Storylines in this episode

I'm still hopeful that the ally is Brienne. She should have reached the North by now, and she's talking to someone about the danger Sansa is in. Pod already knows the situation, so it could be Jon she's talking to. Yet Mel and Brienne at the Wall at same time..maybe she's just talking to Pod.

So, from the preview and synopsis, it seems fair to say that the storylines that will skip this episode are :

- Braavos.

- Dorne.

- King's Landing.

Yeah, it seems it's gonna be one of those rare KL-free episodes.

Sounds like it will be Winterfell heavy.

And with E6 being likely Dorne-heavy, I'm confident it will skip this one. Time for Jaime and Bronn to ride to the Water Gardens.

Oh shit yes !!!

I was wondering if the Stone Men would show up this episode or later.

Makes sense since Jorah and Tyrion run into slavers in episode 6 (as the synopsis says). Episode 5 is the only moment for them to show up. I thought initially that the only important stuff that would happen with them this episode would be Drogon's sighting but with the Stone Men in play, we're gonna have a neat Jorah / Tyrion sequence next week !

Im really disappointed that Arya is missing yet another episode (from the looks of things. Not in synopsis or preview)

Do the writers just not care for the character/storyline anymore? If she misses next weeks episode then she would have only been in 2 of the first 5 episodes. She had an 'off season' last year where she missed episodes simply because they were waiting til the end of the season to have her travel to Braavos. Now that she is there, she should be getting more screentime/episodes than she is

She actually has a decent amount of content left in the books whereas others have already moved past their book storylines, but even if she didn't have much to do, they could easily make content up for her. Sansa's storyline this season has been madeup for the show. Brienne (who has already been in more episodes than Arya) has been given a new storyline. Why do they have no problem creating scenes for Sansa/Tyrion/Dany etc but don't do the same for Arya? Sansa is one of my favourite characters but it seems obvious that David and Dan are playing favourites and giving her more to do than Arya (again, Arya has plenty left in the books whereas Sansa doesn't. Why couldn't they just give Sansa an 'off season' to build to next year and let Arya shine this season?)

If she isn't in episode 5 then that means that they have to fit a lot into the last five episodes of the season (assuming she doesn't miss another episode). She needs to train. They need to introduce the face changing aspect which shouldn't be a throwaway moment. They could have included the bits where she is sent to spy on the old man and kill him with the poisoned coin. She needs to kill someone and go blind as punishment. She has plenty to do yet they are giving others more screentime

I was really hoping that this would be a big season for Arya but it seems like they are just giving her the Bran treatment.

I really really hope that is a Stone man. I don't care if its not the Sorrows since it will still be awesome.

Presumably Stannis and Sam interact this episode, given Sam's actor said something about Stannis emasculating him, and this will be their last chance.

Hopefully Maester Aemon and Mel are there too.

Archived