Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Cold Crashing Waves

not bad. why are there no lasersword boomerangs or axes or flechette rounds?

There are a ton of weapons that would be improved by adding Plasma. Though I've always been of the opinion the guns were not one of them. Blasters always seemed rather impractical to me.

Of course, if that armor does not protect against wood and stone weapons from 40 pound ewoks, I question what tech level it is really useful for.

Well yeah. now that you mention it the troopers were having trouble dealing with stone age tech (rockfall traps and vine nets) in that novel as well. So I guess the armor is primarily for looks. I suppose if your groundtroops are primarily clones, you don't really bother with comprehensive protective gear.

Ignore the Ewoks. They should have all died within the first five minutes after the attack. The stormtroopers should have bombed everything several miles around the base, and all the Ewoks should be have been reduced to cinders.

The only reason the Ewoks are there is as comedy relief/to be cute/child-friendly.

If memory serves, weren't they supposed to be Wookies initially? That would make more sense. I could see a Wookie being able to hurl a spear or a boulder hard enough the crack or pierce stormtrooper armor.

If memory serves, weren't they supposed to be Wookies initially? That would make more sense. I could see a Wookie being able to hurl a spear or a boulder hard enough the crack or pierce stormtrooper armor.

Yes, and the forest moon of Endor was supposed to be Kashyyyk the Wookie home planet.

Is there a Lightsaber Naginata? Cause I want to see a Lightsaber Naginata.

There are spear-like lightsabers with very long handles. Lightsaber pikes, or something like that, I think. They probably don't use them because:

1.-They aren't very portable or concealable.

2.-The long handle is at risk of being cut by your opponent's lightsaber, unless it is made of a lightsaber-resistant material.

3.-Before the Clone Wars the Sith had been hiding for many centuries, so the Jedis never fought seriusly other lightsaber users, they used their lightsabers mostly to block and return blaster bolts, and a regular lightsaber is better than a lightsaber pike at that.

Everything was decanonized except the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons and the 6 movies. And whatever was released after the canon-altering announcement.

The only kinda exception in the KOTOR-era stuff which is not officially canon but not-officially not-canon and seems to be hovering in a limbo where everyone agrees for the sake of TOR that it's long enough ago that it doesn't matter either way so nobody needs to take a firm stance.

Archived