Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

I assumed those Wildlings were killed/captured by Stannis' men on their way to Castle Black. It seems logical that they would have been.

In this show I don't like to assume things. It was brought up just a minute before Stannis and co ride in, and if it isn't mentioned early next season that they were captured/killed it will feel like a throwaway line/false threat from Mance, and as far as I can tell, show Mance says what he means and means what he says.

Or they could explain that those 400 were the ones that went to Hardhome after hearing of Mance's defeat and capture.

Has anyone considered that Rattleshirt isn't at Hardhome, but the leader of the 400 wildlings Mance mentioned he sent elsewhere on the wall?

Maybe early in the season he will fight and be captured by the watch. It was the Weeper in the books, but since he isn't in the show they used The Lord of Bones instead as one of the only recognizable wildlings.

This would get us back to where we are in the books so they can do the glamour with him and Mance. Plus they have a wildlings elder, Laboda, and Varamyr for Hardhome.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part since I don't want to see Mance actually burn.

No, the roof behind him is one of the same ones from Hardhome that we see in other shots. https://gfycat.com/ShabbyLivelyFawn

AdmiralKyrd had a postimg demonstrating just that somewhere.

Man, you guys can get really worked up over a poster. Oh gosh, they're not spending money to advertise for a television show that everyone already knows about. Must mean HBO has run out of money or just doesn't care.

It's a poster. It's just about as important as nipples on a breastplate.

Exactly. Especially when you consider that most movie posters are lazily put together with often very bad photoshop. The only way this has effected me is that it's changed the show's icon picture on IMDB and I guess it will be the DVD cover but then I don't care too much about what those look like either.

Exactly. Especially when you consider that most movie posters are lazily put together with often very bad photoshop. The only way this has effected me is that it's changed the show's icon picture on IMDB and I guess it will be the DVD cover but then I don't care too much about what those look like either.

Same. I actually do like this year's one a lot compared to the last couple of years. But posters don't bring much to the party apart from a momentary "ooh something new"

Same. I actually do like this year's one a lot compared to the last couple of years. But posters don't bring much to the party apart from a momentary "ooh something new"

I'd have thought the JoMance and BriPod clips would draw a little more attention myself.

Just as re-reading the books can reveal something that may not have registered, re-viewing the show does too.

I wondered what made D&D freeze Bran's storyline. The main idea I formed was that much would involve a lot of CGI. Considering there's to be quite a lot anyway, and, perhaps, some for Bran's storyline were thought to be too much - D&D still need to stay within budget, even if it's increased by HBO.

Had they decided to move ahead, what could we have seen? The best clue is in one of Bran's visions we've seen already.

Bloodraven has told Bran.... 'But you will fly'. Bran has already seen this, in his vision.

Anyhow - as you do - I took at look at the scene. The part where the shadow of a dragon flies over The Red Keep's walls and over KL roofs, reveals something else. Look at the shadow again. Now look at other shadows. Do you see something curious or obvious?

For Bran to see the shadow of the dragon, and for the shadows to be as they are - Where is Bran looking from? He's looking down, which can only mean one thing. Two, if you include what Bloodraven's said. BRAN IS FLYING! How? He is not in the dragon casting the shadow. BRAN'S IN ANOTHER DRAGON!! Meaning, there are at least two dragons flying over KL.

Something else to notice is, how many people do you see? KL looks deserted. Unless CGI didn't get that far.....

It's obviously a sunny day in that particular vision. So, is that past or future?

If that's from the past, it's telling one of GRRM's short stories covering a major event. If it's from the future, I haven't a clue of what event it could be. The only possible clue is from another part of the same vision, and also from Dany's. You'll know to which I'm referring. Also, what happened to Harrenhal has been told, which ties in with the imagery from both visions.

So.... What do you think? Does it seem like Bran's training with Bloodraven would've topped out the CGI budget? It may go a fair way to explain why Bran's storyline takes a break this coming season.

I don't think it has anything to do with budgeting. The reason they gave is perfectly logical: Bran ran out of story (which is hardly implausible, since he's barely in the books at all after ACOK, because GRRM ran out of story), and his story in the sixth book likely can't be moved back to fill the gap.

Just as re-reading the books can reveal something that may not have registered, re-viewing the show does too.

I wondered what made D&D freeze Bran's storyline. The main idea I formed was that much would involve a lot of CGI. Considering there's to be quite a lot anyway, and, perhaps, some for Bran's storyline were thought to be too much - D&D still need to stay within budget, even if it's increased by HBO.

Had they decided to move ahead, what could we have seen? The best clue is in one of Bran's visions we've seen already.

Bloodraven has told Bran.... 'But you will fly'. Bran has already seen this, in his vision.

Anyhow - as you do - I took at look at the scene. The part where the shadow of a dragon flies over The Red Keep's walls and over KL roofs, reveals something else. Look at the shadow again. Now look at other shadows. Do you see something curious or obvious?

For Bran to see the shadow of the dragon, and for the shadows to be as they are - Where is Bran looking from? He's looking down, which can only mean one thing. Two, if you include what Bloodraven's said. BRAN IS FLYING! How? He is not in the dragon casting the shadow. BRAN'S IN ANOTHER DRAGON!! Meaning, there are at least two dragons flying over KL.

Something else to notice is, how many people do you see? KL looks deserted. Unless CGI didn't get that far.....

It's obviously a sunny day in that particular vision. So, is that past or future?

If that's from the past, it's telling one of GRRM's short stories covering a major event. If it's from the future, I haven't a clue of what event it could be. The only possible clue is from another part of the same vision, and also from Dany's. You'll know to which I'm referring. Also, what happened to Harrenhal has been told, which ties in with the imagery from both visions.

So.... What do you think? Does it seem like Bran's training with Bloodraven would've topped out the CGI budget? It may go a fair way to explain why Bran's storyline takes a break this coming season.

They already will have so much CGI with Daznak, Hardhome, WoS, Arya, etc so you're probably right. With Bran that would've been too much .

In regards to Sansa and Littlefinger this season, I have a theory that may be way off, but I think may be on the right track....

Episode 1: No Sansa/Littlefinger

Episode 2: Sansa, Littlefinger, Robin ride through the Vale, come upon BriPod, Pod recognizes Sansa and Brienne tries to get her to come with her/let her serve Sansa, something to that effect, Sansa refuses. Littlefinger sends the Vale guards after them.

Episode 3: Littlefinger reveals his plan to marry Sansa to Robin, in order to unite the Vale, and will go to KL to try to get the marriage w/ Tyrion annulled. (could also happen in Ep 2)

Episode 4: No Sansa. Littlefinger arrives in KL, meets with the High Septon at his brothel in secret, Septon agrees to annul the marriage. Later, the Sparrows chase the Septon, who was doing more than meeting with Littlefinger, out of the brothel.

Episode 5: No Sansa. Littlefinger/Olenna Tyrell meet in the brothel.

Episode 6: Sansa/Robin scene(s), somewhere in the Vale or the Fingers, Robin annoys Sansa

Episode 7: Littlefinger returns, announces successful mission. Littlefinger & Sansa meet w/ some Vale lords.

Episode 8: Sansa pushes back on Littlefinger about marrying Robin, as she's tired of being a pawn, but he won't back down on his plan

Episode 9: No Sansa/Littlefinger

Episode 10: Bathtub scene, night before Sansa is to wed Robin, Sansa comes up w/ plan and seduces Littlefinger, knowing its the one way to get him to back out of forcing the marriage to go through. During/before/after they consummate the relationship, Sansa then murders Littlefinger in cold blood.

We get the "shocking scene," the "ambiguous ending", the "paths crossing (Brienne/Pod)", "Sansa using her sexuality to manipulate LF" and the "uniting of the Vale".

Thoughts?

Exactly. Moving forward, we have no idea where her story will go. She just murdered the one person who had still had her back, even if it was for his own designs, she presumably still has Robin by her side. She also has gone from being a victim for most of the story to now being a murderer, a complete 180 turn for her character.

If any of you have seen Gone Girl (GREAT movie, by the way), that scene sounds very familiar. It would be an incredible scene. Not too sure where her story could go from there though.

Gone Girls writing is similar to D&D's. It makes no sense half the time.

Gone Girls writing is similar to D&D's. It makes no sense half the time.

I would disagree with that, entirely. Both Game of Thrones and Gone Girl are/were EXTREMELY well-written. If you focus on one or two bad points of any cinematic experience, you're going to end up hating every movie or show that has ever existed.

Archived