[Spoilers All] What do you think Season 5 has spoiled for book readers?

Lord Godric

I'm not sure how much of ASOIAF is really used by HBO, after all their deviations. Yes, they removed LSH, fAegon, Euron and much. But it is not an evidence they are unimportant.

They removed Jon Con, but kept the greyscale. Not a spoiler, but a confirmation it will spread in Westeros.

The situation seems to become very bad for Daenerys in Meereen, worse than in ADWD. Not really a surprise either. It is still too early to tell how bad it will evolve. But I think it is evidence of bad news for Daenerys' team. Her possible invasion force of Dothraki, Unsullied, Ironborn and Red priests should be very unpopular. With Barristan's death Daenerys lose her last popular figure in Westeros.

Littlefinger marching to clean up the Bolton/Stannis battle seems like the most plausible one to me so far. It gets the Vale involved in the story, and perhaps brings Sansa to Winterfell as was done in the show.

not happened yet, and seen as it is littlefinger's word to cersei that we're based on - it may well never happen.

Myranda Royce is important enough to survive Sansa being transplanted into the Winterfell arc. And her jealousy may turn violent.

Completely different character, just so happens to share the same name. Myranda in the books is friendly and bubbly (and awesome), certainly not a psychopath. We don't seen even a hint of jealousy from her.

not happened yet, and seen as it is littlefinger's word to cersei that we're based on - it may well never happen.

Littlefinger is smart enough to understand that with Tywin dead, Kevan gone, and Cersei pissing her Tyrell allies, and Dorne too, her grip on power will not last. I suppose he should also understand that with Ramsey, the Bolton will loose their allies soon enough to rally Stannis. So my guess: for now, Littlefinger as usual keeps all his options open.

Completely different character, just so happens to share the same name. Myranda in the books is friendly and bubbly (and awesome), certainly not a psychopath. We don't seen even a hint of jealousy from her.

We definitively do see a hint of jealousy from her in the Alayne sample chapter.

We definitively do see a hint of jealousy from her in the Alayne sample chapter.

I'd have to reread it. Do you have a quote?

In any case, I don't think Psycho Myranda is in any way supposed to be a stand in for real Myranda.

I think the TV show will go something like this. After Sansa and Theon escape Witerfell, they are captured by Stannis. Theon is sent to Nightwatch. Sansa is sent back to Vale where she will cause Vale to ally with Stannis against Boltons/Iron Throne/Lannisters.

My guess is something similar will happen in the book. Theon is sent or escape to Nightwatch. Sansa will secretly conspire to get Vale to ally with Stannis

It's hard to tell what is going to be spoiled because D&D seem to be taking elements of the books and reworking them to fit their needs. For example, though I am of the opinion that greyscale will have a big impact in some sort of magical or magic-related way in Westeros, it's hard to conclude that Jorah contracting it means the same thing because for all we know greyscale will be replacing the pale mare in the storyline. I'm not saying that maybe it might have the same outcome but it's also not a certainty that it will.

This makes me think of the Rangnarok theory for the books. Like, I think there are clearly many components of the Norse mythological characters in the ASOIAF characters and probably some aspects to the plot and themes. But you can't take Ragnarok and then try to predict exactly what will happen with every character, eg, I don't see how Jaime is Azor Ahai but if you read the Ragnarok theory as a literal transposition then it would have to be so. GRRM is a better writer than that, to just turn Norse mythology into a direct retelling in ASOIAF. It seems to be an inspiration, not a blueprint.

In the same way, D&D are now taking aspects of some characters and plot and including them in the show but with their own twists. Until this season they have mostly been pretty faithful to the books - Jeyne/Talisa is the main big exception I can think of so far. But there are so many re-workings of the story this season, with characters loosely taking the place of other characters and story lines merging, that it seems that for some characters D&D view the source material as something from which to derive inspiration but not as a direct adaptation.

I'm not arguing whether or not this is good bad. I can see how it works and sometimes doesn't. I'm only arguing that it is hard to predict what will happen in the books based on the show. There is a very loose association at best for some of the characters and story lines.

1) Barristan's death (although I think most people assumed this anyway)

2) R+L=J

3) Littlefingers plans for the north

These are the three spoilers in my eyes but I also feel we may well see the outcome of the battle between Stannis V Boltons and also Jon's fate.

Barristan death

but at the end of this season we will have a clear picture about some theories like will MEl try to burn shireen for jon or Stannis ..pink letter is true or fake

what may happen to jon we may get a hint ...there is obviously no ser patrick which can disprove one stupid theory

E6's conversation between Littlefinger and Cersei, combined with Sansa's rape was a huge spoiler

1: TV-LF is making a play on the North, the general plan outline being to mop up whomever wins on behalf of the crown. Of course, we all know that he will then betray them, and having re-acquired Sansa in the process will proceed to be de-facto ruler of the North, the Vale, and probably a good chunk of the Riverlands.

2: Stannis is going to win the Battle of the North

3: Book-LF can make essentially the same play if Stannis wins, revealing Alayne as Sansa as he moves north and out of whatever remains of Lannister/Crown influence.

I think E6 gave us the outlines of Littlefinger and Sansa's TWOW plot.

Further point: TV-Sansa now HATES HATES HATES Littlefinger, and critically he doesn't know it, as the directors have admitted at least twice that LF was in fact clueless about Ramsay and not lying. TV-LF's downfall will come when he places just a little too much trust in Sansa during his Northern play, and she turns the tables on him gets her revenge. While the rape alone is enough reason to motivate her, it is possible that other factors may add in, such as learning about LF's betrayal of her father. Either way, the Savage Giant will fall in the Castle of Snow. I've long felt that this prophecy referred to him and E6 amplified those feelings immensely.

What will be in the books? Again, we need something that would cause Sansa to betray LF, but something he doesn't know about. I don't think a rape by Harry the Heir would push her over the edge, as unlike Ramsay, whom LF pushed on her, Harry is someone she is choosing of her own free will. Therefore, I think the most likely candidate is for Sansa to learn that LF betrayed her father. How would this happen? Well, is there anyone out there that was present at the betrayal, has affections for Sansa, and is not dead yet? Think about it.

S5 E6 was the most exciting episode of the season for me by far, because for the first time in the series, I actually felt spoiled.

Myranda Royce is important enough to survive Sansa being transplanted into the Winterfell arc. And her jealousy may turn violent.

I must have missed something, as I do sometimes. When did we see Myranda Royce at Wintefell? I did not notice that!

Ok I see by other comments that you are confusing Ramsey's girl to Myranda. They are not the same character whatsoever. Maybe they are both jealous of Sansa, pretend to be her friend, and betray her but it would be more of the case of a DIFFERENT character playing out Royce's part. Kind of like Jorah playing out JonCon's grey scale part or Sand Snakes/Ellaria playing out Arrianne's part. But they are not meant to be the same character, not even close.

Archived