Should brothels be banned?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Poe's law be damned. Are you being serious or not?

Statistics don't lie. Everytime I've almost been rolled over, a 4x4 has been involved. 4x4s sales have increased heavily in my city (also vans and luxury cars), even bought by those who need to move only five or six blocks (I've seen this, I'm not kidding) because they need to show their "status" rather than because it's a necessity. And the main buyers belong to the a sector of population where high rates of racism, elitism and little concern for other people's welfare have been prominent.

Statistics don't lie. Everytime I've almost been rolled over, a 4x4 has been involved. 4x4s sales have increased heavily in my city (also vans and luxury cars), even bought by those who need to move only five or six blocks (I've seen this, I'm not kidding) because they need to show their "status" rather than because it's a necessity. And the main buyers belong to the a sector of population where high rates of racism, elitism and little concern for other people's welfare have been prominent.

My truck is technically a 2 wheel drive, but it's big.

At least around here, the trucks (and there are a metric shit ton of them) tend to be the better drivers. I've seen more compact cars double parked than I have massive pickups that barely fit in the space. I think it's because of the extra awareness it takes to drive them.

(Yay off topic)

Morality is relative. Something that is immoral to to one person would be considered holy to another person (human sacrifice for example [aztecs have strong views on this]).

That being said, you yourself are more overly moralistic than you accuse me of being, giving your monolithic ranting over "sexual liberation". Remember that in the beginning of the 20th century feminists were the ones who spearheaded making prostitution illegal. Josephine Butler is one such example.

And just like you said in your previous post, Times Change, People's Minds change. But seems you are still stuck with early 20th century concept of Morality and Moral ETHICS. Good luck with that.

Frankly, I find it hard to distinguish the two. But even if one could make this distinction, the JOHN is never in a position to make that distinction. The John is NEVER in a position to know if his money will be used for trafficking and abuse, for bribery or corruption of the system. Hence, the JOHN is always behaving irresponsibly.

A man should find his own woman, and accept responsibility for how he treats her. Men patronise prostitutes because they don't want to to this. I do not think it is acceptable for a man to delegate his responsibilities to a pimp. Nor do I find it acceptable to delegate to the government the policing of the pimps that your money keeps in business. The better solution is not to be part of the problem.

I'm so confused by this ChillyPolly?

Procreation is instinctual element of biological life and human's therefore desire sex. Generally, human's desire sex with other human's that they find physically attractive (this is probably tied into biology also, to do with potential attractiveness of offspring). Often, humans desire sex with those that do not find them attractive and no amount of acting responsibly towards a person that does not find you as attractive as you find them is going to help. Prostitutes can fill this niche, they can allow a person (usually heterosexual male, granted) to make a financial exchange for a sexual desire.

I can be a blokey bloke and sometimes chauvinistic (just ask my wife :D ) but I'd never come to the conclusion that prostitutes cause men to behave irresponsibly towards women? Blaming prostitutes for masculine irresponsibility demeans masculinity, to me. In another way, every bloke should be accountable for their own actions and how they treat any women in their life, be they prostitutes or not. And a bloke should not hold it against another bloke that decides to purchase a prostitute because they can't fulfill their sexual desires with a willing partner at a given point in time.

There is a reason why prostitution is referred to as the world's oldest profession and it's not going to go away unless sexual desire is removed from our whole species.

Greater chance of being run over by a 4x4 should be related to greater 4x4 market share^^ Seriously though, I see what you're saying. Are these people assholes because they're rich or are they rich because they're assholes?

And just like you said in your previous post, Times Change, People's Minds change. But seems you are still stuck with early 20th century concept of Morality and Moral ETHICS. Good luck with that.

There is no such thing as "moral ethics". Ethics are, by definition, moral principles.

There is a reason why prostitution is referred to as the world's oldest profession and it's not going to go away unless sexual desire is removed from our whole species.

Architecture is the oldest profession, not prostitution. Although it feels the same, sometimes.

(old joke from my old times of being architect)

Greater chance of being run over by a 4x4 should be related to greater 4x4 market share^^ Seriously though, I see what you're saying. Are these people assholes because they're rich or are they rich because they're assholes?

It's complicated, but it's not only money involved. Top put it simple, when my current president, who has native roots won, many young voters, mostly those who live in the "A sector" said stuff like "does that mean that our drivers now will have the same rights as us?".

It's complicated, but it's not only money involved. Top put it simple, when my current president, who has native roots won, many young voters, mostly those who live in the "A sector" said stuff like "does that mean that our drivers now will have the same rights as us?".

I hope I should't feel bad for laughing at that

I'm sorry... Can you please explain that? "A Sector" and City of Kings/Ciudad de Reyes didn't hit on google for me.

Prohibition needs some explaining. Before prohibition was passed, alcoholism was rampant in the US. It was common for a man to get payments at the end of the month, go to the bar, drink away his entire paycheck, and leave his family to go hungry. Remember, the people who pushed for prohibition were mostly Progressives (the same group that pushed for suffrage and tried to outlaw child labor). After it was passed, alcohol consumption was cut back quite a bit. Eventually it was repealed, but not because it failed: it was repealed because people changed their mind (which is how a democracy works).

As for drugs, I don't get why people consider the war on drugs unnecessary. Meth, heroine, and crack are all proven to be extremely dangerous to human health and to cause rampant crime. Criminalizing them has cut back their use significantly.

At a certain point, the lawmakers have to draw a line when people go too far.

Have you even read about Prohibition at all? It was way more complex than you imply. Prohibition created very bloody turf wars, the laws were not all applied the same across the country and moonshine and home made liquors killed thousands. It was also a failure as far stopping alcoholism. There was plenty of booze to be had for those who wanted it. It made millionaires of many including people in Canada and other countries who sold liquor to America.

Prohibitions don't work.

I'm sorry... Can you please explain that? "A Sector" and City of Kings/Ciudad de Reyes didn't hit on google for me.

Snobbish districts in Lima Peru. Here, if you can translate. Mostly of them were kids from the most expensive colleges around here, living in the most expensive neighbourhoods. Mostly comments are "fucking indians", "I hope Chile bombs Perú", "the poor people has won".

Snobbish districts in Lima Peru. Here, if you can translate. Mostly of them were kids from the most expensive colleges around here, living in the most expensive neighbourhoods. Mostly comments are "fucking indians", "I hope Chile bombs Perú", "the poor people has won".

Suddenly, that comment makes more sense. I was looking at that last sentence like they were upset that drivers rights were increasing in relation to pedestrians, and that this was somehow caused by the President being someone who grew up in Peru. #clueless

Interesting you should say that - there are records of 'sex temples' in the oldest of human civilizations. So chances are the first 'churches' were places of worship by 'fucking', or 'holy brothels'.

Sounds a bit more fun and interesting than modern worship.

There is no such thing as "moral ethics". Ethics are, by definition, moral principles.

No need to lecture me on definitions. I understand very well myself. Thank You Very Much.

Archived