Storylines in this episode

It seems like there should be a Tommen scene in the episode "kill the boy", especially after he learned so much of the world while failing to set Loras free. I'd love to see him ask Cersei about his father, especially since he was painfully faced with the rumors last episode.

But it does make sense to keep up the Dany and Jon parallels by showing their grief at losing father figures in the same episode.

But there will also be a Dany / Sansa parallel as Sansa gets to know Ramsay and Dany agrees to marry Hizdahr to end the violence. Two women dealing with marriages they really don't want.

Varamyr was cast; could he be Jon's unexpected ally? Varamyr could give Jon intelligence on the Wildling plight at Hardholme. And if Jon is going to learn to warg, it would be good if he hung out with a warg.

In the books there is any hint of Tyrion ever getting it after he fell in?

They are making a very big deal of it so it must have an impact on the story.

No. He was bathed and treated by the wife of the captain on the ship. He tested himself everyday but there's no sign. I think that will be one of his crosses to bear throughout the series. Do I have it or not?

No threat to him. He's Brienne's sounding board and as long as they're off alone, they're safe.

Only if LS & BwoB show up. That's unlikely to happen. If does, would be in last episode.

Then Trystayne survives--for now.

Didn't D+D confirm that LS is definitely cut from the TV show? I recall reading an article where they said that they didn't feel it fit the storyline and that she was not going to make an appearance.

I am cautiously optimistic for Sansa's WF arc, but Brienne's whole "Sansa's in danger, even if she doesn't realize it" makes me kinda worried about how they plan to let this play out.

Sansa escaped the vipers' nest of King's Landing with a FOOL... she doesn't need you Brienne! You wouldn't even talk to her at the wedding, so why are you obsessed now with helping her?! Without LSH, I wish you would just row a boat your way off the show..

Episode #45: Kill the Boy

Dany (Emilia Clarke) makes a difficult decision in Meereen. Jon (Kit Harington) recruits the help of an unexpected ally. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) searches for Sansa (Sophie Turner). Theon (Alfie Allen) remains under Ramsays (Iwan Rheon) control.

My guesses:

Dany - Decides to open the fighting pits. I wonder if it could also be a Hizdahr marriage proposal that she has to consider?

Jon - Allies himself with Tormund. Doesn't seem unexpected, but maybe by show standards it is? Considering Mance got burned, and Jon had taken Tormund prisoner in the battle for Castle Black? That could be enough to make it appear unexpected to the casual viewer.

Brienne - Arrives with Pod in the vicinity of Winterfell, maybe some bantering between then on why Sansa could possibly be at Winterfell and how to get inside to rescue her from the Boltons/LF.

Theon - Has to prove he's Reek and that he knows his name. I think Myranda tries to be possessive of Ramsay or makes a move to say why are you interested in Sansa when you have me? Ramsay doesn't like it, it bores him, and he lashes out at her, probably with Theon's help/or Theon in attendance.

Don't count on it...if Aemon dies, we'll get something like "Jon, I thought I was a Stark". Par for the course of bastardizing great writing for the show.

Why would anyone care if we get that on the tv show? Most viewers would be like wtf does that even mean? Nobody knows who or what Egg is. It's never even been brought up.

why in the seven hells would Tyrion and Jorah go from Volantis to The Sorrows if Jorah's goal is getting to Meereen? D&D must have done great at geography at school... :bang:

*lol* And you were not very good at listening I figure?

There is no Sorrows in the show, it's been changed to the ruins of Valyria. Stannis mentions it.

I'm really curious to see what they do with the Ruins of Valyria. I dont think they'll make it as if they pass through the heart of the Doom, but in the general area, and from the few images so far, it really looks creepy !

As for the unexpected ally, well... It's gonna be a Wall heavy episode :

My guess is that Jon's gonna have a last talk with Stannis and Mel about Sansa in Winterfell and Mel will promise Jon to look after her. Would make sense that the new has leaked to the Wall by now, Roose Bolton will wish the North to know he's got a Stark.

Then Stannis and co will depart. Jon will have a talk with Tormund about the wildlings (maybe some will leave with Stannis). And even later, we'll have Aemon's death.

That makes for quite a lot of screentime at the Wall, but I can see it happening, with the second main focus being on Winterfell and Meereen.

It appears as there will be no King's Landing nor Braavos in this episode, so other than the three locations above, the only fourth location on this episode will be Jorah and Tyrion meeting the Stone Men.

Will make for quite a good episode imo, really looking forward !

I'm really curious to see what they do with the Ruins of Valyria. I dont think they'll make it as if they pass through the heart of the Doom, but in the general area, and from the few images so far, it really looks creepy !

As for the unexpected ally, well... It's gonna be a Wall heavy episode :

My guess is that Jon's gonna have a last talk with Stannis and Mel about Sansa in Winterfell and Mel will promise Jon to look after her. Would make sense that the new has leaked to the Wall by now, Roose Bolton will wish the North to know he's got a Stark.

Then Stannis and co will depart. Jon will have a talk with Tormund about the wildlings (maybe some will leave with Stannis). And even later, we'll have Aemon's death.

That makes for quite a lot of screentime at the Wall, but I can see it happening, with the second main focus being on Winterfell and Meereen.

It appears as there will be no King's Landing nor Braavos in this episode, so other than the three locations above, the only fourth location on this episode will be Jorah and Tyrion meeting the Stone Men.

Will make for quite a good episode imo, really looking forward !

My guess is Tyrion and Jorah will have a talk about Dany and get Tyrion up to speed on her. They will possibly encounter Stone Men as the preview suggests, and finally ending in Tyrion finally seeing a real, live dragon.

I think Mel will try a different approach to get Jon on her side since the seduction didn't work, and try to offer him Sansa as a gift (As she does what Jon thinks is Arya in the books). Although honestly, for it to be Sansa, it has slightly less effect since Jon and Arya were very close while Jon and Sansa were at best politely friendly.

I find it strange to have Aria missing for two straight episodes, though following her around as she sells clams and overhears meaningless secrets isn't exactly riveting.

Well, we do know that there is an uncomfortable scene in which Sophie says the crew on the set had a very difficult time watching/filming with her in it and Theon was there and Ramsay as well. I assumed it was the infamous bedding ceremony from the tales of Jeyne Poole. I have not heard directly from Sophie Turner interviews where she definitely says she did no nudity. I did read that she was asked and she "shrugged and giggled" and said D&D still see me as the 12-13 year old they casted years ago" Now, that is not exactly a denial. Does anyone know of an interview where she emphatically says she is not nude at all this season? I will feel much better if she is not because I do not want to see it. However. I have been speculating that the scene is coming up in the next episode and I think I know what it is. It will be horrifying to Theon and the crew and shock us if I am right but Sansa will still keep her virginity, atleast past this episode.

My guess is Tyrion and Jorah will have a talk about Dany and get Tyrion up to speed on her. They will possibly encounter Stone Men as the preview suggests, and finally ending in Tyrion finally seeing a real, live dragon.

I think Mel will try a different approach to get Jon on her side since the seduction didn't work, and try to offer him Sansa as a gift (As she does what Jon thinks is Arya in the books). Although honestly, for it to be Sansa, it has slightly less effect since Jon and Arya were very close while Jon and Sansa were at best politely friendly.

I find it strange to have Aria missing for two straight episodes, though following her around as she sells clams and overhears meaningless secrets isn't exactly riveting.

Or Mel will be wrong like in the books and thinks Ramsay's wife is Arya. Maybe she'll see a dark haired Stark girl in her flames and thinks it's Arya.

Or Mel will be wrong like in the books and thinks Ramsay's wife is Arya. Maybe she'll see a dark haired Stark girl in her flames and thinks it's Arya.

good guess, she will tell Stannis and or Jon and Stannis will march imed.

Well, we do know that there is an uncomfortable scene in which Sophie says the crew on the set had a very difficult time watching/filming with her in it and Theon was there and Ramsay as well. I assumed it was the infamous bedding ceremony from the tales of Jeyne Poole. I have not heard directly from Sophie Turner interviews where she definitely says she did no nudity. I did read that she was asked and she "shrugged and giggled" and said D&D still see me as the 12-13 year old they casted years ago" Now, that is not exactly a denial. Does anyone know of an interview where she emphatically says she is not nude at all this season? I will feel much better if she is not because I do not want to see it. However. I have been speculating that the scene is coming up in the next episode and I think I know what it is. It will be horrifying to Theon and the crew and shock us if I am right but Sansa will still keep her virginity, atleast past this episode.

Well, according to this interview, she seems pretty cool with nudity in the context of the show:

"Game of Thrones" star Sophie Turner thinks that there's nothing wrong about the existence of nude scenes on the hit HBO show, considering the fact that the epic fantasy drama is set in the medieval times.

"I think, on 'Game of Thrones' -- as much as some people would like to disagree with me -- it's all very necessary, says the 18-year-old British actress, who plays Sansa Stark on the series.

"I mean, women in those times -- medieval times -- didn't really have a huge say in the world. They couldn't manipulate that well through their power because they didn't have a huge amount," she explained. "I think one of the main ways that women can use what they have is through sex. They can really manipulate people through men's desires, and the same vice-versa, so I think it is quite necessary that they show that aspect."

Take that as you will.

Archived