Waterstones: HarperCollinsUK Letter

Red Wedding Cake

It occurred to me, and maybe somebody already said this, but if Sansa gave Birth to a son for Joffery and then Jaime killed all those in line for the throne that would include Sansa's child and / or maybe Sansa.

So there is a good chance Sansa died in the first book?

Well Sansa herself wouldn't be in line for the throne. But then neither would Jamie really. Still I'd say Jamie wouldn't have to kill her, since she's a woman and a member of an attained family. Really the only way Jamie could have made that plan work was by backing it up with an army/political support.

If you find a shred of a shadow of a hint that this match was anything but what Sansa dreamed of, do share.

Sansa was a child. They indoctrinated those dreams into her, with their fairy tales and songs of chivalry, and their explicit expectations for her inevitable 'career' as a broodmare for the Starks. I'm not saying she was smart to swallow it! Arya didn't. But then, Arya wasn't the 'pretty' one; I don't think they expected to get quite as much for her on the market.

She probably learned as much useful information from Sandor in just a few drunken rants than she did from Ned her entire life, because he sheltered her from the truth; Sandor let her have it.

Well Sansa herself wouldn't be in line for the throne. But then neither would Jamie really. Still I'd say Jamie wouldn't have to kill her, since she's a woman and a member of an attained family. Really the only way Jamie could have made that plan work was by backing it up with an army/political support.

True, but whats the chance she just stands by and lets Jaime kill her child? Sanas's child would be first in line for the Throne, my guess is he killed both while the child was in her arms.

It is also possible that the blacked out portion is about Aegon. It is about the second book, which was to be called A Dance With Dragons. But so far as this proposal is concerned, there is only one dragon -- Dany. He needs another dragon to dance with her. It can't be Jon, because even if he was planning R+L=J at this point (which I think he was not), Jon's parentage would not be revealed until the next book.

My money is on the blacked out part being about Aegon coming along and Dany coming into conflict with him.

Yup, that's possible. Especially since he wrote "but that's the second book" below that blacked out part, and the 2nd book is about the dance

True, but whats the chance she just stands by and lets Jaime kill her child? Sanas's child would be first in line for the Throne, my guess is he killed both while the child was in her arms.

Could be. But then for example the surviving members of the Black faction let Alicent live after the Dance, and Sansa may still have some value as a prisoner in this scenario.

I'd say that watching Jaime kill her kid would have provided the regretful element. I think that must have been the plot he had in mind.

Exactly. He's riding for a fall, it seems to me, because they raised him to be overconfident despite all their helicopter parenting. He's green, and as I said elsewhere, Jaime could take him one-handed.

Yeah, the way he was presented so far (until end of ADWD) make it sound like he's one of those characters doomed on their quest (like Quentyn and Victarion), especially how he was overconfident in leading the attack himself. I was quite surprised when it was revealed in the preview chapters that he actually succeeded.

Each fandom gets weird, but at least Sansa is a good person out those three. :P

Well I think the robb fans are a lovely bunch of people, if growing smaller every year...

But agreed. Sansa is one of my favourite characters, always had been in the last four books and part of Game

It seems to me that the Starks as a political threat were already supposed to be out of the way when Evil Jaime killed everyone between himself and the Iron Throne. In such a scenario, Sansa would have had no longer value as a hostage, and if she had committed herself fully to the Lannister cause by then, she could actually have held some power or been a rival claimant to the throne.

No idea how in this scenario Jaime has a claim anyway - possibly this is because George did not yet realize that the queen's family does not exactly have a claim to the throne. For the royal House, the Baratheons are awfully underdeveloped in AGoT, and remain so to this day, as they are pretty much extinct...

The Stormlands only seem to come to the fore now, with Aegon.

I would have loved to see book 1 ending with people finding King Jaime comfortably sat on the Iron Throne after killing the last legitimate heir.

I think people finding unJaime comfortably sat on the Iron Throne after killing the last "legitimate" heir as book 6 ending would be even better.

And he can have new arm, burned or something like Victorion :)

Sansa was a child. They indoctrinated those dreams into her, with their fairy tales and songs of chivalry, and their explicit expectations for her inevitable 'career' as a broodmare for the Starks. I'm not saying she was smart to swallow it! Arya didn't. But then, Arya wasn't the 'pretty' one; I don't think they expected to get quite as much for her on the market.

She probably learned as much useful information from Sandor in just a few drunken rants than she did from Ned her entire life, because he sheltered her from the truth; Sandor let her have it.

Who is they? Sansa was initially portrayed as shallow, someone who was superficial and naive. And if you want to blame an adult for Sansa getting engaged to Joffrey, blame Catelyn not Ned. Ned had reservations about the match and it was Cat who pushed for it and convinced him.

Archived