Football XXXVI - Transfers and transfer rumours, people!

baxus

Aguero is absolutely boss and everything, but if I was picking one for my team it would be Sanchez. I was annoyed when we got Di Maria when Sanchez was available, and although that was briefly alleviated when ADM was fantastic in the midfield position, it's even more of a baffler now that LVG seems insistent on playing Di Maria up front.

Id take Hazard over Sanchez but yeah the Suarez comparison is sound though Suarez is still a little better imo.

Why?

Sanchez has more goals scored, key passes, chances created, assists, tackles, interceptions, shot accuracy. I guess Hazard has age but at least this season, having a hard time seeing what Hazard is better than Sanchez at other than taking on defenders.

ETA: Maybe maintaining possession as well for Hazard. Sanchez does give the ball away more.

I reckon Hazard is more talented than Sanchez but at this stage Sanchez is a better player because he's on all the time - a constant threat in virtually every game he plays- whereas Hazard has only shown that in a few games so far, he usually goes missing for at least some of it. But he is still constantly improving and he's a couple of years younger. I think he'll prove better come the end of their careers.

I mean they are both amazing players id just rather have Hazard. Sanchez numbers are amazing no doubt. Hazard luckily has had a team full of good form for the most part so he hasn't had to do much heavy lifting like Sanchez has.

You could look at the stats and see that Costa scored with an assist from Oscar but like as not Hazard did something to set that goal up, dude is a magician.

I reckon Hazard is more talented than Sanchez but at this stage Sanchez is a better player because he's on all the time - a constant threat in virtually every game he plays- whereas Hazard has only shown that in a few games so far, he usually goes missing for at least some of it. But he is still constantly improving and he's a couple of years younger. I think he'll prove better come the end of their careers.

The reason Sanchez is a constant threat is because of his work rate. Hazard can produce more magic but I'm not so sure he'll ever be as consistently influential simply due to Sanchez never turning off.

But fair enough. Some of the things I've seen Hazard do are absolutely insane.

The reason Sanchez is a constant threat is because of his work rate. Hazard can produce more magic but I'm not so sure he'll ever be as consistently influential simply due to Sanchez never turning off.

He'll never work as hard as Sanchez, obviously, but as he learns to apply his energies more intelligently he'll be more of a constant threat. The Hazard that destroyed City last season is a better player than Sanchez I reckon, he just doesn't turn up all the time yet.

The same used to be true of Aguero. I remember when he was at Atletico, whenever I watched him he'd spend the majority of the time of most games barely visible, then turn up for 2 minutes and win the game by himself. He's still not as hard a worker as a Sanchez or a Suarez but nowadays he knows when and where to run for best effect and thus he's always a threat. This is a skill that Hazard is visibly learning, to my eye.

Archived