R + L = J v. 127

JonCon's Red Beard

So again keep deluding yourself into thinking that Jon was as good at riding as anyone in Winterfell, when he wasn't.

Oh stop with the bullshit insults. You're not even good at them.

Jon was repeating what the fucking Master of Horse said. How about you learn how to fucking read already?

"Hullen says (THE MASTER OF HORSE) I sit a horse as well as anyone in the castle."

When the fucking Master of Horse says that you can ride as well as ANYONE IN WINTERFELL, it means you can ride as well as ANYONE IN WINTERFELL. ANYONE. That's the meaning of "ANYONE".

But, in all seriousness, you are a troll. You don't make serious arguments, or at least anything that can be construed as one, and you hang around a thread concerning a character you don't like just to piss people off. I hope you get some joy out of that, because I'd hate to think that you wasted your time on something so childish if you didn't.

But I'm done here. Post all the shit you want, post all of the insults you want. I'm sure the moment R+L=J is confirmed, you won't be anywhere to be seen, anyway. But it's not as if you had anything worth reading to start with.

I thought it was really simple. The Rubies represent Rhaegars Blood. Each Ruby found represents one of his direct blood relatives. That are widely known about. (Hardly anyone knows about all the stillbirths and what not, hence why they aren't mentioned once in the main series)

Aerys - Father - 1

Rhaella - Mother - 2

Viserys - Brother - 3

Daenerys - Sister - 4

Rhaenys - Daughter - 5

Aegon - Son - 6

6 have been found, we are waiting on the 7th.

Jon - Son - 7

I may be late to the party, but I'll throw in my suggestion. The seven rubies are for the Seven of the Faith. Maid, Mother, Crone, Father, Smith, Warrior. The last ruby, the one that is awaited, is the Stranger. The unknown, death, the shadow with stars for eyes.

"You ride like a northman, milady," Harwin said when he'd drawn them to a halt. "Your aunt was the same. Lady Lyanna. But my father was master of horse, remember."

*ahem*

You ride like a northmen

MEANING: Northmen ride very well.

Lady Lyanna was the same

MEANING: Lyanna rides as well as northmen

sit a horse as well as anyone

Meaning: Jon Snow rides as well as the rest of the Northmen AND as well as Lady Lyanna who rides as well as a Northman

Lyanna and Jon Snow ride a horse with the same skill.

I'm more interested in how Jon will find out thew truth, and how he will react to the news.

I really want to see that, too. I really wonder what it will be like, and what his immediate reaction be be like. It will be the biggest shock of his life, and that's really saying something after all that's happened to him.

OK, it's totally random, but I have to ask.

In Jon I, aGoT, he claims he is better than Robb with a sword, but Robb is the better lance. In this case, does Jon mean Robb is better at jousting? I might be confused because lance and spear, in my language, are the same word, and while one can fight with a spear on foot, I'm not sure if the same applies to lances...

The reason I'm curious is because, as Jaime noted, jousting is 3/4 horsemanship, so maybe Jon's statement implies Robb is the better rider. And I was hoping Jon had taken a little bit more after Lyanna (besides his looks).

Yes. Robb is the better jouster and if Jaime's words are true, the better rider. Jon is the better swordsman.

I may be late to the party, but I'll throw in my suggestion. The seven rubies are for the Seven of the Faith. Maid, Mother, Crone, Father, Smith, Warrior. The last ruby, the one that is awaited, is the Stranger. The unknown, death, the shadow with stars for eyes.

“One day, Bran, you will be Robb’s bannerman, holding a keep of your own for your brother and your king, and justice will fall to you. When that day comes, you must take no pleasure in the task, but neither must you look away. A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is.”

That was when Jon reappeared on the crest of the hill before them.

Death, thought Melisandre. The skulls are death.

...Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. But the skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him. Melisandre had seen his danger before, had tried to warn the boy of it. Enemies all around him, daggers in the dark. He would not listen.

Unbelievers never listened until it was too late.

“What do you see, my lady?” the boy asked, softly.

Skulls. A thousand skulls, and the bastard boy again. Jon Snow.

For the rest of his life—however long that might be—he would be condemned to be an outsider, the silent man standing in the shadows who dares not speak his true name.

Yes. Robb is the better jouster and if Jaime's words are true, the better rider. Jon is the better swordsman.

No. He doesn't say that he's a good jouster. He said that he's better with a lance. Skill with a lance is not the same as being skilled at joust. They are completely different.

You simply cannot infer that Robb is a better rider than Jon from this statement. Without some statement as to how well Robb sat a horse, you cannot determine whether or not Robb was better, worse or equal to Jon in horsemanship. We only have a definitive statement that Jon rode as well as anyone in Winterfell. Unless there is evidence that Robb was better than that, then your conclusion is wrong.

Oh stop with the bullshit insults. You're not even good at them.

Jon was repeating what the fucking Master of Horse said. How about you learn how to fucking read already?

"Hullen says (THE MASTER OF HORSE) I sit a horse as well as anyone in the castle."

When the fucking Master of Horse says that you can ride as well as ANYONE IN WINTERFELL, it means you can ride as well as ANYONE IN WINTERFELL. ANYONE. That's the meaning of "ANYONE".

But, in all seriousness, you are a troll. You don't make serious arguments, or at least anything that can be construed as one, and you hang around a thread concerning a character you don't like just to piss people off. I hope you get some joy out of that, because I'd hate to think that you wasted your time on something so childish if you didn't.

But I'm done here. Post all the shit you want, post all of the insults you want. I'm sure the moment R+L=J is confirmed, you won't be anywhere to be seen, anyway. But it's not as if you had anything worth reading to start with.

Yup, completely ignoring the part where Arya says it's not fair that it's Harwin chasing her (as if he has an advantage over any other rider), as well as completely ignoring Harwin saying that there is a difference between how well a northman can ride, and how well he and his father can ride. But yup, Jon's definitely was as good as Harwin and Hullen.

Sweet Jesus. What do Harwin and Hullen matter?? This has *zero* to do with proving or disproving RLJ.

Children are not exact replicas of their parents. If they are not as skilled as a parent in one area, it means jack squat. So who CARES about these tiny minutia of difference with Harwin and Hullen???? Lyanna was a very good horse rider. Jon is at least as good as would be expected of a northman.

ALL black or partly black or some black?

Because that is what REALLY makes the difference.

She had a red mane. And barding made of ice. She was a shining lesson to the world too, but that only refers to the workmanship of her horseshoes.

She had a red mane. And barding made of ice. She was a shining lesson to the world too, but that only refers to the workmanship of her horseshoes.

Was the horse good at horsemanship?

No. He doesn't say that he's a good jouster. He said that he's better with a lance. Skill with a lance is not the same as being skilled at joust. They are completely different.

You have to pay attention, ADWF. In the RLJ threads, "lance" is often read as code for "penis." So Jon appears to be conceding the fact that Robb was the "stronger penis. " The problem of course, is that "sword" is also code for penis. So Jon is claiming to be the "better penis."

These statements might appear to offset one another. But of course, the reason Jon brings these things up (ahem) is that he wants to join the Night's Watch. The NW is a bit of sausage party, it turns out - so the penis comparison could be relevant. And while there are no women in the NW, there are horses. So the ability to, uh, "sit a horse" might be a selling point, I suppose. I'm not really sure.

The point, however, is that all of this naturally supports R+L=J. Because, as you know, Rhaegar's prowess with a "lance" was unquestioned... though strangely, he rarely joined the lusts lists. Regardless, the fact remains that Rhaegar and Jon resemble each other insofar as they each had a penis, and clearly both knew how to "sit a horse."

And that's just one more proof drawn from the mountain of evidence supporting the theory... that R+L=J.

Good question. I think Ned arrived with Baby Boy Jon (and Starfall servants) in tow and had some 'splaining to do. I think he confided in Ashara and gave her Arthur's sword; Ashara swears to never tell and loyalty to the house (and fear of death) prompts the servants to keep that secret. Darkstar interests me and if he knows anything--there is always speculation that he saw or heard something. I think GRRM has kept them out of the fray for a reason.

Can the Doran comment about DS being dangerous refer to said secret?

It's not just in these threads. In the books too. Brandon's sword, for instance, is a metaphor for his penis, which is funny because Bran (or Rickon) has now his uncle's phallic symbol. But it's likely Bran because he's the one with the not functional sword that can't be a knight because his legs doesn't work. Neither his penis. Nor his sword.

Archived