R+L=J v.131

BearQueen87

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109935-book-spoilers-rlj-and-other-theories-on-hbo-v2/page-15

lets discuss here

Yeah that was awesome, but the Jon thing seemed like something more relevant to this thread. It really does seem like they may have cut Aegon...

Edit: The more I think about it I'm sure they're just giving Aegon the Reed treatment by delaying his appearance a season. My previous conclusion was based on the idea that Varys was being totally genuine when talking to Tyrion...

Yeah that was awesome, but the Jon thing seemed like something more relevant to this thread. It really does seem like they may have cut Aegon...

Edit: The more I think about it I'm sure they're just giving Aegon the Reed treatment by delaying his appearance a season. My previous conclusion was based on the idea that Varys was being totally genuine when talking to Tyrion...

I think what really got me was the long shot of Jon with the music in the background saying "We can be heroes".

That will only help cement him as a hero, imo.

Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head. But a voice inside her whispered, There are no heroes

Sansa agrees.

I think what really got me was the long shot of Jon with the music in the background saying "We can be heroes".

... "just for one day" ...

*cuts Janos' head*

to the music of Bowy the Bard.

Next time I read Jon's final chapter in Dance, I'll play Heroes as bg music :lol:

Yay!

good call. maybe Ill read some on my phone right now with David Bowie on headphones. Squeal!!!!

Girls got culture ;)

Oh really? Care to provide this overwhelming list of clues?

I am going to give a quick list of information that suggests that Jon is critical to the endgame. I am sure there are more I am not thinking of off the top of my head.

The OP to this thread lays out why most people think Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. We know that there is a three-headed dragon prophesy, and part of the prophesy is that the Prince that was Promised has a song--A Song of Ice and Fire. As the son of R&L, Jon is a Son(g) of Ice (Lyanna) and Fire (Rhaegar), personified. I think the series makes clear that TPTWP is critical to winning the Battle for the Dawn 2.0. So if Jon is TPTWP, he is part of the endgame, and his parentage makes it quite likely he is TPTWP (or at a minimum, one of the three heads of the dragon).

Also, one of the biggest stated mysteries in the book is who is Jon's mother? What is the point of the mystery if the answer is only disclosed after Jon is dead? And GRRM has stated that Jon will find out his parentage. Dead people cannot find out anything.

Others in this thread have pointed out that if you read the language of the text closely, the "death" of Jon is not written like the other parts of the story in which a real death occurred. I cannot remember all the details, but basically, we never really see him die, and he appears to be watching the action at the end (possibly from within Ghost's body).

Without Jon is the North, who is left as a major character in the North? Jon really is the focus of the action in the North. The Others are coming from the other side of the Wall. If Jon is really dead, how can this action really carry forward?

Again, I am sure that is more evidence. But Jon is one of the big three characters--and arguably the biggest character in the book. He makes it to the end (or at least to very near the end).

I am going to give a quick list of information that suggests that Jon is critical to the endgame. I am sure there are more I am not thinking of off the top of my head.

The OP to this thread lays out why most people think Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. We know that there is a three-headed dragon prophesy, and part of the prophesy is that the Prince that was Promised has a song--A Song of Ice and Fire. As the son of R&L, Jon is a Son(g) of Ice (Lyanna) and Fire (Rhaegar), personified. I think the series makes clear that TPTWP is critical to winning the Battle for the Dawn 2.0. So if Jon is TPTWP, he is part of the endgame, and his parentage makes it quite likely he is TPTWP (or at a minimum, one of the three heads of the dragon).

Part of the prophecy is not that they have a song. Rhaegar simply said Aegon has a song called the song of ice and fire. Seeing as Aegon, who has no ice in him whatsoever was capable of being part of the song of ice and fire, I have no idea how people continuously come to the idea that it has anything to do with your parentage. It clearly has nothing to do with it according to Rhaegar, it's simply a description of what you will do in life.

Also, one of the biggest stated mysteries in the book is who is Jon's mother? What is the point of the mystery if the answer is only disclosed after Jon is dead? And GRRM has stated that Jon will find out his parentage. Dead people cannot find out anything.

That is not one of the biggest mysteries. No one in the story gives a shit who his mother is. It's simply fans who care. To the books it's meant absolutely nothing.

Others in this thread have pointed out that if you read the language of the text closely, the "death" of Jon is not written like the other parts of the story in which a real death occurred. I cannot remember all the details, but basically, we never really see him die, and he appears to be watching the action at the end (possibly from within Ghost's body).

Actually if you read it very closely, it's clear that he did die. When wargs die, they feel cold and then begin their next life according to Varamyr's prologue. Jon's last sensation is cold. So Jon died, and is now in Ghost.

Without Jon is the North, who is left as a major character in the North? Jon really is the focus of the action in the North. The Others are coming from the other side of the Wall. If Jon is really dead, how can this action really carry forward?

Hmmm Stannis, Mel, Bran, Davos, Rickon, Theon, Asha, etc? There's plenty of characters in the north.

Again, I am sure that is more evidence. But Jon is one of the big three characters--and arguably the biggest character in the book. He makes it to the end (or at least to very near the end).

Many would say that lasting 5/7 books, or 71% of the story, is making it very far.

Archived