Is Kevan Lannister the Lord of House Lannister now?

tseka

I think a deadman can't be Lord. But with Tywin's death Jaime could be the Lord, but he's a Kingsguard, so Lordship passes down to Tyrion. But Tyrion is a "criminal" and disappeared from Westeros, so it passes down to Cersei. The Lord's children (even girls) are before the Lord's brothers in the line of inheritance.

(In Jon's chapter (ADWD) Alys Karstark told this too.)

Inheritance can be tricky, but as of now I think it goes something like:

Cersei > Tommen > Myrcella > (Lancel?) > Martyn > ... Tyrek... > then into the cousin branches with Damon?

I think a deadman can't be Lord. But with Tywin's death Jaime could be the Lord, but he's a Kingsguard, so Lordship passes down to Tyrion. But Tyrion is a "criminal" and disappeared from Westeros, so it passes down to Cersei. The Lord's children (even girls) are before the Lord's brothers in the line of inheritance.

(In Jon's chapter (ADWD) Alys Karstark told this too.)

That's pretty much how it works, yeah. Cersei is the head of House Lannister, Kevan never was. Of course he now he suffers from the slight handicap of being dead, so he never will be.

Which is just like Varys wanted it (unsurprising since he took a very active role in bringing it about). A headstrong, sometimes cunning but generally incompetent, paranoid in the lead, and a whole range of unprepared, relatively controllable in line after her.

But wouldn't Lancel then be Cersei's heir? Can a king inherit a vassal's prperties? I thought that was the reason for Robert to create House Baratheon of King's Landing. Robert is not in the line of succession for Storm's End: Renly is (Stannis is House Baratheon of Dragonstone).

Wouldn't Tommen be of this House Baratheon of King's Landing, then? He would only inherit if there was no succesor from the Lannister line (of chich there are plenty).

I thought that was the reason for Robert to create House Baratheon of King's Landing. Robert is not in the line of succession for Storm's End: Renly is (Stannis is House Baratheon of Dragonstone).

Nope. Robert was still Lord of Storm's End when he was king. To quote his 'son,' the king can do as he likes.

But wouldn't Lancel then be Cersei's heir? Can a king inherit a vassal's prperties? I thought that was the reason for Robert to create House Baratheon of King's Landing. Robert is not in the line of succession for Storm's End: Renly is (Stannis is House Baratheon of Dragonstone).

Wouldn't Tommen be of this House Baratheon of King's Landing, then? He would only inherit if there was no succesor from the Lannister line (of chich there are plenty).

That's assuming an awful lot: that when Cersei bites the dust, Tommen will still be alive and will still be king.

I believe that when when it comes to succession after Cersei, the matter will be actually quite clear. "Only Lannister still alive" or something just as unambiguous.

That's assuming an awful lot: that when Cersei bites the dust, Tommen will still be alive and will still be king.

I believe that when when it comes to succession after Cersei, the matter will be actually quite clear. "Only Lannister still alive" or something just as unambiguous.

There's an awful lot of Lannisters running around Lannisport (a cadet branch of the Casterly Rock-variety Lannisters), so I doubt it'll be quite that simple - but if you mean the only Lannister with anything but the most tenuous connection to the main line, you may well be right.

Then again, Tyrion could throw a monkey wrench into the whole deal, depending on the timing and manner of his return (none of us actually doubt he's coming back to Westeros at some point, right?).

Inheritance can be tricky, but as of now I think it goes something like:

Cersei > Tommen > Myrcella > (Lancel?) > Martyn > ... Tyrek... > then into the cousin branches with Damon?

I trot out the the old chestnut, updated with info from aDwD and tWoIaF

Tytos - Ruling Lord (dead, 3rd son of Gerold)

Tywin - Ruling Lord (dead, 1st son of Tytos)

Jaime (1st son of Tywin, grandson of Tytos - excluded because of his oaths)

Tyrion (2nd son of Tywin, grandson of Tytos - exluded because of his "crimes")

Cersei - Ruling Lady (1st daughter of Tywin, granddaughter of Tytos, free on parole awaiting trial by the Faith)

Joffrey Baratheon (dead, 1st son of Cersei, grandson of Tywin)

Tommen Baratheon (2nd son of Cersei, grandson of Tywin)

Myrcella Baratheon (1st daughter of Cersei, granddaughter of Tywin)

Kevan (dead, 2nd son of Tytos)

Lancel (1st son of Kevan, grandson of Tytos, also - excluded because of his oaths)

Willem (dead, 2nd son of Kevan, grandson of Tytos)

Martyn (3rd son of Kevan, grandson of Tytos)

Janei (1st daughter of Kevan, granddaughter of Tytos)

Tygett (dead, 3rd son of Tytos)

Tyrek (1st son of Tygett, grandson of Tytos)

Gerion (dead, 4th son of Tytos)

Genna (1st daughter of Tytos)

Cleos Frey (dead, 1st son of Genna, grandson of Tytos)

Tywin Frey (1st son of Cleos, grandson of Genna, great-grandson of Tytos)

Willem Frey (2nd son of Cleos, grandson of Genna, great-grandson of Tytos)

Lyonel Frey (2nd son of Genna, grandson of Tytos)

Tion Frey (dead, 3rd son of Genna, grandson of Tytos)

Walder Frey (4th son of Genna, grandson of Tytos)

(this ends the issue of the line of Lord Tytos)

Damon Lannister (probably dead, 1st cousin of Tywin, nephew of Tytos - the son of Tytos' younger brother Jason, and grandson of Tytos' father Gerold)

Damion Lannister (son of Damon Lannister by his first wife, grandson of Jason)

Lucion Lannister (son of Damion, grandson of Damon)

Lanna Lannister (daughter of Damion, granddaughter of Damon)

Stafford Lannister (dead, 1st cousin of Tywin, nephew of Tytos - the son of Tytos' brother Jason, and grandson of Tytos' father Gerold)

Daven Lannister (1st son of Stafford, great-nephew of Tytos, great-grandson of Tybolt)

Cerenna Lannister (1st daughter of Stafford, great-niece of Tytos, great-granddaughter of Tybolt)

Myrielle Lannister (2nd daughter of Stafford, great-niece of Tytos, great-granddaughter of Tybolt)

Unnamed Brother (status unknown)

Unnamed Brother (status unknown)

Joanna Lannister (dead, 1st cousin of Tywin, niece of Tytos, granddaughter of Tybolt)

Unnamed Sister (status unknown)*

Unnamed Sister (status unknown)*

(this entire branch is descended from Tytos' younger brother Jason)

*I wouldn't be surprised if one of the unnamed sisters is Margot Lannister, thus making her Lady Joanna's sister.

Archived