does westeros have enough power to wipe out Mordor?

Considering Jaime actually practices his skills and Aragorn doesn't, one would imagine he would be the better fighter.

Jaime is a legendary swordsman, and one of the best ever in Planetos... but Aragorn is something else, his blood grants him superior strength, speed and agility than a normal westerosi human, he stands at 6´6 (prime bob height) and has 3/4 times more battle experience than Jaime, fighting and killing beings with resistance that would put the Mountain to shame... he´s a descendent of elves and men who fought balrogs and cave trolls (bigger than asoiaf giants)... one on one

It´s not even fair by the simple fact one story has more "fantasy" beings and less boundaries...

Jaime is a legendary swordsman, and one of the best ever in Planetos... but Aragorn is something else, his blood grants him superior strength, speed and agility than a normal westerosi human, he stands at 6´6 (prime bob height) and has 3/4 times more battle experience than Jaime, fighting and killing beings with resistance that would put the Mountain to shame... he´s a descendent of elves and men who fought balrogs and cave trolls (bigger than asoiaf giants)... one on one

It´s not even fair by the simple fact one story has more "fantasy" beings and less boundaries...

Well, to be fair, Tolkien never really told us much about Aragorn's combat prowness. We know that he was raised in a martial culture and had decades worth of experience - he was able to stand ground against orcs, trolls, wargs and that sort of stuff. But I don't think he was legendary swordsman or anything - he was a legendary ranger. He fought with sword and bow, was able to survive in wilderness and track his enemies down. But most of all, he is natural leader. He was at first Echtelion's "most important advisor" in Gondor and led a succesful attack to Umbar, burning the pirate fleet. He was also leader of dúnedain of the North and eventually he rallied most of Gondor's southern lords behind his back and arrived to Pelennor Fields with them just in time.

In single combat Jaime probably would be better fighter. Too bad that's only Jaime is good for. If it was about surviving or leading Aragorn would win easily.

Well, to be fair, Tolkien never really told us much about Aragorn's combat prowness. We know that he was raised in a martial culture and had decades worth of experience - he was able to stand ground against orcs, trolls, wargs and that sort of stuff. But I don't think he was legendary swordsman or anything - he was a legendary ranger. He fought with sword and bow, was able to survive in wilderness and track his enemies down. But most of all, he is natural leader. He was at first Echtelion's "most important advisor" in Gondor and led a succesful attack to Umbar, burning the pirate fleet. He was also leader of dúnedain of the North and eventually he rallied most of Gondor's southern lords behind his back and arrived to Pelennor Fields with them just in time.

In single combat Jaime probably would be better fighter. Too bad that's only Jaime is good for. If it was about surviving or leading Aragorn would win easily.

Yup, but too much physicality involved in swordfighting for Jaime to win, skill is just a part of a fight, and in the other areas Aragorn is far superior physically and mentaly...

If this was a game of sword technique fine, but i cannot see Jaime winning this fight (sword or not) unless Aragorn allows it...

And despite Jaime being a legendary swordsman, what Aragorn fought and killed is a superior foe than a legendary swordsman with normal human limitations would ever be, no matter how good his technique is... my opinion

Edit: If Aragorn was depowered to normal westerosi human, then sure Jaime would win... Robert would destroy him, Barristan, Arthur...

Aragorn would be a superior version of Benjen

Eh, no. Jaime is more than just a fighter. For example he was certainly capable of both cutting the Rivermen invading the Westerlands at the Golden Tooth to pieces and then to almost destroy the Riverland hosts outside Riverrun. Jaime is a capable war leader as well. He is perfect, no, but not being perfect does not mean useless.

If Dany and the dragons join, yes. And assuming Robert lived long enough, he might even get to ride one of them. I have this idea that riding a dragon would be the single greatest thrill of his life and he might even name Dany his heir as a thank you. The Demon of the Trident rides again!

Also: Legolas + Dany 4ever! ;)

ETA: I really want to see Tywin and Robb working together to plan the strategy. If those two had been on the same side, there would have been no stopping them.

Valyria rapes.

seeing as the allyied empire was wiped out by a slave rebellion.

while valyrian wizards could quell slave revolts with a flick of the wrist.

admittedly the slave revolt had a couple demi gods helping it.

but still, i doubt that would of worked on valyria, as the slave queen would have been dive bombed by a dragon had she tried.

Yea but I'm talking about Skyrim under the Dragon Cult, not Ayleid ruled Cyrodill. I'm sure if you also granted the slaves of the Freehold a immortal, empire destroying Shezarrine/avatar of Talos like Pelinal or Morihaus they will easily carve up the Valyrian dragonlords like a bunch of mudcrabs. Not to mention the Ayleids were fighting a civil war at the time of the Alessian rebellion and some actively sided with the Cyrodillic slaves and they also got support from Skyrim and High Rock.

I'd still put my money on Merethic Era Skyrim of lore. All in all it comes down to the Dragons. Their dragons are actually sentient and can do more than breath fire. Not to mention unlike Valyrian dragons, if you kill a dragon in Skyrim it will just be brought back to life again unless you are a Dragonborn. Which I forgot to mention... they have world-eating Alduin on their side!

Lads seriously, Aragorns takes Jaime all day. I honestly think jaime is as good if not better then any other warrior in Westeros, including Dayne or Selmy. But Aragorns the best warrior of Middle Earth where everything is "better". Aragorn is older, wiser, more experienced, has the better sword, is stronger and is faster. He took down 5 nazgul. He destroyed the corsairs twice. He stared down Sauron. He didn't get so much as a nick at the Pelennor. Jaime just doesn't stand a chance

In any case, i think westeros could win a few battles, but at most could put Morden under siege at the Morannon and elsewhere, with Gondors help. They could never take Mordor itself though

In battle I think it all depends on the westerosi horse and how they fair. Mordors shock troops like the armoured trolls would reaK havoc on the westerosi lines...generally though men would be better soldiers then the rank and file of the orcs

Lads seriously, Aragorns takes Jaime all day. I honestly think jaime is as good if not better then any other warrior in Westeros, including Dayne or Selmy. But Aragorns the best warrior of Middle Earth where everything is "better". Aragorn is older, wiser, more experienced, has the better sword, is stronger and is faster. He took down 5 nazgul. He destroyed the corsairs twice. He stared down Sauron. He didn't get so much as a nick at the Pelennor. Jaime just doesn't stand a chance

In any case, i think westeros could win a few battles, but at most could put Morden under siege at the Morannon and elsewhere, with Gondors help. They could never take Mordor itself though

In battle I think it all depends on the westerosi horse and how they fair. Mordors shock troops like the armoured trolls would reaK havoc on the westerosi lines...generally though men would be better soldiers then the rank and file of the orcs

I generally agree. But Aragorn is not the best warrior in ME, even at LOTR. He is better than Jaime anyway.

I generally agree. But Aragorn is not the best warrior in ME, even at LOTR. He is better than Jaime anyway.

No not in the history of middle earth but who's better then him at the time of lotr? Boromir? Eomer? Imrahil? Unless you thought I was counting non humans as well, in which case of course there are a number of greater high elves such as Glorfindel

No not in the history of middle earth but who's better then him at the time of lotr? Boromir? Eomer? Imrahil? Unless you thought I was counting non humans as well, in which case of course there are a number of greater high elves such as Glorfindel

yep, I was thinking in non humans.

he was the human who lived longer, so probably the numenor blood run stronger in him than in any other.

Westeros doesn't have the slightest of the chance. It is already corrupt before Sauron raises a finger.

In LotR, we always see kings already corrupt due to corrupting magic in some ways connected to Sauron. The nine are tricked by the nine rings for men. Denethor is also directly under influence of Sauron via Palantir. Theoden is weakened by Grima, who happens to serve Saruman, who happens to be a vassal of Sauron. The one ring is a whole topic that is worth to discuss by itself.

The most likely scenario: Westeros falls to Sauron's influence and serves Sauron before you blink an eye. I think It is pointless to discuss which side would win in a total war quick battle. If you discuss this, I'd advise you to change your reading glasses. You have missed the point of both book series.

Westeros doesn't have the slightest of the chance. It is already corrupt before Sauron raises a finger.

In LotR, we always see kings already corrupt due to corrupting magic in some ways connected to Sauron. The nine are tricked by the nine rings for men. Denethor is also directly under influence of Sauron via Palantir. Theoden is weakened by Grima, who happens to serve Saruman, who happens to be a vassal of Sauron. The one ring is a whole topic that is worth to discuss by itself.

The most likely scenario: Westeros falls to Sauron's influence and serves Sauron before you blink an eye. I think It is pointless to discuss which side would win in a total war quick battle. If you discuss this, I'd advise you to change your reading glasses. You have missed the point of both book series.

It makes for some interesting situations though, I mean, Westeros enters into this strange land known as Middle Earth, prompting Tywin to go into default mode; "send out Gregor and Lorch, burn the fields and crops and slaughter the smallfolk."

Half an hour later the Orcs are standing back and shrugging as the Mountains men are doing their jobs for them, Gregor and Ugluk probably end up quaffing together.

Archived