Acrophobia #11 - Animal Life in Westeros Round Won by Dolorous Gabe

Fragile Bird

Thanks. :blushing: :D

I'll attack this tomorrow. So tired the only thing I've come up with so far is "With treats, idiot! Damn landed simpleton." My first reaction to the letters is often useless as you can see.

At your worst, you're still better than most of us. :)

At your worst, you're still better than most of us. :)

You're new to this, aren't you? :) I have had some spectacular failures throughout the run of Acrophobia--rounds with no votes, rounds with only pity votes, things like that--and those were for some of my favorite entries too!

You're new to this, aren't you? :) I have had some spectacular failures throughout the run of Acrophobia--rounds with no votes, rounds with only pity votes, things like that--and those were for some of my favorite entries too!

I've been around since Acro 5, so no, not really that new.

It's interesting because I couldn't remember. I went back and looked through Acro 4 because I thought I might have jumped in at the end. You were in the lead of that game through rd. 4 and eventually finished 6th or 7th. I've never sniffed the top ten, so I know whereof I speak! :)

I just wanted to tell y'all that the surprise silver lining to hosting is having wonderful e-mail conversations with y'all, and getting new friends to boot! :D

It's so wonderful!! Especially learning about others from different countries. I've gotten to know a lot of people but have gotten close to a couple people, 1 in particular and it's awesome. Such a tight-knit community :cheers:

Just a note about use of punctuation and symbols.

I will judge on a case-by-case basis, which I guess the other hosts did as well, but the basic rule, I think, should be that all punctuation is allowed, but symbols are iffy. Symbols replace words, and you are not allowed to slip in an and or to or if when you need it (that would have made things a lot easier with some letters!). Most of the time you really don't need that & or +, you can work with a comma, a period, a hyphen.

Now, if a random set of letters came along as RLJ, and everyone was using R+L=J in their answer, I could understand, but don't hold your breath thinking that will ever happen. ;)

Bird,

I'm pretty sure I've just sent you entry after entry while complaining that none of them is good enough. If you think that's a friendly conversation just wait until you see what happens if I'm in second or third place by round 5 and spilling my guts to you every round. God help you if I'm in 2d place for the last round and the clue ends in "y" I might have a fit in public..

H'H

Bird,

I'm pretty sure I've just sent you entry after entry while complaining that none of them is good enough. If you think that's a friendly conversation just wait until you see what happens if I'm in second or third place by round 5 and spilling my guts to you every round. God help you if I'm in 2d place for the last round and the clue ends in "y" I might have a fit in public..

H'H

Truth!

Archived