Dating 25, It's Not You, It's Me

Kelli Fury

OMG Quorra!!! I'm sorry but that's kind of HILARIOUS in how much of a bloody DISASTER it was...WOW!

Glad you kicked them out and you're OK though, despite it sounding funny as an outsider I can imagine the actual reality was decidedly NOT fun and would maybe scare me a bit with two drunk, obnoxious men in my house.

Glad you're OK!!!

Admit it, the Bane impression finally won you over didn't it?

Epic story. :lol:

He was actually a really good kisser, very tender. But I warned him that if he did the Bane voice again, even once, the kissing would end. He promised. He tried like the dickens to get more action but I kept it PG-13. I am moderately concerned that he knows where I live. I don't want to be falling asleep one night and hear a muffled "No one cared who I was until I put on the mask" from outside my window.

My consolation prize is the amusing story. I am so mad at Tinyeyes, I can't even believe I was nervous about this weekend and thinking it would be romantic. I feel like an idiot!

Tears of Lys: Lesson Learned! It was drugs indeed, possession of marijuana, and a stolen vehicle.

This is what kills me. Tinyeyes was being such a monster of a dunderhead that he actually made Banevoice/Hayektat look good. I told him as much.

That is equal parts hilarious and awful, with a side serving of nerve-wracking. In future, maybe don't take strangers who have literally just got out of prison back to your house? :stunned: I'm glad you're okay and can see the funny side!

I should have left them both at the bar and told them to call a cab. I really should have. Tinyeyes had his car at my house, though, so I thought at least Banevoice would sober up in a couple of hours enough to drive them both away, away, far away from me. I wasn't thinking clearly. I've known Tinyeyes for so many years, which is stupid of course - that doesn't insure against anything.

Also... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Banevoice was totally jerking off in your shower, lol.

That would certainly have fit right in with the nature of the evening's activities.

So I think the Englishwoman I mentioned dared me to ask her out today. I shaved my beard over the weekend and we crossed paths and I mentioned that I hoped we'd cross paths so I get her input. She said I looked good but I always look good.

I hope you went for it.

And if you didn't, rectify that situation at once!

Well I have to handle this just right. She's an attorney and I'm on the exact opposite of the spectrum at work. I don't want to come off as presumptuous.

Let's assume she's not a man-eating alien in disguise, and let's also assume she's not a teasing ditz who's just messing with you - because it sounds like she's putting out the clear green light, the welcome sign, saying "I'm interested!" It is so easy to be coldly polite and civil without sending mixed messages and she's being warm and flattering. She said you look good! Why would anyone ever say that if they didn't A. have to, or B. mean it. She may even think you're not interested in her, and she could be feeling hesitant for the same reasons that you are.

A-MPhil, let me feed you the line. "Hey, would you like to go for a drink on Friday?" And figure out which bar/restaurant you'd like to go to beforehand.

Quorra, I'm glad you got a good story out of the weekend.

There is no way she'll think I'm not interested. I replied with "So do you.", instead of my usual "thank you for the nice compliment."

To summarize, you're confident she is interested, and you have expressed that you share that interest.

Sooo.......why haven't you scheduled a date yet?

Quorra, your story made me snort. Thank you! :D

Good luck, AMP - go for it. The worst that can happen is she says no.

Meanwhile, I still hide out, garden, and play with my dog. Thanks, thread, for putting up with me. I watched an Amy Schumer episode over the weekend where she and two pals come up with the perfect man, a'la Weird Science. I suppose I'm holding out for this. If I could just combine Larry the Imp, Xray, Lily V., and RAWMILKMIKE with a little dash of Xodes/ToL and Gillio thrown in, I would do it. (Funny, smart, animal loving, puts up with my goober jokes)

I'll test it out over the next week or so and let y'all know if I'm successful. :D Amy's didn't work out so well. It looked like a melted Tony Soprano with the private parts blurred out.

Tinyjerkeyes just updated his facebook page that he had the "best way to spend a weekend, kicking it with old friends, getting crazy" so this was his interpretation of the events. I think I am done with that mess.

Archived