The People have spoken: Top 5 Most Wanted POV Characters

House Obama

Anyone for a Hodor POV ...

Just kidding.

There is a lot of mysterious characters I would want to know their mind. But I suppose it must remain secret. Characters less secret, I would like to live with: Margaery, Walder Frey (should be fun), Edmure or Roslin, Tormund (fun also). And Val, but I think she is one of the mysterious one.

Old Nan is an enigma? I'm with you on all those other names, but Old Nan?? Frankly I want to hear more about these characters though I do not know whether they deserve/merit their own POV. Besides, half the mystery and curiosity we have about them is because we only know them from one perspective. But why in the Seven Kingdoms do you want to know about Old Nan?

Just saw this. Old Nan knows more than she shares with the Stark children. She's been alive a very long time. She was with the Starks long before Winterfell saw Benjen leave for the Wall and the post-war arrivals of Catelyn, Robb, Jon, Jon's wetnurse, and Maester Luwin. She is incredibly familiar with the Starks and the North and their histories, stories, and legends. However, she has also let slip that she is familiar with King's Landing, from earlier years. Except for the heart tree, Old Nan probably knows more secrets than anyone else. And there are a lot of secrets I want to know about these stories...she might have even been pretty snarky with her inside voice. Hmmm. Just realized from this explanation that my two main drivers appear to be secrets and snark...

I would have wanted POV chapters for Robb, but IMO, had such existed, it would have been best to save them for ASoS. By waiting 'til then to give Robb his own chapters, it would look as if his role in the story were expanding, making the Red Wedding even more unexpected for a first-timer.

Does anyone have a link to GRRM saying he wished he put in a Robb POV? I think I remember reading it, so I'm not denying it's real but I'd like to see his exact wording...

http://www.blastr.com/2013-10-15/george-rr-martin-talks-future-thrones-plots-tv-vs-book-differences

• When it comes to point-of-view characters, if he had it to do over again, Martin says he may have changed it up, mentioning Robb as a character who might have been “sensible” to have as a POV.

Yes, absolutely shocking that a daughter should want to be with her dying father and close to the child most at risk of dying. Totally unbelievable.

Edit:

And why we need to be 'spared' from having such a strong, complex, well thought out female POV character is beyond me.

I agree. The Cat chapters were pretty good. I would have liked a bit more action in the whispering woods but still I enjoyed them and didn't find any of them unbelievable. At first she comes off as a complete bitch with how she acts towards Jon but then when you see her thinking, that she sees him as a threat, you kind of get it, even if it still makes her seem like a bitch.

For me I would like some Blackfish POV. I can't recall a single thing he has done that wasn't utterly awesome. Plus he isn't like a "keyholder" type character with all sorts of mysteries surrounding them. People who said Varys or LF or Jaqen I disagree with as I feel like that would give away too much. I thought the Melisandre chapter would but it really just raised more questions.

I could also go for a Podrick chapter. I think there is a lot going on in that head of his.Still waters run deep and all that. I think that kid has a future (assuming he didn't die on the gallows). He killed a KG knight at what, 12? 14? and has squired for Lanister and Tarth heirs.

Because that POV is annoying and unrealistic.

I think you are confusing Cat's POV with Jon, Dany, Tyrion, and Arya's when discussing unrealistic. Not to mention, the story about a 14 year old super battle genius who repeatedly defeats older and more experienced commanders.

And Robb was not naive, ever.

Yeah, sending out your hostage meant to control a hostile lord because he is your buddy is solid wisdom. Not to mention, breaking an alliance with one of your more powerful lords because you accidentally slept with some random girl.

Robb and Oberyn would be cool. The thoughts of a psychopath like Ramsay aren't that interesting...there is no real logic or sane rationale or justification to what he does...he's just a psycho. Show Robert seemed a lot more interesting. Book Robert was a drunk idiot...not interesting. And neither are the thoughts of a 3 year old.

Uhuuh interesting topic

my top five would be

1.Roose

There are very few things about Boltons we know. Even though someone would say that is more than enough :)

I would like to get into his brain.Though that would take the element of surprise of his schemes for us, book readers, I suppose.

2. Stannis

ughh there is no need to explain this

Stannis ftw

3. Oberyn

quite funny,like his character

4. Tywin

or

5. Kevan

I would really love a Renly POV. I can't tell what his intentions were behind certain acts. He always wears that smug smile, so I wonder if he's actually that shallow and douchey, or if there were deeper motivations to his actions. In particular...

-Why did he dance with Brienne? Did he feel genuine sympathy for her, or was he in on the joke, as his later trash-talking of her would imply?

-Did he feel any remorse at his plan to kill his brother, plus his cousin, nephew, and niece, all of which were innocent children? Did he feel any remorse about starving a city of 500,000 or engaging in a war that would cause thousands of other deaths?

-Would he follow through on his stated intentions to make war on Robb, or would he actually let the North and Riverlands go, recognizing that holding them would be impossible?

-Did he actually love Loras the way Loras loved him?

-What were his thoughts on his family and his wife's family?

Robb - my favorite character.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Margaery - she is such a badass on the show: cunning, ambitious, intelligent, beautiful, competent (most of the time). But I suppose she could be very similar to Arianne/Cersei/Sansa in terms of being a beautiful female close princess/Queen/almost Queen.

Ramsey - he would have be much more interesting. I find him to be too unrelatable and clearly evil with no gray space (from Theon's POV). If we could at least see his motivations, it might not make him more gray, but it would make him seem more human/more well-rounded IMO.

Personally, I'd rather cut POV characters than add more. I'd rather have between 6-10 POV characters and no more.

Girl, you're brutal! I'd cut Hotah, Vic, Aeron and JonCon (sorry, JCRB), and maybe even Brienne and Barristan if push comes to shove, but I'm fine with the rest

Girl, you're brutal! I'd cut Hotah, Vic, Aeron and JonCon (sorry, JCRB), and maybe even Brienne and Barristan if push comes to shove, but I'm fine with the rest

Jon's chapters aren't as bad as the other ones. Also, they move the plot a lot. In two chapters he has done and moved more than Hotah, Aeron, Brienne, Dany and even Stannis combined. Heck, he's figuratively and geographically closer to the Throne than Dany and Stannis.

And it's very funny to read how he speaks ill of pretty much every other single character he talks to or about.

Jon's chapters aren't as bad as the other ones. Also, they move the plot a lot. In two chapters he has done and moved more than Hotah, Aeron, Brienne, Dany and even Stannis combined. Heck, he's figuratively and geographically closer to the Throne than Dany and Stannis.

And it's very funny to read how he speaks ill of pretty much every other single character he talks to or about.

I'll give you that, any character who goes from Volantis to the Stormlands in one chapter earn my love, but I think it could be more interesting to see Aegon and Co. from Arianne's perspective

Archived