Confirmed: Coldhands is not....

jaimereborn

That's really impressive. I never thought he was Coldhands but wow, actually going out and finding the evidence to support/destroy a theory (any theory) is impressive.

On a side-note: why didn't he listen to his editor about the "words are wind" thing?!

Maybe he has a bet going with someone about how many times he can use the phrase before X happens (editor quits in frustration, world blows up, real dragons invade New Jersey, etc).

But didn't he remove some of words are wind from the text? It was the "soon or late" into "sooner or later" suggestion being ignored if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I don't think it is valid to assume coldhands is Dunk. Because Dunk was not "killed" long ago, at least presumably. Or I'm certain CoTF wouldn't know the cause of death of Dunk, or whatever happened at Summerhall.

Whoa. That's actually some really big news.

And now we speculate...it could be that he's just BR's squire/steward from when BR was LC of the NW and BR has gifted him with some sort of special wight abilities.

Good news.

I never considered Coldhands being Benjen though, after the Cotf said that he died long ago.

Whoa. That's actually some really big news.

And now we speculate...it could be that he's just BR's squire/steward from when BR was LC of the NW and BR has gifted him with some sort of special wight abilities.

Or he could be from the Raven's teeth, BR elite archer guard.

Good to know.

I never thought he was Benjen though. I think Benjen knows too much, just like the mythical Howland Reed and had to exit the stage for awhile until the story catches up with what he knows. I don't think CH is Dunk either. As several have suggested, he's probably just a Bloodraven controlled wight who has played his part in the story and is now done.

Hey guys, Also found in the manuscript was a instance where george was writing about Dany and Daario and (Mistakenly??**) used the name Benjen instead of Daario. It was corrected in green by the editor "dont you mean Daario"

Interesting, Seems a odd name to insert when he has not been around for a long time.

Pretty good stuff. And that part about splitting what is probably the most boring Tyrion chapter (the one in Volantis) in two? Good grief, if aDwD turned out tedious as it is I don't even want to imagine the unedited version

Looks like Bran originally had a POV after Jon's stabbing. Hmmm.

Wonder if that cut POV will appear in Winds or a re edited version will appear? Also never once thought Benjen was Coldhands. Maybe Benjen is the hooded man in Winterfell and had help from the COTF getting in through a secret passage? There could be something he needs in Winterfell for the upcoming showdown with the Others?

Archived