Trial by Seven Face-off: Stannis vs. Robb: Who wins?

Floki of the Ironborn

Storm vs Smalljon. Smalljon's size is a plus, but Strom is a veteran killer. A good showing and the Northman goes down.

How is a Storm anymore of a veteran killer then SmallJon?  If anything SmallJon has fought in more battles in Storm.

How is a Storm anymore of a veteran killer then SmallJon?  If anything SmallJon has fought in more battles in Storm.

I'd say a man who could hold the rear guard of Stannis' fleeing forces against the full might of Tywin and the Tyrells could hold his own against the Smalljon.

Stannis vs Robb. Robb dies quickly.

Morrigen vs Greatjon. Greatjon dies quickly and I don't care if he has the ugliest greatsword Robb has ever seen, Morrigen is a renowned knight in his prime and the Greatjon is a cartoonish barbarian.

Horpe vs Mallister. Mallister gives a good showing, but is middle aged and Horpe is the goddamn Slayer.

Storm vs Smalljon. Smalljon's size is a plus, but Strom is a veteran killer. A good showing and the Northman goes down.

Caron vs Manderly. Mandely barely sits a horse, it is safe to say his skill not being mentioned as far above average wins him the same end as the previouse Northmen.

Estermont vs Flint. Estermont has youth. Neither of the two is especially note-worthy. Estermonts takes this by default.

Fossoway vs Frey. Neither is note-worthy. Toss up or Frey's relative youth wins him this first and only Northern victory. The other six foes make short work of him if he does, though.

If Stannis has Suggs, Farring and Massey he crushes the Northmen without a loss. The Greatjon's hype is void of actual substance.

This post x10000 Thank You

Glad someone has it right and actually knows the characters that are being posted about. And yep as you said the Giant slayer and Suggs the flying pig are both bad ass as well

Rolland Storm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not even really that close. You need to back and look things over it seems

Side note: One of the things I love about Storm is how he prays. With the faith of the 7 he only prays to the warrior. Guy is metal as hell

Rolland Storm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not even really that close. You need to back and look things over it seems

Side note: One of the things I love about Storm is how he prays. With the faith of the 7 he only prays to the warrior. Guy is metal as hell

How is Storm greater then everyone?  The man has been in a total of a single battle nor has any mentioned tournament wins or other achievements.  When Loras challenges him to a duel he refuses likely because he knows he would be beat.

How is Storm greater then everyone?  The man has been in a total of a single battle nor has any mentioned tournament wins or other achievements.  When Loras challenges him to a duel he refuses likely because he knows he would be beat.

Loras most likely was never even at Dragon Stone. That is pretty obvious. Obvious that Loras made that story up (and added that he was injured) to make Cersei happy so he could go to the reach and his homeland to stop the iron born raids. He was begging her to let him go there first and instead. He hates Cersei and most likely went and did as he wanted.

Now if he did go why would Storm take a single combat deal? He is the one with the damn castle so why lower the position. Just cause he is a great warrior doesnt mean he is an idiot.

Also I never even said he was better then Loras or "everyone" so not sure where you got that from. I quoted the post and did the >>>>>> referring to smalljon

As far as being mentioned and stuff like that, Cersei considers him "a seasoned killer" and thats another reason she wanted Loras to go to Dragon Stone, she was pretty sure Storm would kill him. Whether he would or not can be debated but he is known throughout the kingdoms 

Robb Stark, Greatjon Umber Smalljon Umber, Jason Mallister, Wendel Manderly, Robbin Flint, Perwyn Frey

Vs

Stannis Baratheon, Guyard Morrigen, Richard Horpe, Roland Storm, Bryce Carron, Andrew Estermont, Jon Fossoway

Greatjon kills Stannis

Smalljon kills Guyard the green

Mallister kills Storm

Carron kills Manderly

Estermont kills Frey

Robb kills Fossoway

Carron and Estermont fall quickly fall to the Umbers and Mallister

Stannis kills Robb,he has experience on his side,and is not that old yet

Horpe absolutely slaugthers Smalljon, that guy is called the slayer,and not for a joke!

Morrigen ties Greatjon up some time,might win,might lose,depends and the day.

Storm fucks Mallister,he is the kind of fighter that would make Prime Bob think twice about fighting him.

Carron easily downs Manderly

don't know about the rest.

Robb's team if only for the Umbers and Mallister.

Also Rolland Storm is being overrated as hell, he's killed no one of reputation and fought in fewer battles than any of Robb's men but he is for some reason being regarded as this seasoned bad ass who could slaughter men bigger and more experienced than him just cause.

This is all really a nice theory. But there would and could never be a Trial of Seven between Robb and Stannis.

The Trial of Seven is linked to the Faith of the Seven and is an Andal tradition, which neither Robb nor Stannis believes in.

Robb is of the old Gods (a lot more then just 7), whereas Stannis is a believer of R'hllor.

There we go, discussion ended :cool4:.

Besides, even if we did do this, Mel would simply cast a shadow baby (since there is only 1 true god) and have it enter the melee in stealth mode.

No way that a shadow would quickly be seen in the chaos of 14 men fighting each other? I even wonder if the GreatJon could stand up to the shadow.

Stannis kills Robb,he has experience on his side,and is not that old yet
Horpe absolutely slaugthers Smalljon, that guy is called the slayer,and not for a joke!
Morrigen ties Greatjon up some time,might win,might lose,depends and the day.
Storm fucks Mallister,he is the kind of fighter that would make Prime Bob think twice about fighting him.
Carron easily downs Manderly
 don't know about the rest.

Stannis leads from the rear - Robb from the front. Robb has youth on his side and he is a veteran where he fought against Lannister knights on the frontlines. This match could go either way.

Horpe slaughters SmallJon?? What have you been smoking?? SmallJon is supposed to be almost bigger than the GreatJon. He has been trained since birth to fight and is also a veteran. Strength and Reach go to SmallJon. What feats does Horpe have that show he can take on a guy like the SmallJon?? A nickname??

Morrigen stands no chance against the GreatJon - a guy that even Jaime considers to be a danger.

Roland Storm held Stannis' rearguard - proving he's a good commander. Now tell me where has he proved his fighting skills. Mallister is a well known tourney knight and a veteran of 2 wars against a guy who has just fought one battle.

And I have no idea why Manderly and Perwyn are in Robb's team. Unless ofcourse Robb feels that his team is going to embarrass Stannis' and he feels sorry for them. Put in the Blackfish and Black Walder Frey and Stannis' team will probably be pissing their pants.

By the way guys Black Walder is considered ruthless it doesn't make him one of the best fighters in Robb's army. The Best Frey fighter/warrior is Ser Hosteen Frey!!!! I have nothing against Black Walder i recon he would make things interesting for us Stark fans when he and Edwyn Frey square up against each other.

Great Jon, Small Jon, Lord Jason Mallister, Ser Brynden, Robin Flint, Lucas Blackwood, Ser Marq Piper would be the ones i would go with they are all Loyal to Robb, Small Jon, Lucas Blackwood and Robin Flint all died for their King in the Red Wedding!!!! Well you could even put Owen Norrey and Ser Donnel Locke in that list. We simple don't know much  about all these men to determine who amongst them are fighters with great skill.

We know only about Great Jon through Jamie's POV, and about Ser Hosteen as he is considered the best of the Freys. The rest is mere speculation on our part. 

By the way guys Black Walder is considered ruthless it doesn't make him one of the best fighters in Robb's army. The Best Frey fighter/warrior is Ser Hosteen Frey!!!!

The Blackfish certainly considers him noteworthy.

"There is a quicker way to decide the matter. A single combat. My champion against yours."

"I was wondering when you would get to that." Ser Brynden laughed. "Who will it be? Strongboar? Addam Marbrand? Black Walder Frey?" He leaned forward. "Why not you and me, ser?"

I'm not sure who is the better out of him and Hosteen, you could probably make arguments to include them both in Robb's 7.

In this hypothetical showdown, Stannis and Robb are going head-to-head in a trial by seven. They've both got six of their best warriors fighting for them in this battle royale.

Assuming we're going by ACOK in terms of canon, Stannis and Robb are both at their peak in terms of warriors to choose from. So this is the line-up:

Team Baratheon
Stannis Baratheon

Guyard Morrigan

Richard Horpe

Rolland Storm

Bryce Caron

Andrew Estremont

Jon Fossoway

Team Stark

Robb Stark

Greatjon Umber

Jason Mallister

Smalljon Umber

Wendel Manderly

Robin Flint
Perwyn Frey

Who wins?

Stannis wins on the grounds of having 4 really good warriors: Horpe, Caron, Storm and Morrigan, vs Robb's three; the Umbers and Jason Mallister.

If you gave Robb Hosteen Frey, Black Walder, and Blackfish, instead of Manderly, Flint and Perwyn, then I don't know if Stannis can field 7 who will give him the upper hand.

If Stannis had Gondry and maybe Clayton Suggs instead of Fossoway and Estermont then he would fare better, but I don't think this would defeat the best Robb could field.

The problem with Robb is that we don't actually hear about any feats of arms of any northmen, the only times we are told a specific northmen did something of note in battle was Greatjon setting Jaime's siege tower on fire and Karstark skewering Stafford Lannister, neither of which require much skill in arms.

The Blackfish certainly considers him noteworthy.

"There is a quicker way to decide the matter. A single combat. My champion against yours."

"I was wondering when you would get to that." Ser Brynden laughed. "Who will it be? Strongboar? Addam Marbrand? Black Walder Frey?" He leaned forward. "Why not you and me, ser?"

I'm not sure who is the better out of him and Hosteen, you could probably make arguments to include them both in Robb's 7.

Jaime knows Walder's descendents fairly well, he thinks Hosteen is the best so I take his word for it.

Why would he agree to single combat? Blackfish wouldn't fight crippled Jaime because he has nothing to gain, the same applies here. Either Storm has specific orders not to give single combat or he is smart enough to know it isn't worth the risk.

Archived