once it gets to the 2020 point and the show becomes canon for a butt load of new readers, I would probably lose interest and have to worry of kids at that point and other adult stuff, the woes of becoming a adult.

I've got two kids and don't have the time to read anyway ;)

Archived