Worst Possible Ending for ASOIAF?

Kynan

if you want to go like this, you'll probably find something bad about every character. Jon changed the coat several times and broke the vows, Daenerys killed 163 men because of some children, no matter if the men had something to do with it or not, and let freed slaves to kill presumably some innocent people, let alone raising the monsters that she can't control, Stannis abandoned the Seven gods and is probably unfaithful, Theon betrayed the Starks, Cersei is selfish, cruel, crazy and paranoid, Bran wargs Hodor, Arya doesn't care about death at all and killed several people when she was ~10, Petyr... well, do I need to comment on him? More or less the only one with no bad deeds is Brienne. Sansa comes probably close second if you exclude things like betraying her father when she told Cersei about his plan to sent her away or betraying her sister when she didn't support her version of what happened to Mycah and Joffrey. Everyone did something bad if you look closely.

How is giving up your religion 'bad'?

From the way you said it, that's pretty insulting to an atheist even if you meant it differently...

But anyway, I agree, the whole reason why these books are so good is because the 'protagonists' (debatable, but you can understand why I used that word) not only have faults (which is usually all it is in most books) but do wrong things like anyone. What makes us like them is that they're relate-able and understandable and that they have so many more good qualities...

Argh! Dear God, that would be horrible!

I wonder, am I the only one who has some respect for those guys and even sort of like them? They're not you're heroes but you can't call them 'Cerseis' or 'Ramsays', I mean, they have good qualities too...

Not that I think you're wrong, no you are very justified. I'm just weird this way...

I wonder, am I the only one who has some respect for those guys and even sort of like them? They're not you're heroes but you can't call them 'Cerseis' or 'Ramsays', I mean, they have good qualities too...

Not that I think you're wrong, no you are very justified. I'm just weird this way...

Well, not WF actually, I don't LIKE him, but Roose? A little.

I understand why they did it but at the same time I can't for the life of me figure out how they were hoping to keep their fellow bannermen on their side after brutally slaughtering their kin.

Euron sits the Iron Throne.

Oh sorry, WORST ending?

J finding out about R+L=J, and then choosing to follow that path. I'd like him to find out about it, and either a) not believe it or b ) not really be motivated by it at all. He saves us from the White Walkers but he doesn't actually become the story's final monarch, due to death or vows. IT more likely belongs to Tyrion or Shireen.

Jon's scar had not pained him in 17 years. As his Queen Daenerys placed Prince Eddard on Jon's lap. "Son" Jon Said, "One day this will all be yours".

Yep. That would truly make the series a tragedy...or a travesty. :stillsick: If Jon and Dany were to be King and Queen, they would patch up the cracks in Westerosi society temporarily (until their son becomes the second coming of his grandfather/great grandfather Mad Aerys). Although Jon and Dany have good hearts and some good leadership skills, neither one is particularly innovative. They love Westerosis traditions, their family legacies, and their rights (Dany and her throne, Jon and his Duty). They would do their best the fix what exists, but not reinvent the politics of Westeros (especially since neither of them witnessed the War of the 5 Kings up-close like people like Arya did). The feudal system and the honor code therein are too important to Dany and Jon for them to make meaningful social changes and reforms IMO.

- Stannis ends up King of the Seven Kingdoms

- Tyrion is actually Aerys son

- Bran wargs into a dragon

- Dany leaves Essos in total havoc and ends up Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.

- Aegon is actually a Blackfyre/Pretender.

I really don't want a picture perfect ending where Tyrion finds out he is a secret tag and he Dany and Jon live happily ever after. I want an ending that is bittersweet and realistic, not perfect and fantastical.

Yep. Hopefully none of this way happen either. :ack:

Jon is revealed as Rhaegar's son, becomes a dragon rider alongside Dany and Tyrion, becomes the KITN after every other claimant in the WOT5K is dead, becomes AA, saves the world from the Others, and marries Dany with Tyrion becoming the Hand.

Any ending will be better than no ending at all. If Martin actually manages to complete the series, I am confident that his ending will be consistent with the themes he has established and will be satisfactory to most people.

I do not agree, my opinion for the ending from best to worst scenario is:

1) GRRM finishs his novle with an ending which is a masterpiece, and generation later, people would still talk and praise that ending

2) GRRM fails to finish his novel before his own demise, leave everything to our imagination, years later we will still dispute about what will be the ending of the novel

3) GRRM finishs his novel, but the ending is such a let down, leave his fans deeply disappointed

I will prefer scenario 1, but will settle with scenario 2

I do not agree, my opinion for the ending from best to worst scenario is:

1) GRRM finishs his novle with an ending which is a masterpiece, and generation later, people would still talk and praise that ending

2) GRRM fails to finish his novel before his own demise, leave everything to our imagination, years later we will still dispute about what will be the ending of the novel

3) GRRM finishs his novel, but the ending is such a let down, leave his fans deeply disappointed

I will prefer scenario 1, but will settle with scenario 2

I don't agree with scenario 3. While one can never be 100% certain, I remain fully confident that, should Martin complete the series, the ending will be consistent with the themes and narrative that he has established and thus be satisfactory to most readers.

Archived