What would make you stop reading a future book of Asoiaf and never pick it up again?

BrienneofQarth

Dude! I love you, but some of these things will most likely come to pass, dont stop reading because of it.... :)

I wouldn't stop reading. Just being dramatic :P But Dany losing Drogon to Jon would most likely make me stop.

I wouldn't stop reading. Just being dramatic :P But Dany losing Drogon to Jon would most likely make me stop.

Tyrion's riding ,uh... "one" and the other might be ridden by aegon during So you think you can Dance Westeros after which the said dragon might pass on to Jon. Tada! Everybody wins..

Except Aegon :(

Well since I've invested the last friken ten years of my life to this series in an almost constant state of waiting on the next one, I think I would read the damn things almost out of spite!!

But things that would make me walk away from them for AT LEAST a day would be:

-Dany ending up only being included in the story so she can give Jon Drogon....then dying.

-Tyrion being a Targ...no wait...ANY OTHER SECRET TARGS. BITCHES POPPIN UP ALL OVER THE PLACE IN THESE FORUMS!!

-Jon being the Jesus Christ figure of the series, saving the world with one hand, and saving a baby, puppy and kitten with the other while singing 'Advance Westeros Fair'. (Or insert whatever patriotic song from your motherland here....but you all get the image I'm lazily crafting yes..?)

- All of the direwolves being killed.

- ICE DWWAAGGOONN.....and and SHHAADDOWW DWWAGGONN!!! :bang:

SOOOO....yes I would read them, but I would read them bitterly and making sure they get absolutely NO pleasure out of it.

Pretty much all of these although I think we might get a Mel like shadow dragon which goes along with Aemon's "the false light can only lead us deeper into darkness" insert false dragon.

As for Jon getting Drogon - I would be pretty upset about that. It would mean we have spent a a good chunk of the series developing what would be a glorified messenger. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Tyrion riding a dragon.

Tyrion ending up with Sansa/Dany/Tysha

Tyrion becomes the king and rules wisely for all the days to come

Tyrion is a Targ, after all

Good things happen to/for Saint Stannis

I have to get rid of all this Tyrion-related bitterness.

:agree:

• 5 months later...

At first I thought nothing would and then....I read what someone else had posted.

If this is all just a dream someone is dreaming I will rip my books to shreds with my bare hands, and then rip those pieces into smaller pieces until I can't rip them in to any smaller pieces. Then I will set all those pieces on fire. That's how upset I'll be.

Jon coming back as unJon. I'm 60% sure I'd stop reading.

I'm about there, yep. I want no more undeaths, excepting w/e medical/spiritual/horticultural miracles we need to keep GRRM semi-sentient enough to keep cranking out non-undead versions of ASOIAF for as long as we both (me, really) shall live.

If the Others turn out to be an Always Chaotic Evil race that wants to end humanity for teh lulz

Actually, I think the only way I could accept the Others being evil was if they were doing it for the lulz.

Can you imagine it, when no-one is looking the Night's King and great Other sit around, pissing themselves laughing at how much they have confused and frightened all the humans south of the wall :D

Archived