Melisandre's Words About Arya

Renee Sansa

Melisandre: I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes eyes youll shut forever.

I don't know has this been asked, but what do you think it means? I honestly have no idea, I mean I do have ideas, but they're as crazy/stupid as the apendix (well that was a nice comparison..!)

Melisandre: I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes eyes youll shut forever.

I don't know has this been asked, but what do you think it means? I honestly have no idea, I mean I do have ideas, but they're as crazy/stupid as the apendix (well that was a nice comparison..!)

"Eyes you'll shut forever."

As they say, Arya gonna kill. And in the process, close a lot of eyes.

"Eyes you'll shut forever."

As they say, Arya gonna kill. And in the process, close a lot of eyes.

Hey, you're actually right! I never though about it that way, I thought it meant her changing faces like John Suburbs said, but it sound it like it has more to it. Maybe those eyes are the eyes of people listed in her 'prayer' and that's why they're different and she'll close them!

She'll kill many people. Thats it. More interesting is, that Mel says they will meet again!

That implies that both will survive till then and probably meet in Westeros.

And if you ask me, Mel seems to be somewhat disturbed by what she sees in Arya - so maybe

(big maybe) she will meet her death at Arya's hands.

Arya is going to kill a lot of people. Hopefully Freys.

What is more interesting is the promise they will meet again. TV show Mel has blue eyes right? With Mel creeping on Jon, eyeing him for a Gendry-ing she's really going for her place on Arya's list. Buying guy Arya is crushing on as basically a slave who Arya knows will be hurt, trying to seduce her beloved brother, burning people alive..could she see Arya coming with a different face?

What's really weird about that scene, is they seem to take great pains to zoom the shot in on Melisandre's face after she says it, really highlighting the blues of her eyes and lingering there for a while.

Oh and then of course the scene ends with Mel saying "We will meet again."

I know book Melisandre has red eyes, but did anyone else feel like this scene was just SCREAMING "Ayra's going to kill Mel".

(edit: and then I read the other replies and realised, yes, other people do feel this way haha.)

Melisandre and Arya will be set up as champions of opposing views on life and death - Melisandre will be shown to believe that bringing people back to life is a gift, while the Faceless Men regard death as a gift and resurrections as a crime against the Many Faced God. Arya Is becoming an adept of giving the Gift (it's an episode title, right? SO EXCITED if that means what I think), and I think that's what Melisandre saw in her eyes, which terrified even her. They're being set up as anathema to one another.

Melisandre and Arya will be set up as champions of opposing views on life and death - Melisandre will be shown to believe that bringing people back to life is a gift, while the Faceless Men regard death as a gift and resurrections as a crime against the Many Faced God. Arya Is becoming an adept of giving the Gift (it's an episode title, right? SO EXCITED if that means what I think), and I think that's what Melisandre saw in her eyes, which terrified even her. They're being set up as anathema to one another.

Nicely stated. :)

:agree: I wouldn't rule out Jon's involvement in this.Jon is Arya's dear brother and Mel/Jon relationship will most likely play a big part towards the end.

Basically Arya becomes a faceless woman, kills a lot of people and shuts their eyes etc etc etc

As for meeting again, I basically think this means they will somewhat "compete" for Jon Snow, obviously Arya cares for Jon Snow and vice versa and there's some subtle hints they are actually in love with eachother so Arya will seek to protect Jon from the machinations of Mel

Show seemed to be articulating this dynamic through Gendry at the time of the scene, this could be a mixed adaption again, as I expect Arya (or rather Nymeria) will seek to protect Gendry from Sansa when Sansa sends Sandor Gravedigger to hunt him down,

This dynamic is hinted at in terms of Robert ordering Lady's death which points to upcoming conflicts firstly between Sansa and Mya Stone regarding control of the Vale and then later this will extend to Gendry in order to eliminate any threats in the RL. There's a line in the books about Nymeria ripping apart heaps of hunting dogs that had tracked her down to her lair when the pack first started appearing

You... I like you! Yes, yes, yes, yes; Rhllor (or whatevar it's spelled xD) on one and The Many Faced God on the other in forms of Melisandre and Arya! But somehow I too do think Mel saw her own death in Arya's eyes.

Archived