Dorne will give Aegon the Conquerors Crown to Aegon VI

It's a war trophy. War trophies aren't given back. Like, we definitely have now a good relationship with Chile, a country we've warred many times but they won't return THE ONE HEROIC SHIP of us they captured during the War of the Pacific.

Hey, war trophies are where you get them from. We won't even give back Santa Anna's leg. ;) So you think the Dornish are going to give up something like the crown of the guy who conquered them?

I don't think so. If the Martells had the crown, why wouldn't they give it back to Daeron II or to Baelor at least? After all, a Dornish prince was going to sit the IT back then as well and it certainly would have boosted Daeron's legitimacy, especially after the Blackfyre rebellion. Most likely, one of the soldiers stole it after Daeron I was attacked, like people scrambled to pick the rubies that came from Rhaegar's armor after Robert killed him., and it was never recovered by the Martells. Still, it's a very intriguing idea.

I don't think so. If the Martells had the crown, why wouldn't they give it back to Daeron II or to Baelor at least? After all, a Dornish prince was going to sit the IT back then as well and it certainly would have boosted Daeron's legitimacy, especially after the Blackfyre rebellion. Most likely, one of the soldiers stole it after Daeron I was attacked, like people scrambled to pick the rubies that came from Rhaegar's armor after Robert killed him., and it was never recovered by the Martells. Still, it's a very intriguing idea.

maybe one of the pro blackfyre houses have it..

maybe one of the pro blackfyre houses have it..

They may. But was Daeron's crown even mentioned in the books? I think it would sound too convoluted and weird to see it so late in the story. Kind of like if we were reading long fantasy series about the Wars of the Roses, and suddenly in book 6 someone arrives with Excalibur that wasn't mentioned before that moment, gives it to one of contenders, and starts to explain what that is and how he got it from some noble who kept it in his basement all these years. I think if it's such a big symbol, it should've been worked up earlier.

They may. But was Daeron's crown even mentioned in the books? I think it would sound too convoluted and weird to see it so late in the story. Kind of like if we were reading long fantasy series about the Wars of the Roses, and suddenly in book 6 someone arrives with Excalibur that wasn't mentioned before that moment, gives it to one of contenders, and starts to explain what that is and how he got it from some noble who kept it in his basement all these years. I think if it's such a big symbol, it should've been worked up earlier.

But it was pointed out in TP&TQ, quite specifically, and compared to Rhaenyra's crown. A lot of readers think that the five main novels of ASOIAF are all that matter, but I strongly disagree. The George is telling a big story, and he's giving us clues in the backstory, not all of which he wants to include in the main novels since he must thinkbit would become too cumbersome.

GRRM has time to explain the backstory.. Aegon´s crowning should be at oldtown.. after Dorne joins him (inclduing the pro-blackfyre houses)

But it was pointed out in TP&TQ, quite specifically, and compared to Rhaenyra's crown. A lot of readers think that the five main novels of ASOIAF are all that matter, but I strongly disagree. The George is telling a big story, and he's giving us clues in the backstory, not all of which he wants to include in the main novels since he must thinkbit would become too cumbersome.

In reality, few people will have read all the minor stories, World of ASOIAF and all the other stuff before they read main novels. GRRM is not writing an encyclopedia, ASOIAF is his magnum opus, and I think he will likely consider such things. If something is too cumbersome to explain in the main books, it probably won't play a big role in the main books. There's just no need to put every symbol in the books, it's not necessarily good for them from literary perspective.

I think fAegon suddenly getting Aegon/Daeron's crown would be a very powerful symbol... if it was properly built up. Without it being built up at all so far, it's kind of meh. It's kind of like Starks reforging Ice (very powerful) vs. Starks reforging Ice if we didn't know what's Ice until book 6 (not so powerful).

In reality, few people will have read all the minor stories, World of ASOIAF and all the other stuff before they read main novels. GRRM is not writing an encyclopedia, ASOIAF is his magnum opus, and I think he will likely consider such things. If something is too cumbersome to explain in the main books, it probably won't play a big role in the main books. There's just no need to put every symbol in the books, it's not necessarily good for them from literary perspective.

I think fAegon suddenly getting Aegon/Daeron's crown would be a very powerful symbol... if it was properly built up. Without it being built up at all so far, it's kind of meh. It's kind of like Starks reforging Ice (very powerful) vs. Starks reforging Ice if we didn't know what's Ice until book 6 (not so powerful).

The folks who read TP&TQ will be like whoa, s@$t! The folks who didn't will be like, oh, Aegon the Conqueror's crown. Meh.

:)

It could work, do not forget Aegon I had two wives, with is precedence, Aegon VI could marry both Danny and Arianne Martell who, unlike Danny, could produce a royal heir, this solution could satisfy everybody.

For the thousandth time, Dany is not barren.

For one time, she is

There is nothing to prove it. There is no big evidence to say otherwise either.

She got a difficult birth, and she resulted hurt by it. She has eventually healed, as she's able to have sex now and enjoy it. Before Daario, there is no way we could have known if she was able to conceive again and she seems to imply that she's menstruating again (which means nothing). Now, she seems to have suffered a miscarriage. Was it provoked by what she ate? Or it was spontaneous due to her previous experience leaving her wounded for ever? We can't yet tell.

There is nothing to prove it. There is no big evidence to say otherwise either.

She got a difficult birth, and she resulted hurt by it. She has eventually healed, as she's able to have sex now and enjoy it. Before Daario, there is no way we could have known if she was able to conceive again and she seems to imply that she's menstruating again (which means nothing). Now, she seems to have suffered a miscarriage. Was it provoked by what she ate? Or it was spontaneous due to her previous experience leaving her wounded for ever? We can't yet tell.

She is cursed by black magic, is she ? We do not know whether she suffered a miscarriage, let us assume it was a miscarriage, it ought to be the result of that curse, hence, she could not produce children

She is cursed by black magic, is she ? We do not know whether she suffered a miscarriage, let us assume it was a miscarriage, it ought to be the result of that curse, hence, she could not produce children

She's not cursed by black magic. MMD hasn't cursed anything on her. Also, if she has, the curse has nothing to do with her fertility. Her ability to become pregnant is one of the odds she mentioned wouldn't never happen. She's assuming that Dany won't ever get a man to love and bear a living child to him, because she has already lost the one man she loved.

This is what she said:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east". An impossible.

"When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves". Another impossible.

"When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child". She's putting a future pregnancy in the group of impossibles to fuck up with her mind. Like, "your husband died, babies are done for you".

"Then he will return, and not before." Drogo will return when the three impossibles happen.

As Drogo won't ever return (physically), she's considering the pregnancy equally unlikely. She couldn't have known that her figurative speak would literally come to happen.

She's not cursed by black magic. MMD hasn't cursed anything on her. Also, if she has, the curse has nothing to do with her fertility. Her ability to become pregnant is one of the odds she mentioned wouldn't never happen. She's assuming that Dany won't ever get a man to love and bear a living child to him, because she has already lost the one man she loved.

This is what she said:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east". An impossible.

"When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves". Another impossible.

"When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child". She's putting a future pregnancy in the group of impossibles to fuck up with her mind. Like, "your husband died, babies are done for you".

"Then he will return, and not before." Drogo will return when the three impossibles happen.

As Drogo won't ever return (physically), she's considering the pregnancy equally unlikely. She couldn't have known that her figurative speak would literally come to happen.

Of course, she was cursed by black magic. "When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child" was put in the same place as "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east" and "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves", all means it is impossible

Of course, she was cursed by black magic. "When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child" was put in the same place as "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east" and "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves", all means it is impossible

No, it doesn't. It means MMD thought it would be impossible. And the reason why she thought that is because she knows that the Dothraki take widows of khals and put them in the Dosh Khaleen in Vaes Dothrak, where they never marry again and have no more children.

It's not a curse, it's an elaborate and quite mean way of saying he's never coming back.

However, the sun has risen in the west and set in the east (Quentyn Martell), the sea has gone dry (the Dothraki sea is dry because winter is coming), and the mountains blowing in the wind like leaves could reference any number of things including the destruction of the pyramids of Meereen, or Gregor Clegane's death.

So yeah, she can have children. But given that we're seeing the rest come true, she'll probably die in childbirth and thus be reunited with Drogo that way.

This falls under accidental prophecy. It wasn't meant that way, but it's coming true regardless.

Archived