Waterstones: HarperCollinsUK Letter

Red Wedding Cake

That is so sad. And totally pathetic if you don't mind me saying so.

It is. Luckily, congress didn't accept the resignation and sacked him instead.

But is still funny... Imagine your country is in deep political crisis with hundreds of protests and evidence of corruption, and your president, who has left the country for a "conference" in Asia sends a fax from Japan saying (kinda) "oops... things go out of my hands... bye suckers!".

It is. Luckily, congress didn't accept the resignation and sacked him instead.

But is still funny... Imagine your country is in deep political crisis with hundreds of protests and evidence of corruption, and your president, who has left the country for a "conference" in Asia sends a fax from Japan saying (kinda) "oops... things go out of my hands... bye suckers!".

That was Alberto Fujimoti, wasn't it? Gods what a looser.

Everyone uses fax machines, it's not just you :)

It's just surprising that he would send a letter via fax rather than email.

I am just shocked at the anti-faxism on this board. Poor fax machines. What did they ever do to anybody?

And by the way, fax machines are still used a lot in the US to file legal documents.

Suddenly, the series is resembling your average generic fantasy.

Only if what's in those three pages was all there was ever going to be to it. When you're pitching a novel (or series) you want to emphasize how it's similar to things that have sold in the past, and only list minor differences. Agents and publishers want books they know they can sell. New and different = risky and publishers don't like risky.

My worry after seeing the letter is that the pacing of the series means he can't finish in two books, unless he really speeds things up from his AFFC/ADwD level of detail.

Not sure how well this can be resolved, and it's why I have been wondering if he'll take on a collaborator or two. Of course, he may not want to do that, since this is his series, and his "baby," so to speak...

Anyway, there are so many loose threads, and only two books left to tie them up in.

I think his "baby" has turned into his "still-lives-at-home 40 year old adult child."

Archived