Is Sting Underrated?

Weeping Sore

Ask yourself, have you appreciated Sting enough in your lifetime? Think of all he has done for you, from the spoken-word ode to inflatible sex dolls on the first Police album, to his recent four-month Broadway stand in a musical about unemployed dock workers. Have you given enough of your Sacred Love to Sting?

Obviously you're still shackled by received notions of shame around the topic of defecation.

Come on, woman! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

So is that what this is about then ? Anarchy for the sake of it? A war on decency ! Decency is a choice Goddamnit !

*also received notion ? Shouldn't it be perceived notion

*also received notion ? Shouldn't it be perceived notion

"Received" from external sources vs. innate or inborn.

ETA: though I'm sure there's some innate aversion to other people's poop as an evolutionary strategy to avoid dangerous bacteria.

I submit that the received or conditioned response is to one's own poop.

ETA2: @ TKIB- What is decency?

Human poo is now a controlled substance. We are all going to jail.

The purpose of fecal transplant is to replace good bacteria that has been killed or suppressed, usually by the use of antibiotics, causing bad bacteria, specifically Clostridium difficile, or C. diff., to over-populate the colon. This infection causes a condition called C. diff. colitis, resulting in often debilitating, sometimes fatal diarrhea

Proven very effective to treat Chron's disease and colitis. Just because this isn't bizarre enough:

It has been used for over 100 years in veterinary medicine, and has been used regularly for decades in many countries as the first line of defense, or treatment of choice, for C. diff. It is customary in many areas of the world for a newborn infant to receive a tiny amount of the mother’s stool by mouth, thought to provide immediate population of good bacteria in the baby’s colon, thereby jump-starting the baby’s immune system.

You're welcome.

"Received" from external sources vs. innate or inborn.

ETA: though I'm sure there's some innate aversion to other people's poop as an evolutionary strategy to avoid dangerous bacteria.

I submit that the received or conditioned response is to one's own poop.

ETA2: @ TKIB- What is decency?

Let me tell you what justice is. Justice is the law. And the law is man's feeble attempt to lay down the principles of decency. Decency! And decency isn't a deal, it's not a contract or a hustle or an angle! Decency... decency is what your grandmother taught you. It's in your bones!

These are The Lord's own words.

That's right, Morgan Freeman's.

Also regarding this thread ; are we giving a voice to our internal perversions thus securing a psychological release on a subconcious level via this thread , or just representing a farcical take on a fantastically far-fetched discussion about excretion ?

Don't bother answering ; I know we're just talking shit about shit.

Archived