TTNE 445: Mucho mucho ice cream in su trucky-trailer?

Grand Moff Mithrandir

Happy birthday, Helena! Have CAKE! :cheers: :grouphug:

Is it just me or was being mean by not understanding my genuine reason for not attending

She was not being mean and compassionless, she is just obeying the rules she must. If you fail to attend such and such percentage of classes, you cannot pass the subject. There is

absolutely nothing wrong with retaking the year and prolonging the studying for one year. Especially since you also work while you study. So calm down, take a deep breath, focus on your health issues now, and you will retake the class next semester. :)

Happy birthday, Helena! Have CAKE! :cheers: :grouphug:

She was not being mean and compassionless, she is just obeying the rules she must. If you fail to attend such and such percentage of classes, you cannot pass the subject. There is

absolutely nothing wrong with retaking the year and prolonging the studying for one year. Especially since you also work while you study. So calm down, take a deep breath, focus on your health issues now, and you will retake the class next semester. :)

I agree with you on that point, I just don't think she should have been harsh just because I had no other way of getting to uni today. That is just wrong imo. Is it my fault the weather was bad?

On the other hand, I got my coursework back today and I actually did pretty well. It's proof that I am a capable student. And ironically enough so far, I am doing better this year than I did last year. Meh I shall see what happens. I just do not want to be explaining to my parents that I have to take a year out, it will be shameful to say the least for them.

Maybe I'll start looking for my own place, I just want some peace.

I have a feeling this thread will meet its end before GMM corrects the title. :(

I agree with you on that point, I just don't think she should have been harsh just because I had no other way of getting to uni today. That is just wrong imo. Is it my fault the weather was bad?

On the other hand, I got my coursework back today and I actually did pretty well. It's proof that I am a capable student. And ironically enough so far, I am doing better this year than I did last year. Meh I shall see what happens. I just do not want to be explaining to my parents that I have to take a year out, it will be shameful to say the least for them.

Maybe I'll start looking for my own place, I just want some peace.

Well I obviously do not know the exact phrasing of her message to you, but what you said does not sound that harsh to me. "Do not come back to this university because you are obviously not taking it seriously" - that would have been harsh. If she wants to talk to you next week, that means she still believes something can be done and your study saved. :)

Nobody said it is your fault that the weather was bad. :)

I do not understand the "take a year out" system. You retake the year, you do not have to sit idly at home for a year before you are allowed to go back, right? If you do, that is your system being weird. :P But what I really really think is that it is your parents' duty to understand and support you if you have to retake the year. (It would be a different situation if you failed because you were only partying and not doing anything school-related, then they would actually have a reason to be disappointed in you, but that is obviously not the case.) And stop saying what is "shameful". That only applies to what other people might think. And your education is nobody's but your own business. Well, since your parents are still financially supporting you, then I suppose it is their business too - but nobody else's. I know plenty of people who prolonged their study for a year or more years, and guess what, it is absolutely nothing that either themselves or their families are or should be ashamed of.

Getting a place for your own might be a good idea, if you can afford it, but I must say I am worried for you. The proximity of your family can be positive for you, since your health is not that good as it is, changing your living situation radically could not help. But whatever you decide to do, good luck. :)

(Also, if you do end up moving, choose a place within walking distance of your university. Commuting 2 hours every day must be hell. :P)

So on Tuesday I stupidly managed to break the hard drive for my laptop and have been incomunicado til now. My amazing techy friend came round today and has managed to set up a non-Windows operating system on a USB stick for me, phew! Not really phew though, I'm gonna have to fork out £100+ for a PC repair man to come and fix things. One company I rang gave me a quote of £300! :crying:

So, I bought this for my other cat today...

What a beautiful cat! What's her (/his) name? I'm also jealous of the cat jumper, even though I don't have a cat to buy one for. :laugh:

Our Flower is wise.

:agree:

I have a feeling this thread will meet its end before GMM corrects the title. :(

Well I obviously do not know the exact phrasing of her message to you, but what you said does not sound that harsh to me. "Do not come back to this university because you are obviously not taking it seriously" - that would have been harsh. If she wants to talk to you next week, that means she still believes something can be done and your study saved. :)

Nobody said it is your fault that the weather was bad. :)

I do not understand the "take a year out" system. You retake the year, you do not have to sit idly at home for a year before you are allowed to go back, right? If you do, that is your system being weird. :P But what I really really think is that it is your parents' duty to understand and support you if you have to retake the year. (It would be a different situation if you failed because you were only partying and not doing anything school-related, then they would actually have a reason to be disappointed in you, but that is obviously not the case.) And stop saying what is "shameful". That only applies to what other people might think. And your education is nobody's but your own business. Well, since your parents are still financially supporting you, then I suppose it is their business too - but nobody else's. I know plenty of people who prolonged their study for a year or more years, and guess what, it is absolutely nothing that either themselves or their families are or should be ashamed of.

Getting a place for your own might be a good idea, if you can afford it, but I must say I am worried for you. The proximity of your family can be positive for you, since your health is not that good as it is, changing your living situation radically could not help. But whatever you decide to do, good luck. :)

(Also, if you do end up moving, choose a place within walking distance of your university. Commuting 2 hours every day must be hell. :P)

I was referring specifically to today, as I had absolutely no way of getting to uni but it sounded as though she was still holding it against me. Like, 'trains were cancelled and you couldn't get to uni, that's your fault!' The rest I understand. Hopefully there is a way to save my studies.. the only thing I have is my coursework as proof that I am an able student, I can still complete work to a decent standard. It was making the journey to uni that was difficult for me because of my problem..

It just means I won't be able to complete the rest of my year, I will have to do it again in September (I think. I will need to clarify this). so really I'm taking about 8 months out. I have a part time job and enough savings to last me 8 months, I could probably get some experience for myself in that time to boost my cv if I had to.

My parents have considered sending me away to live closer to uni. So I will for sure if things don't work out, but I'll find a place BEFORE telling them. So they can't stop me. And I'm sure I can find a place close to uni, I'll ask uni colleagues as they know the area better than me :)

Thank you :grouphug:

Archived