Olly [Book Spoilers]

I don't think Alliser Thorne is going to be a part of it. It's not going in the sense of what they're doing with his character.

My bet is on Othell Yarwyck, Dolorous Edd and MAYBE Olly.

And maybe that third guy who's sitting at the command table alongside Jon, Thorne and Yarwyck. Anyone has any idea who that guy could be? He seems too young to be Bowen Marsh...

Yes I agree. It looks like they are making Throne have a change of heart. Almost like Throne could be the one to intervene on behalf of Jon.

I just checked the Wiki, and the third officer alongside Jon is indeed Bowen Marsh. So my guesses change to Bowen, Edd and maybe Olly stabbing Jon.

Maybe Olly?

Maybe Olly?

I'm not sure about Olly in the sense that I think he will be involved in the assassination somehow, but not stab Jon. He will likely repent and not stab him, and if he does, he will hesitate first.

I know that's a bit too much for a "maybe"

I don't think Olly is going to be doing anything stabby stabby. More likely he is the person who gets help.

Jon does not get stabbed for helping the wildings, he gets stabbed for breaking his Nights Watch vow. Olly might not understand the need to rescue the wildings but he would understand rescuing a sister better than keeping a vow he hasn't taken.

You misremember :cool4: . He was almost never "respectful", at least once it became clear Jon was going to help the wildlings. He outright accused Jon of treason when Jon decided to allow the wildlings through the Wall.

Thorne has shown much more respect so far at least, although I imagine that's a function of Jon's relatively smart (politically speaking at least) decision to appoint Thorne as lead ranger.

Still though I feel it's no more than what Alliser Thorne has shown in the scene when Jon announces his decision. Thorne looks disgusted.

I think it'd be a lot more powerful if Olly were to be one who went to Jon's aid after being stabbed, as it shows more character and depth to Olly, rather than just being a pissed off little kid.

Hearing him talk about his family and town just reminded me of a line from Guardians of the Galaxy (i know, completely related, right?) where Rocket tells Drax "soooo what if Ronan killed your wife and kid, EVERYBODY has lost someone, that doesn't mean you should take everyone else down with you." or something along those lines.

I think if Olly ends up helping stab Jon, it'll come off as predictable, cheesy, and straight up lazy (and laughable).

I'm also crazy pissed about how they're turning Edd into just another Night's Watch brother.

I just checked the Wiki, and the third officer alongside Jon is indeed Bowen Marsh. So my guesses change to Bowen, Edd and maybe Olly stabbing Jon.

If Edd is one of the ones to stab Jon, I will die a little inside!

But Olly, yes, a sure thing in my book. Right now his anger/hatred of the Willings is what's holding him together after witnessing the cruel murder of his parents and the Thenn's promise of eating his parents for dinner that night. Justified anger, I think, but blind in that it's keeping him stuck in a one-dimensional understanding. Maybe that's all that would be realistic for an 8 year old boy in his situation, though.

I think Aliser Thorne is likely to be one of them, and I'm just not sure who else. Janos is gone, Bowen Marsh did lose to Jon in the election and likely has quite definite - and different - ideas about what the next step should be, but I'm just not sure how many others of the Nightwatch tv viewers know well enough to single out.

This whole scenario, however, does remind me of how much I miss Ghost. I've come to appreciate most of what Dan and David have changed in order to make the tv series 'work' in only 10 episodes per season, but if there's one grudge I hold, it's ignoring those magnificent dire wolves!!!

Won't it damn ironic we all are predicting ollie, but what if ollie isn't one of them that will be a shocker. What if ollie is just a witness hahaaaaaaa and runs to Thorne to help jon. Two people we thought would hurt Jon but instead try to help Jon and avenge his death. I think that would be an interesting twist. We know ollie is upset and angry and feeling betrayed it is not going to be that shocking for him to pull the knife out, it would be more of a surprise if he wasn't the traitor.

Sam is not going to be around to stand up for Jon he will be gone to citadel. No maester Aemon no sam Jon is a goner.

Won't it damn ironic we all are predicting ollie, but what if ollie isn't one of them that will be a shocker. What if ollie is just a witness hahaaaaaaa and runs to Thorne to help jon. Two people we thought would hurt Jon but instead try to help Jon and avenge his death. I think that would be an interesting twist. We know ollie is upset and angry and feeling betrayed it is not going to be that shocking for him to pull the knife out, it would be more of a surprise if he wasn't the traitor.

Sam is not going to be around to stand up for Jon he will be gone to citadel. No maester Aemon no sam Jon is a goner.

Is it clear that Aemon and Sam are leaving?

Yeah, but that isn't how the show rolls. They had everyone and their brother talking about GREYSCALE...and now Jorah has GREYSCALE. Olly has been giving dirty looks every time the "free folk" are mentioned, and he just flipped out over Jon's idea, this is the show's idea of foreshadowing, clunky as it is. Just like now everyone is talking about OLDTOWN, so we can safely guess that Sam is going to OLDTOWN, and that this most proably means that Euron will show up next season, we will know this for sure if people start talking about the GREYJOYS and mentioning his name in the last couple episodes of this season.

He is totally going to stab Jon.

Ollie, Allistor and Dolorous Edd are going to do it :(

yea this makes the most sense. since jon looks like he will be going to hardhome he will probably make thorne acting commander. having bowen marsh who has barely been seen throughout the series doesn't have the same effect as thorne doing it. and olly will be the last one while he is crying.

Yeah, it would be brilliant if Thorne went nuts on those who stab Jon. I think it doesn't necessarily show that he likes Jon any better, just that you don't go around stabbing your Lord Commander.

They should have just quit fucking around, and had Aemon say:

"Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Kill the boy named Olly. If you don't he will stab you in the back."

"He will stab you in the back, and then nod. Nod that fucking smug little nod."

Archived