Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

I can see Aegon, Euron, Victarion, Moqorro, all Meereenese characters, all northern lords, all the Oldtown cast and LSH all cut. Unfortunately D&D want to finish the story, period. I understand their reasons, but ASOIAF as a book series deserves more than just 7 seasons, that's for sure. Anyway, I believe D&D will try to introduce very few characters at this point, converge a lot of storylines, and keep all the new/returning crew of books 4 and 5 out. I also believe we might not see the BwB ever again.

So you mean they won't cast anyone major for Season 6?

Season 7 is the only season without new casting I think, since by then all the major players are set up. Season 6 there is still a chance for some characters to be casted.

I hope so Kyrion, thousands of actors all around the world are waiting every year at that same period of time the opportunity to submit themselves for a part in the show,

i hope season 6 will have many new characters, probably not all major ones, but like we say "there is no small parts, only small actors".

I'm hoping we'll still see Yellow Dick and the Squishers....

I wonder who'd make for a good yellow Dick

In all seriousness bough I'm hoping for some Weir Tree flashbacks featuring Ned Stark, Lyanna Stark, Rhaegar ( did someone say wedding in front of a Heart Tree?)and hopefully Howland Reed makes an appearance

Fans would love to see Sean Bean back, plus the fundamental characters behind the rebellion need a visual cue, otherwise they are just abstract concepts as far as TV show viewers are concerned

They've already left too much out, but of course they make an exception for Cersei over a Prophecy that isn't absolutely necessary, eg she had reason enough to hate Tyrion for Joanna death during birth and enough need to be suspicious of Marge and Tyrells because she is power hungry and full of herself which works, unlike no flashbacks of Tysha...

Returning:

Greatjon umber

Rickon Stark

Osha

Blackfish

Walder Frey

Edmure Tully

Roselin Frey

Thoros of myr

Anguy

Good list.

Don't forget Bran, Hodor and Meera

Seems that in order to get them back in they'd have to totally ignore the Dornish characters.

They will leave out Oldtown altogether.

This is where it starts to make sense to have Jaimie do his Riverlands bit in s6, and Brienne + Pod can make their way down with Sansa and perhaps even Theon from Winterfell and all can meet up in the Riverlands and they'll wrap it all up

Dont know about Brienne and Sansa leaving North. Remember Stannis is coming , and he will not let Brienne take Sansa. But i do belive Jaime will be in Riverlands and he will clash with Blackfish who is taking LSH place.

I think most of the Dornish will be in KL next season , i think Tommen dies this season and then Myrcella will be Queen.

I hope Balon dies this season too , so we can get Euron.

I hope so Kyrion, thousands of actors all around the world are waiting every year at that same period of time the opportunity to submit themselves for a part in the show,

i hope season 6 will have many new characters, probably not all major ones, but like we say "there is no small parts, only small actors".

They'll come. ;)

My opinion is that because of some storylines missing we can rule out a handful of characters from the book, like the Griffs and the Maderlys. Other than that since I don't know where the show storylines will go I can only talk in ifs.

IF Samwell goes to Oldtown:
- Alleras/Sphinx
- Archmaester Marwyn

IF Daenerys flies off to the Dothraki Sea (I really hope they'll stay true to this one):
- Khal Jhaqo

IF there will be a battle of Meereen:
- Tattered Prince

IF they don't sink the Iron Islands (I just can't imagine a better explanation as for why the show omits the Ironborn as a faction):
- Euron Greyjoy
- some other Ironborn to interact with Euron (I will be happy for any if it's not another old man/eunuch/woman)

IF Davos goes to Skagos for Rickon:

- Someone from House Magnar (a local Skagosi)

In addition, other storylines that will probably be in season 6 and can imagine having new characters added:

King's Landing:

- Randyll Tarly

While I would really like to see much more new characters from the books in season 6, but let's face the truth; I highly doubt it that D&D will include more characters than absolutely necessary, and will (unfortunately) focus on the already established (and popular) characters.

Euron is already on the show so no need to cast him again.

This. :)

Or if Euron is to die in the coming book anyways at some point soon, they can always still just use Balon in his stead. Then the leeches 'prophesy' will still have some valuable and consistent meaning in the show.

There's a reason D&D havent offed Balon yet.

ETA: same works with Victarion. But that seems off the menu, now that Daario already got the ships.

This. :)

Or if Euron is to die in the coming bookarrow-10x10.png anyways at some point soon, they can always still just use Balon in his stead. Then the leeches 'prophesy' will still have some valuable and consistent meaning in the show.

There's a reason D&D havent offed Balon yet.

ETA: same works with Victarion. But that seems off the menu, now that Daario already got the ships.

You know, oversimplifying the purpose of characters in the story (like this 'Victarion = Ships' equasion) can be very irritating in the long run...

Greyjoys plot has been cut for good I expect, so no Euron. Def no Victarion.

If we are lucky, we will get Aegon and Jon Con. Perhaps Howland Reed, someone has to reveal Jon's parentage after all.

D&D seem serious about their 7 seasons plan, so new cast additions will probably be pretty sparce from here on out. If anything, the cast will keep getting smaller and smaller.

Archived