Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets

JonCon's Red Beard

The Sand Snakes represent the fans."DO IT NOW! FINISH NOW! WE WANT! DO SOMETHING, OLD MAN!"Doran is GRRM"You want it fast or you want it good?"That's why Doran will end up winning the game.

Does this mean TWoW is going to be burned by dragonfire after much hype?

Speaking of the Sand Snakes, I gotta admit I'm liking Tyene more and more. She's head and shoulders above her sisters and I think the Dornish chapters would've benefited a lot from more Tyene. I even think her POV would fun, kind of like Cersei's when she's being so nice to the septas and in her head she's thinking about ripping out their tongues. That's Tyene in a nutshell, only more sickly sweet and even more dangerous

Speaking of the Sand Snakes, I gotta admit I'm liking Tyene more and more. She's head and shoulders above her sisters and I think the Dornish chapters would've benefited a lot from more Tyene. I even think her POV would fun, kind of like Cersei's when she's being so nice to the septas and in her head she's thinking about ripping out their tongues. That's Tyene in a nutshell, only more sickly sweet and even more dangerous

I don't like her that much, but yeah, she's the thinker of the bunch left in Sunspear. Obara is all "aoidjiajdajsiodjasod kill kill burn burn aosjdoaisjdoad" and Nymeria is "I found out about the tragedy... while I was having twinsex. It was sad".

Sarella and Elia are the ones we should keep our eyes on.

:agree:

Were I a character in a story, I'd not be afraid of likes of Obara, Nym, Doran or Arriane. But Tyene would scare the shit out of me. There's something bizarrely creepy how she uses sweet and angelic voice to speak about violence and war.

I don't like her that much, but yeah, she's the thinker of the bunch left in Sunspear. Obara is all "aoidjiajdajsiodjasod kill kill burn burn aosjdoaisjdoad" and Nymeria is "I found out about the tragedy... while I was having twinsex. It was sad".Sarella and Elia are the ones we should keep our eyes on.

In the spirit of the thread, I have a hunch that Sarella is actually planning her own revenge for Oberyn...and it won't be pretty

In the spirit of the thread, I have a hunch that Sarella is actually planning her own revenge for Oberyn...and it won't be pretty

She's too nice. Beware of the quiet ones, they say.

Speaking of SS, I love how mostly of them have names derived from someone Oberyn probably loved, cared or felt meaningful: Obara (after his own name, being her older kid), Obella (idem), Dorea (Doran) and Loreza (many have theorised he named her after her mother).

But Elia, like "power" and "nothing", is just Elia, the sister he lost.

In ADwD, Barristan explains how Ned resigned at Hand when refusing to send assassins to kill her, and she still won't change her opinion of him. She might begin to change her opinion of him after meeting some Westerosi in the next two books. I think if/when she knows that Ned even refused to accept the murder of Rhaenys and "Aegon" that her opinion will begin to sway. Learning R+L=J and that Ned sacrificed his own honor to protect this boy will probably sway her as well, if she learns of it.

Well I can't exactly say Selmy had great timing there, back in Swords he gave her some information about her father, not everything, but some and she told him when she was ready she would hear the rest. She is not ready and she does not need to be right now.

In that instance Dany had been woken to the deaths of 9 people and Misssy is crying and her brother is dead, and so is Rylona the harpist who Dany liked and was a member of her council and a leader among the freedmen. Then she gets a visit from Quaithe, which stresses her out further, which is just compoundes the issues with slavers, the Sons of the Harpy, muders, the fact that she hates being there and wants to be in Westeros, that after the Quaithe vision she is concerned about her families taint the Selmy told her about, sshe is totally lonely and thinking about it in that chapter, she gets no sleep, has another long day with meetings and asked for a happy story.

So Selmy starts telling him how the young Usurper shamed him, how Robert had not right to the Crown, how the young usurper tried to have him killed. He then makes an mention that he was there the day Ned Stark lost his head. Which was a bit forced by Martin as it had no real bearing on the story he was telling. Stark was a traitor, and he basically says yeah but he meant you no ill will. She recalls Rhaegars children and the conversation is cut short not out of anger, but of sadness as she recalls Hazzea. It was not about denial of the truth just a bad time and a painful recollection that ended the conversation. Before you really address Ned with her you got to go back to the begining and work your way forward so that it actually makes sense and you got to do it when she is ready and has time to deal with it.

Jorah never helped with Ned either, and that is another pain for her because she misses him and she feels bad and she feels Ned hurt him also not that Ned was wrong, but the perspective Jorah gave her is somewhat different than the reality of the truth. I think eventually between Selmy, Tyrion and Jorah she well come to know the truth of it all. I mean the Meereenese knot is still unraveling and people still arriving, and one secret person is coming as well. So in time it will play out.

Now back to Confessions, ever since Sophie Turner played Sansa Stark I have wanted to see Sansa die. Like a horrific horro movie death. Don't know why really, I think her voice just rubs me the wrong way, seems like a lovely girl, sort of ruined Sansa for me, not even sure why. But I would like to see Sansa die on the show, like finally a Stark reunion, Sansa runs to hug Jon at the top of the wall and slips and slides right past him off the edge, bouncing off the wall on the way down and cought in the updraft which keeps blowing her up so we can see her face and hear her scream and then drops her back down, and then up, a sort of Wile E Coyote death. It's cartoonish but I want it, I hope Ramsey has fun this season.

Summerhal should have a happy ending where Dunk and the family all just sneak away to Lys or something because Westeros sucks.

Who the fuck is Val? And why should I care about anyone who has been in the books for 10 seconds and already wants to kill a little girl? If she would kill Sansa she would be ok.

Needle sucks, it does, it sucks ass, it is a little rapier made for a child, it is short and skinny and should be made into a dagger or it can be used as a toothpick for Tormund. It's basically a stilleto but thinner. To long to conceal like a dagger and to small to make a decent thrust and perry blade. Is anyone even teaching her how to fence anymore? Not since Syrio way back when. If she used Needle to kill Sansa it would be an awesome sword.

Arya should get to ride a dragon, then she could feed Sansa to it.

I wish Joffery was still alive.

Arthur Dayne is Jon's real father, fuck Rhaegar his harp and the high horse he rode in on, dude was a total putz, buzz kill and fun sponge.

I want to see Tyrion, and Dany get totally shit faced together.

My personal opinion is that the very last sentence of the final book will be: "Tyrion Lannister died in his own bed, with his belly full of Arbor Gold, with a maiden's mouth around his cock at the age of eighty." Just like how Tyrion said he wanted to die back in AGoT.

It is known.

I just had a thought. Barristan said that, if Robert showed a bit of joy at the death of Rhaegar's children, he would have lunged at Robert with a blade. So why is that the worst thing ever and deserving of intervention from the mighty Barristan the Bold, but burning hundreds of innocent people while raping the queen is just "meh, go ahead"?

I confess that for a long time I pictured Rhaegar with long black hair. I knew his true hair colour and still pictured him brunet.

and that I like the idea of Asha+Stannis (Stasha?)

Unpopular opinions:

Tyrion is my less favourite POV in AGoT, while I adore Sansa's chapters. Tyrion's Eyerie trial was very boring for me.

I like Jaime in AFfC, but he annoys me for the most part of ASoS. But I love his interactions with Loras.

I think that staying at the Quite island is the best outcome for Sandor.

My crackpot is that Darkstar's mom was a Caron (of the Nightsong)

Well to be fair she has not read the books, and has been told some pretty serious things about Ned. Not that it matters because Ned is dead, they are all dead.

Here is one, I want to know how Cersei got Jaime into the KG or why she thought she got him in? Who was her connection back then? And how does Cersei usually get people to do things for her?

Cersei reminded Aerys of Joanna... :leaving:

Even if she accepts that Aerys was in the wrong, she still has numerous justified reasons to be angry at the rebels of Robert's Rebellion for the crimes inflicted on the rest of her family that weren't Aerys.

Yeah... If she's on board with that train, it means she also accepts that Rickard and Brandon's deaths were murder. Which means the Starks were completely right to revolt against him. He then asked Jon A to kill Ned & Robert, if that's also wrong it means she concedes Robert had a right to go against him as well. Then, how is she going to be like "ok, I'll give you Aerys but Rhaegar was totally innocent and justified here"? No noble is going to be happy with a monarch that doesn't respect the oath of betrothal. Basically, the only innocent members of her family were Elia and the kids, and that was all Lannister initiative. More importantly, it's common knowledge, at least within the Nobility and KL, that Gregor Clegane did that.

That's a really hard position to argue from because once she recognises that Aerys was in the wrong, she is basically saying the Rebellion was justified (and I do think it was). She then loses an standing if tries to put down the other usurper dogs since really, only the Lannisters are her legit target and they're imploding at the moment anyway. What is she going to do? Attack Tommen? Also, the other problem is, all the people involved except Jaime are gone. Who is she going to punish after him? If she goes for the kids, then she is going to be in hot waters and reminding everyone whose daughter she is.

I think Cersei and Robert are what GRRM actually thinks of feminism and the masculinity image.

Wait ,what? Elaborate, please.

Here goes my part.

- Bran's POVs are boring.

- I would like R+L to be J, but I'm not sure anymore.

- I would like Aegon to be true, and to ally with his aunt, maybe even marry her. They would rule Westeros together.

- Jon would be the third head of the dragon, and confirm his position as LC.

- Tyrion would be Lord of the Rock and Rickon would come back to be Lord of Winterfell.

:)

I confess...I like the show just as much as I like the books.

I know that's heresy around here XD

The other thread was locked before you could reply (that was probably my fault), so I'll ask here. Why did you like the HotU in the show more than the books? Just wondering.

Yeah... If she's on board with that train, it means she also accepts that Rickard and Brandon's deaths were murder. Which means the Starks were completely right to revolt against him. He then asked Jon A to kill Ned & Robert, if that's also wrong it means she concedes Robert had a right to go against him as well. Then, how is she going to be like "ok, I'll give you Aerys but Rhaegar was totally innocent and justified here"? No noble is going to be happy with a monarch that doesn't respect the oath of betrothal. Basically, the only innocent members of her family were Elia and the kids, and that was all Lannister initiative. More importantly, it's common knowledge, at least within the Nobility and KL, that Gregor Clegane did that.

That's a really hard position to argue from because once she recognises that Aerys was in the wrong, she is basically saying the Rebellion was justified (and I do think it was). She then loses an standing if tries to put down the other usurper dogs since really, only the Lannisters are her legit target and they're imploding at the moment anyway. What is she going to do? Attack Tommen? Also, the other problem is, all the people involved except Jaime are gone. Who is she going to punish after him? If she goes for the kids, then she is going to be in hot waters and reminding everyone whose daughter she is.

I agree with what you're saying but Dany did lose a home and innocent family members in the rebellion her reaction is justified.

Her anger is at her family's throne being stolen, her niece and nephew being murdered and her and her brother being thrown out of their home and being hunted. No matter if the rebellion was justified was the change of power necessary? When Robert and the rebels named him King was that really needed?

Archived