Teachers are evil: they stole my stuff.

eyenon

Can your parents take stuff away from you? Eg your toys?

Is that theft?

normally they also give them back after a certain time?

Normally its considered Parents not letting their kids run wild. but what do I know?

No, my parent never took anything away from me that I owned and bought with my own money that I worked for.

and besides that, school was never my parent. Even if a stupid law tried to claim it was

Eyenon,

So, if you go to Federal Courhouse and your cell phone is confiscated by a baliff because they aren't allowed there, it's theft?

Can I get it back as soon as I leave?

And I mean back to me, not to a parent or anyone else who is not the owner of my property.

Eyenon,

Last year an attorney brought a phone into court. It went off and was confiscated. When he "demanded his property back" he was told to wait until the end of the roster call. He was then assesed a $500.00 fine for contempt of court and told he could get his phone back when it was paid.

it's not theft if you're getting it back at the end of the day though. they aren't stealing anything, they're CONFISCATING it only to give it back later. if they don't give it back then they're stealing, but i really doubt teachers are in the habit of stealing the hard earned possessions of children.

I opened my payslip today,

I discovered that the govenrment theived some of the money I had worked hard to earn. They called it Tax. But I earnt that money. theyhad no right to take it from me. and I bet they have no intention to give it back. Hell they will probably take some more next week.

I opened my payslip today,

I discovered that the govenrment theived some of the money I had worked hard to earn. They called it Tax. But I earnt that money. theyhad no right to take it from me. and I bet they have no intention to give it back. Hell they will probably take some more next week.

Doesn't this belong on its own thread

Doesn't this belong on its own thread

No. Becaue the goverment legally taxing my earnings is not theiving, not matter how much it feels like it.

simlar to teachers confercating pupils stuff. at least Teachers give it back.

ok so they amy give it back to the parents - Presumably you are there at the time? Big deal. I'm sure your parents then would give it straight back to you - maybe with a don't take this out in class again lecture first.

Eyenon,

Last year an attorney brought a phone into court. It went off and was confiscated. When he "demanded his property back" he was told to wait until the end of the roster call. He was then assesed a $500.00 fine for contempt of court and told he could get his phone back when it was paid.

Yes I agree the judicial system is full of corruption. I've witnessed with my own eyes judges doing way worse things than this.

Taking someone's stuff is stealing no matter how many unpunished examples people can come up with.

My mum accidentally stole something she confiscated once, but I can't remember what it was. Something like a lighter or bottle-opener or maybe a penknife anyway, something a kid shouldn't have had in school, but useful (great story this eh). I just remember she kept it about for years afterwards. Basically she confiscated it in class, stuck it in her pocket, kid never asked for it back, she forgot and took it home, kid still never asked for it back and it just kind of stayed, long after they'd left the school.

If a school legit asks parents to pay to get things returned then yeah, that's bullshit. But confiscation is fine and obviously a necessary tool in the teacher toolbox, and asking parents to come get it isn't out of the question.

Eyenon,

Yes I agree the judicial system is full of corruption. I've witnessed with my own eyes judges doing way worse things than this.

Taking someone's stuff is stealing no matter how many unpunished examples people can come up with.

The court has clearly posted notices that cell phone are not allowed in the courthouse much less in the courtrooms. This attorney's phone then rang disrupting proceedings in the courtroom of a Judge who is notoriously intolerant of cell phones.

How was the attorney not acting contempuously in disrupting the court?

And please stop this lie about "they always give it back" no they dont.

Giving your property back to someone who isn't the owner is NOT returning it.

I'm afraid we are going to have to disagree.

Giving the offending item to the legal guardians of a minor is fullfilling the duties the school as to return the property.

and unless things have changes drastically since I was at school you always got your item back or told when you could get it back if you asked. If you wanted it back sooner you needed your parents.

I do not see this as steeling.

Amateur troll is amateur.

I'm afraid we are going to have to disagree.

Giving the offending item to the legal guardians of a minor is fullfilling the duties the school as to return the property.

and unless things have changes drastically since I was at school you always got your item back or told when you could get it back if you asked. If you wanted it back sooner you needed your parents.

I do not see this as steeling.

So if you visit my house, I inform you that visitors are not allowed to have cell phones in my home.

I take your phone, tell you that you can have it back in 3 weeks, or when Brad Pitt comes to get it for you. Not stealing?

Archived