Confirmed, HBO show will spoil the ending of series

Dragon Seed

My biggest gripe in all of this is that they've had no problem destroying this series so far. Changing Tyrion, Cersei, Catelyn et al to the point where they only vaguely resemble their book-selves. They alter major events, Blackwater, battle for the Wall, House of Undying and so on. They have completely savaged most of what was good in the books yet with the ending they decide to "stay true to what George is doing" or whatever.

Fuck these guys, fucking hacks, they'd still be remembered for shitty movie scripts and who knows what else if not for Martin. It's like they're rubbing his nose in it. "Hey you told us your ending when you thought you could beat us to the punch, but look, we've cut out so much shit we're already caught up with you and we're going to spoil it!"

I say again, fuck these guys.

Will I watch it though? Shit, how can I not? I'd rather see it for myself than read about in on the internet. But it doesn't mean I'm going gently into the good night. I'm not happy about it, don't care how silly it sounds to anyone else, but I wanted to read the ending with the characters that have been established in my head from reading and not from watching some poorly cast actors wreck it for me.

Fuck these guys.

My biggest gripe in all of this is that they've had no problem destroying this series so far. Changing Tyrion, Cersei, Catelyn et al to the point where they only vaguely resemble their book-selves. They alter major events, Blackwater, battle for the Wall, House of Undying and so on. They have completely savaged most of what was good in the books yet with the ending they decide to "stay true to what George is doing" or whatever.

Fuck these guys, fucking hacks, they'd still be remembered for shitty movie scripts and who knows what else if not for Martin. It's like they're rubbing his nose in it. "Hey you told us your ending when you thought you could beat us to the punch, but look, we've cut out so much shit we're already caught up with you and we're going to spoil it!"

Will I watch it though? Shit, how can I not? I'd rather see it for myself than read about in on the internet. But it doesn't mean I'm going gently into the good night. I'm not happy about it, don't care how silly it sounds to anyone else, but I wanted to read the ending with the characters that have been established in my head from reading and not from watching some poorly cast actors wreck it for me.

Fuck these guys.

You wrote destroying when i think you mean improving. . The multitudes of fans flocking to his books now the tv series is so popular is just a coincidence. Completely destroyed.

Martin has nobody to blame but himself. Your anger should be directed at him rather than the at people he sold the rights to his story to.

Fuck these guys.

Every part of that is either ridiculous, unreasonable, or just wrong.

Fuck these guys.

And the prize for the irrational book purist of the year goes to...

Fuck these guys.

It's post like these that make me take book purists' gripes less and less seriously. Maybe he's just trolling.

The only part of this rant I can agree with is the House of the Undying. Everything else I find pretty ludicrous. I think overall D&D have created an incredible show from an incredible book series.

Fuck these guys.

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel

Sure, blame the writers for inevitably catching up with the books, not the guy who sold them the rights in the first place and then proceeded to write like molasses

Good for you all. Nope, not trolling. My opinion, yours is different, that's the world.

The only person to blame for this situation is Martin. Everything about this is completely and solely his own fault. That's not an opinion, that's simply a fact.

Fuck these guys.

Please try reading the rules before you post...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum-39/announcement-58-read-before-posting-rules/

Especially this part:

Similarly, please remain respectful of the cast and crew, especially when it comes to matters such as personal appearance. It's okay to say an actor does not fit your image of a character, or even how the character is described, but it's not acceptable to go on about finding them 'too ugly' for a role or what have you. These are real people, some of whom browse this forum, some who even have a presence here. They've worked hard to create the best show they can. Performance critiques, so long as they're constructive, are of course welcome.

The only person to blame for this situation is Martin. Everything about this is completely and solely his own fault. That's not an opinion, that's simply a fact.

Well, I'd argue deciding to do the series before all the books are published was a risky move.

Please try reading the rules before you post...

To be fair the poster is not saying anything about their appearance.

It's also hard to argue Troy's script is....well, he's not wrong ;)

To be fair the poster is not saying anything about their appearance.

'...please remain respectful of the cast and crew...' was the first part of the post rules. I think that trumps all.

Their appearance was just an example in the rules posting.

It never ceases to amuse me how Martin was repeatedly proposing 3 seasons out of AFFC/ADWD. Good example how otherwise intelligent person can be totally uncritical when it comes to his own creation. For once I am glad that we have Spring 2016 as the fixed date for TWOW material although in different medium.

It's on Martin. Are D&D/HBO supposed to go on hiatus till he finishes the series? Come on.

This sort of talk about D&D being malicious trolls who delight in sticking it to Martin is baffling. WTF? Where is this coming from? He allowed them to adapt the books, and they're doing just that. It isn't as though there's some ridiculous adolescent contest between D&D and Martin, why would there be?

And if D&D want to rub anyone's noses in anything, it should be other show runners, no?

I have disliked several of D&D's choices (Cat's depiction and wasting a colossal talent like MF topping the list, then Shae's schizo portrayal and of course, dearest Tyrion's sainthood), but that certainly doesn't mean I should get unreasonable and personal, and make wild allegations about them.

Just my opinion, of course.

Ok, I'm speaking up.

Where I live, a lot of books aren't found unless they become popular. ASOIAF was barely known here, and the only reasons we have the books here is due to the show. And, if some libraries had it, it was probably a few copies.

So... who cares what came first, anyway.

FFS JCRB preach it

Who gives a flying fark who has the more 'fan credit'?

To the book readers who don't want to be spoiled, I wish you the best and will do my best to help, however little that is.

However get off the high horse m'lord and join the smallfolk.

I spoiled myself on Robb Stark's death during the watch of the first season. And you know what?

I continued to read all the books. The writing is very good, and the characters, storylines, and most importantly universe are amazing. I knew Ned was going to die before it happened due to a video on youtube of a reaction, long before I even saw the series and knew what they were talking about.

I have enjoyed every minute of it and ASOIAF is now my favorite series of all time. I am a superfan and almost certainly know more about it word for word than most book-only readers anyways.

Echoing Martin, I have never really understood the big stink about spoilers, otherwise M Night Shymalan should be your favorite artist of all time.

Fuck these guys.

It's like you think that you are torturing yourself by watching great and critically acclaimed TV-show. IMO the best show on air. What tv-shows do you like then? I hope it's not walking dead.

Oh well I guess that makes its script good then :rolleyes:

Troy was a good script, whether or not you like the movie.

It distorts history. What did you expect seeing an adaptation of what very well may be a FICTITIOUS EVENT

Archived