Trial by Seven Face-off: Stannis vs. Robb: Who wins?

Floki of the Ironborn

The Umbers are the only ones of any renown on Robb's side, and they're easily countered by shouting out some basic math at the beginning of the fight.

to be honest, in this scenario robb is picking the best from two whole regions, when Stannis has the half of one.

For example, Balon Swann, Barristan and Brianne are stormlanders.

Logic dictates that all robbs lineups should be better.

Anyone else see the irony of a group of old god worshipers fighting a group of R'hlor worshipers by a form of combat sanctioned by the Seven?

I was going to say the same, but to be fair, half of the fighters or even more worship the seven.

storm, estermont, mallister, morrigen, frey, Caron, Fosseway and Manderly.

they are 7. lol.

Anyone else see the irony of a group of old god worshipers fighting a group of R'hlor worshipers by a form of combat sanctioned by the Seven?

I had the same thought - neither Robb not Stannis would do a Trial by Seven, but if they did, I'd pick Robb's side.

I assume Perwyn was picked over Black Walder and the other Freys because Perwyn was actually loyal to Robb, whereas someone like Black Walder would have no qualms switching sides if things went sideways.

I would probably swap Blackfish for Manderly. Jaime hero worshipped Blackfish as a child and was reluctant to face him as an adult (one-handed adult granted, but still).

Now, the really interesting scenario would be a fight between Stannis and his six, Robb and his six, and Renly and six of his Rainbow Guard. Of course this would decimate Stannis's current group, since his first two are Rainbow Guard, and I don't know enough about the rest of his men to propose replacements. But that would be the melee to end all melees.

ETA: Mel has to stay out of it, or be named as one of Stannis's Seven and be a physical participant. No shadowbabies allowed.

Too many unknowns on Robb's side. Why not replace Manderly, Flint and Frey with Blackfish, Howland Reed and one of the bear ladies? That would be a colourful and effective lineup.

Save Manderly for the pie-eating contest.

While we're on the subject, though - does anyone want to consider Co7 teams for the other contenders?

TEAM DORAN

Oberyn Martell

Areo Hotah

Obara Sand

Nymeria Sand

Darkstar

Archibald Ironwood

Gerris Drinkwater

TEAM TOMMEN

This would be the current Kingsguard. Kettleblack and Blount are weak links, Trant is a creep but apparently at least competent in a fight, Jaime is near useless with his left hand but this is not yet commonly known (so he might be able to cow an opponent into caution and at least buy some time) - that leaves Ser Balon Swann (highly capable), Ser Loras Tyrell (one of the top fighters in the realm), and...the real wild card, Ser Robert Strong. We honestly don't know enough about his capabilities and possible weaknesses. He could be utterly invincible, or perhaps Qyburn's designs include a small thermal exhaust port located just below the main port.

TEAM DAENERYS

Ser Barristan Selmy

Strong Belwas

Daario Naharis

Grey Worm

Aggo

Jhogo

Rakharo

Even if the bloodriders have to fight unmounted, I'd back this team against Robb's or Stannis'. Could they take Team Tommen? If one of the nimbler members kept Ser Robert preoccupied, they'd butcher the rest of the Kingsguard and then I suspect the survivors could just pigpile onto Ser Robert and just start prying off armour and hacking off bits until he eventually stops twitching.

just want to point out richard horpe is being overrated here

stannis thinks of himself as enough bodyguard, and he seams dedly.

in fact, no group besides de ironborn get de level of badassery as stannis gang.

everything around him becames tought as hell. Rolland storm with a fierce feith in the warrior challanges loras against impossible odds, morrigen put his lifes in a battle already lost, scuggs being and ashole, get out his sword to protect asha and ask her to warn de king, ready to face a mounted force by himself, all the other guys join him in two of the hardest marchs in all the series, up to the wall, and then to WF. Even asha starts to show respect for the king (theres an awsome quote on how she feels his men believe in him) and she is even willing to fight for him, and Jon starts to respect him.

Even a softie as massey thinks his duty is to fight for his king insted to go to essos.

We also have 200 poor guys helding storms end against impossible odds. And lets not even talk about davos.

I mean, mostly are dumbasses, But they are tought as hell, resisted all kinds of crapp as the forces of no one else did, and are still behind the king. Even as the florent who spits Joffreys pardon in front of his face.

Every thing around stann becase hard as iron.

Why doesn't Robb's lineup include his best fighters?? Why is Manderly and Perwyn included but Black Walder and Tytos/BlackFish/Mormont ladies kept out??

Realistically Robb's lineup includes

Robb

GreatJon

SmallJon

Jason Mallister

Black Walder Frey

Tytos BlackWood

BlackFish

And with this he destroys Stannis. Even with the current lineup he has a slight upper hand - mainly due to GreatJon, SmallJon and Mallister

Can we swap someone that is not Greatjon (maybe Wendel or Perwyn Frey? They're both decent men but don't remember them being exceptional fighters) for Grey Wind? A direwolf is a champion of House Stark :p

Robb wins either way.

Isn't Hosteen Frey supposed to be the best Frey fighter? Why isn't he getting voted for?

From what we know I'd have to go for Team Robb, but we don't know enough about Stannis' fighters. Team Balon would be pretty tough- Andrik, Nute, Victarian, Theon, Dagmer, Qarl the Maid and Black Lorren.

Team Baratheon

Stannis Baratheon

Guyard Morrigan

Richard Horpe

Rolland Storm

Clayton Suggs

Justin Massey

Godry Farring

This list is a bit more fair on Stan...

Why are you including Justin Massey to give Stannis more of an advantage? Stannis (SPOILERS) himself says in the preview chapter of WoW that he has five hundred swords that are just as good as Massey or better.

Archived