Where the hell will Dany&co. land in Westeros?

OmnomnomPomelo

Since the world is round and she sails past Asshai, she'll land at the Shield Islands and land on mainland Westeros at the mouth of the Mander: Queen's Landing, the new capital of Westeros, is born.

Nah, she'll sail past Valyria and land at Dragonstone or the Vale.

I've always said Mandergard ought to be there.

Possibly the Stormlands. The Golden Company landed there, 10,000 strong with Aegon.

Or Dorne. They seemed to support Viserys, and they're still wanting to avenge Oberyn.

I have a hard time imagining Dragonstone, considering that the presence of the royal navy in King's Landing and other Crownlands ships are so close. It's also rather small, and could be cut off with a simple naval overpowering.

1. She will take Dragonstone.

2. Vale is the next target but Stannis is also in the game. The Vale Lords will be undecided between these two and even fAegon in the South.

3. Dany and Stannis will fight a naval combat. Dany will win (though Davos will probably kill Viserion during the battle).

4. Dany will land on the Vale.

5. Then, she will quickly expand into Riverlands by offering to bring dragon's justice to the Freys.

I would say it really depends how events develop. There are too many unknowns when it comes to the events that are building up now.

For example, if the Others have actually breached the Wall and zombified the North by the time she arrives, they will be top priority enemy.

If Euron has made his threat plain, then he would be the main target, wherever he is - I don't think he will stick around in Oldtown for long he just wants something from there.

Aegon may be on the throne by then but she might know he's a fake. In which case that would make her quite mad and she would plan for a KL assault.

Stannis is a huge unknown in terms of how he would react to someone with a better claim than his own, which applies to both Aegon (in theory) and Dany.

Tyrion has business in the Vale, but Dany doesn't. I don't see her going there.

I would say it really depends how events develop. There are too many unknowns when it comes to the events that are building up now.

For example, if the Others have actually breached the Wall and zombified the North by the time she arrives, they will be top priority enemy.

If Euron has made his threat plain, then he would be the main target, wherever he is - I don't think he will stick around in Oldtown for long he just wants something from there.

Aegon may be on the throne by then but she might know he's a fake. In which case that would make her quite mad and she would plan for a KL assault.

Stannis is a huge unknown in terms of how he would react to someone with a better claim than his own, which applies to both Aegon (in theory) and Dany.

Tyrion has business in the Vale, but Dany doesn't. I don't see her going there.

I dont see how they would have a better claim then his own, Stannis is Robert's heir, and Robert claimed the IT for himself. The Targ dynasty was overthrown. However as we have seen throughout the series claims dont really mean much just pure military strength

I dont see how they would have a better claim then his own, Stannis is Robert's heir, and Robert claimed the IT for himself. The Targ dynasty was overthrown. However as we have seen throughout the series claims dont really mean much just pure military strength

The Baratheon claim came via the Targ one. Targ lineage is the only reason Robert was considered top in line to be King above any of his allies. So to deny Targ claims is to deny Baratheon ones. Robert was well aware, which is why he needed Viserys and Dany dead.

Dragonstone or Eastwatch by the Sea, depending if she goes for the throne first or for the rescue of the realm.

About the claim. the Targ connection was used to proclaim Robert the king instead of the winners of the rebellion, Jon Arryn or Ned Stark might have ended up on the throne as well. But the reign of Arys' bloodline ended with the rebellion. Even Varys admits in AGOT that Stannis has the real claim. But if the books have shown anything, it's that claims don't mean a thing with support. Robert had enough support, Viserys didn't. Tommen has that support right now and both Dany and Stannis will have to win the loyalty of the Westerosi lords if the ever want to rule. Nobody will hand them a crown, because they have a claim.

There is no real claim. Anyone decended from a king has a real claim - how strong it is depends on how much support you get.

As for Dany landing, I think the wall at this point, but an outside chance it's dragon stone. I don't think there's enough time for a campaign to take westeros to happen so she will probably go straight north as soon as she finds out what's going on up there.

There is no real claim. Anyone decended from a king has a real claim - how strong it is depends on how much support you get.

As for Dany landing, I think the wall at this point, but an outside chance it's dragon stone. I don't think there's enough time for a campaign to take westeros to happen so she will probably go straight north as soon as she finds out what's going on up there.

The pont was not to have this circular debate, but to say that how STANNIS will react to Dany or Aegon is unclear. Robert's Rebellion was not his war, but his claim is nothing more than Robert's. He has been fighting this whole time for the principle of legitimacy on the throne. While the Lannisters are certainly not legitimate, Dany undisputably is. He knows it. He actually has no principled reason whatsoever to fight her, and he is not fighting because he particularly WANTS the throne, but for the principle.

Aegon is similar but different: Stannis would have strong suspicions but if proven legitimate then Stannis would have the same problem fighting him as he does fighting Dany. It would simply no longer be a fight of principle.

1. She will take Dragonstone.

2. Vale is the next target but Stannis is also in the game. The Vale Lords will be undecided between these two and even fAegon in the South.

3. Dany and Stannis will fight a naval combat. Dany will win (though Davos will probably kill Viserion during the battle).

4. Dany will land on the Vale.

5. Then, she will quickly expand into Riverlands by offering to bring dragon's justice to the Freys.

Where'd you get #3 from...? -- And why Davos killing Viserion?

At the Wall. Anything of importance seems to happen there. :D

Actually, there was one previous princess (forgot her name) who went to the wall with her Dragon; Dany might want to pick up on that and go there first. Or maybe she'll go there because she hears about the threat of the Others and decide to fry some zombies first thing she does. Her with her social pathos and all.

The folks at the Wall would certainly welcome the extra heat, I'm sure.

Archived