On the Sand Snakes

Westeros

The comments in the Jessica Henwick Thronecast interview in Youtube were absolutely disgusting. I'm not familiar with the work of Castle-Hughes or Sellers, but Henwick was quite good as Amy Lang in "Silk", so I think it's clearly the fault of the writing and directing (and the forced accents didn't help either)

The comments in the Jessica Henwick Thronecast interview in Youtube were absolutely disgusting. I'm not familiar with the work of Castle-Hughes or Sellers, but Henwick was quite good as Amy Lang in "Silk", so I think it's clearly the fault of the writing and directing (and the forced accents didn't help either)

Both Castle-Hughes and Sellers have excellent credentials and it's really unfair to them that the material given to them sucks so bad. I was thinking that the reason they were cast was because they would have a bigger role in season 6 as it is implied at the end of ADwD (Nym joins the small council, Tyene poses as a septa and Obara goes after Darkstar) but Darkstar is nowhere to be seen and Trystane joins the small council instead of Nym! I really have no clue what the two clowns are doing.

I don't get the outrage or the disappointment here. The sand snakes, while having a cool name, are very minor characters in the book, and I think spent most of the books locked up in some tower...who cares?

That said, I think Rosabell Laurenti-Sellers is a talented actress with tremendous range, personality, and gravitas......

I don't get the outrage or the disappointment here. The sand snakes, while having a cool name, are very minor characters in the book, and I think spent most of the books locked up in some tower...who cares?

That said, I think Rosabell Laurenti-Sellers is a talented actress with tremendous range, personality, and gravitas......

I agree with everything you've said.

Both Castle-Hughes and Sellers have excellent credentials and it's really unfair to them that the material given to them sucks so bad.

You are right, but still, they read the material and decided to join the show. Sellers surely had to see that they only wanted her for her boobs. They decided that it was a good move for their carrers to be associated with a show as popular as GOT, and went for it. It's even probable that they made the right decision. But if they are going to enjoy the fame that the show delivers, they should also accept being subject to criticism for participating in such an atrocious subplot.

A much better version of the fight in Dorne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsioCjw6130

Hilarious!!

You are right, but still, they read the material and decided to join the show. Sellers surely had to see that they only wanted her for her boobs. They decided that it was a good move for their carrers to be associated with a show as popular as GOT, and went for it. It's even probable that they made the right decision. But if they are going to enjoy the fame that the show delivers, they should also accept being subject to criticism for participating in such an atrocious subplot.

I don't think you pass up a chance to appear in a series like this. It's just too much exposure. Not to mention book are much more critical of this than show only fans.

I don't think you pass up a chance to appear in a series like this. It's just too much exposure. Not to mention book are much more critical of this than show only fans.

I think both book readers and non-book readers have (for the most part, obviously there will be exceptions) had a negative reaction to Dorne this season. When the highlight of the season seems to be "Tyene had nice boobs didn't she?" Something has gone wrong.

A much better version of the fight in Dorne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsioCjw6130

Apologies if it has been posted before.

One of the comments.

Teenage Dornish Ninja Sandsnakes

Latino chicks in headscarves - Girl power!

Game of Thrones' most cringeful fighting team! (They have a whip!)

They got dumb lines, and their motives are obscene! (Get a grip, script!)

If a foe dies taking a shit, They'll hurt a child for his crimes instead!

Psycho stepmom taught them bad motives (She's a radical bitch!)

Nym just stands around, and Tyene is fun to tease (Go ask Bronn, son)

Obara has a spear. It's clear! (Daddy issues)

There's the other FIVE, but they wont appear! (The Sphiiinx!?)

Latino chicks in headscarves - Girl power!

:lmao:

They're minor characters and fairly undeveloped compared to Martin's usual fare, but they have a lot of pinache and distinct personalities. The show positioned these minor characters as the centre piece of the dornish story but somehow made them even less developed then they were in the books. How is that possible? It's fighter, poisoner, seductress how do you mess that up? These gals had like two scenes a piece in the books and have more flare and charisma than these imitations ever will.

Not blaming the actresses at all (why would I? They did what the script, producers and directors asked of them), but the Sand Snakes were comically bad. Such one-dimensional characters it became cartoonish. And Keisha Castle-Hughes...who told her to keep making that face?? I get it, she's angry...but omfg...stop it already. Every time they showed her I could keep from laughing.

The entire Dorne plot was shameful. And Ellaria needs to die, badly.

Sometimes an unseen character you only hear stories about is far more interesting and badass than actually seeing him do the stuff.

Like Oberyn in the books.

Or Euron.

Or the Sellsword companies.

We never see them do much stuff, but they come off extremely dangerous and badass.

Could have done same with Sand Snakes.

They're minor characters and fairly undeveloped compared to Martin's usual fare, but they have a lot of pinache and distinct personalities. The show positioned these minor characters as the centre piece of the dornish story but somehow made them even less developed then they were in the books. How is that possible? It's fighter, poisoner, seductress how do you mess that up? These gals had like two scenes a piece in the books and have more flare and charisma than these imitations ever will.

Why do you say that?

Both Castle-Hughes and Sellers have excellent credentials and it's really unfair to them that the material given to them sucks so bad. I was thinking that the reason they were cast was because they would have a bigger role in season 6 as it is implied at the end of ADwD (Nym joins the small council, Tyene poses as a septa and Obara goes after Darkstar) but Darkstar is nowhere to be seen and Trystane joins the small council instead of Nym! I really have no clue what the two clowns are doing.

I don't see Trystane or any Dornish being allowed to join the small council after Myrcella's murder.

Why do you say that?

Because they were? I mean isn't that fairly obvious? The vast majority of the scenes in Dorne feature Ellaria or the Sandsnakes and prior to the season being aired there was a lot of publicity and hype for these awesome new characters. They were clearly intended to be on of the main draws of the new seasons. "Look how cool they are! Look at their individualised weapons! Look at the empowerment!" Certainly they got a lot more screen time than they did in the books, and yet somehow manage to have less characterisation.

Totally agree, I never saw them as particularly interesting characters in the books. I wouldn't have cared if they were left out of the plot entirely.

Worse yet, they hurt Doran's Character badly by making him look weak. In the books, he's two steps ahead of anyone in Dorne. Also, the awesome, empowered character of his daughter is completely eliminated in favor of one-dimensional characters mainly there as eye candy. According to the show, Ellaria is a brilliant master strategist for no real reason whatsoever. The Sand Snakes (Who aren't her daughters in the book, since she would have had the first one when she was, like, 12, there are 4 younger girls who are her daughters) are made out as the great warriors have one lackluster scene, and flash their boobs, which one gets the impression was the only reason they were there in the first place.

Archived