MLB 2015: We Heart A-Rod

Myshkin

I'll take two out of three from the Mets and 8 of the last 10. Things aren't as bad as I thought. I wish they had kept Shane Greene though.

Don't forget that three of those wins were against Detroit.

The question isn't ability, its sustainability, I think. If the team can stay reasonably hot and somewhat healthy, I think they can win the division.

Fingers crossed...

So it looks like Wainwright is done for the year with an achilles injury. Damn, tough break.

The real travesty here is that Waino's injury has reignited the stupid NL DH debate.

In other news, it looks like the Hamilton to the Rangers deal is done. Not sure what the final deal looks like, but last I heard the Rangers were gonna take on $7 million, and Hamilton was gonna wave $6 million (a large portion of which would be offset by the fact that there's no state income tax in Texas), leaving the Angels on the hook for $70 million.

And in really lame news Brandon McCarthy probably needs Tommy John surgery. What we really need is designated curveball throwers so that our pitching investments don't strain their elbows on the off-speed stuff.

I expected the NL central to be a really close division like the AL East is now, and for the most part it is, but the Brewers are 5-18 for a .217 win % at this moment. That is some shameful shit.

A-Rod is so trendy right now.

I know everyone loves him, but there's something fishy about that guy.

And in really lame news Brandon McCarthy probably needs Tommy John surgery. What we really need is designated curveball throwers so that our pitching investments don't strain their elbows on the off-speed stuff.

This guy knows what's up. And now Homer Bailey's gotta have Tommy John. Definitely time for both leagues to consider using pitching machines.

Dodger's clubhouse pranksters change Joc Pederson's walk-up music to Hanson's MMM-Bop...

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/05/02/121896340/joc-pedersons-teammates-hijacked-his-walk-up-song-and-changed-it-to-hansons-mmmbop

I don't like this. It suggests that the Dodger's Clubhouse is actually a fun place to be. :frown5:

Dodger's clubhouse pranksters change Joc Pederson's walk-up music to Hanson's MMM-Bop...

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/05/02/121896340/joc-pedersons-teammates-hijacked-his-walk-up-song-and-changed-it-to-hansons-mmmbop

I don't like this. It suggests that the Dodger's Clubhouse is actually a fun place to be. :frown5:

Well of course it is!

Something I think you guys have lacked over the past few seasons. Add clubhouse chemistry to that talent, and you just might have trouble for the rest of the West.

I agree.

One of the secret ingredients has been Juan Uribe. Everything I read says he helps make the clubhouse.

The Homers that have been belted by the team is staggering. 37 of them have been hit do far.

The Homers that have been belted by the team is staggering. 37 of them have been hit do far.

Tied with Houston, of all teams, for the MLB lead. I didn't expect that.

ETA: Take out the brooms. Suck it, Sox.

I agree.

One of the secret ingredients has been Juan Uribe. Everything I read says he helps make the clubhouse.

Remember all those assholes who were shitting on Juan a few years back? Guess those jerks have learned to shut their stupid mouths.

And did you guys see my boy Grandal with his walk-off HR in the 13th? Told you that was a good trade!

Tied with Houston, of all teams, for the MLB lead. I didn't expect that.

ETA: Take out the brooms. Suck it, Sox.

Also, yeah suck it Sawks! It's funny how they've become more hateable than the Yanks.

Remember all those assholes who were shitting on Juan a few years back? Guess those jerks have learned to shut their stupid mouths.

And did you guys see my boy Grandal with his walk-off HR in the 13th? Told you that was a good trade!

What? Huh? ?

You and I have always been very pro Juan.

Grandal (Who in my mind I call grendel or gandalf) can hit the ball! The last hitting catcher in blue since Paul Loduca!

For me, the most amusing thing of the season so far is that there were no games in 5 years that ended with runners getting hit with the batted ball, and then both the Giants and Dodgers games ended that way yesterday. You can't predict baseball. :P

I remember when I was excited the Astros were moving the AL West. I thought it would be an extra handful of win the Mariners could use to cease their cellar dwelling ways... Those were good times, now there is only pain.

Archived