[Spoilers All] What do you think Season 5 has spoiled for book readers?

Lord Godric

The truth is really not to believe any rumours or leak of WOW. It is a work in progress, at this moment of time, GRRM can do what ever he want at his own pace. Some chapters that people talk about may not even make the cut at the end, so just be patient and wait for our "Precious" 2016 or 2017 who care?

The show on the other hand "must go on" there is a lot of money involve and they can't wait after the author. But for me the main reason is that D+D did the "artistic" choice not put an entire book (sorry I am too lazy to check which one) but I am remember while reading it, asking myself "how they gonna include this in the show?" The answer came straight at the start of this S05, they did not. There is enough material in the books for a show to last almost forever.... But some parts are not "sexy enough" or "too hardcore(true fans or readers only" or even "missing too many main characters" to be include into popular the TV show like this one.

Now they can still surprise us if they do the same thing GRRM did by splitting the events happening at the same time in two different book, and catch up with WOW for S07 or S08 may be.

It works amazingly well with the books so why not use the same process for the show?

Aren't they doing that to some extent by pushing Euron back to Season 6?

Also if GRRM is serious about an early 2016 release for Winds he must be getting close to finishing the draft copy I would have thought (by that I mean at least 80% finalised).

I'm kinda tired of people equating character's deaths or exclusions in the show meaning that character is meaningless in the books. They're two separate stories with the same basic beginning and endgame. Because insert character here is no longer or never in the show has 0 bearing on their importance in the book. Barristan, Lady Stoneheart, Arianne, Aegon etc. can all have major consequences in the final books without being included in the rest of the show. It's a completely different medium and the inclusion of every character would overly convolute a show which for nonbookreaders is confusing as it is w/ the amount of characters present.

I'm kinda tired of people equating character's deaths or exclusions in the show meaning that character is meaningless in the books. They're two separate stories with the same basic beginning and endgame. Because insert character here is no longer or never in the show has 0 bearing on their importance in the book. Barristan, Lady Stoneheart, Arianne, Aegon etc. can all have major consequences in the final books without being included in the rest of the show. It's a completely different medium and the inclusion of every character would overly convolute a show which for nonbookreaders is confusing as it is w/ the amount of characters present.

Spot on!! There is so much materials in that book, characters and plots that even WOW will not have everyone in it, dead, alive, resuscitated or whatever you want. GRRM will be the first to admit that he created something huge, reason why he needs time, a lot of time...

Nothing.

Who knows what the deviations mean at this point. My biggest concern is that D&D know how grrm plans on ending ASoIaF, how they get there might be different, but both roads lead to the same castle.

I know Grrm has said the endgame will be the same. But IMO the will be the same only in very broad strokes.Drunkenly stumbling through the doorway and storming the castle with an army will both end with you in the castle. One of those casltes will be splatterd in blood, the other in vomit.

Illustration: :cool4: and the face of Mona Lisa are pictures of a smiling face. Does that mean they are the same?

The further we get into Season 5 the more I can't help but think certain plot lines are revealing the book futures of certain characters. I'm thinking mainly of two characters, Brienne and Sansa, because they have drastically different paths in the show and elements of their story lines from the future books seem to have been revealed now.

Is there anything that you think this season has spoiled for us book-readers?

Don't you worry, the season 5 almost has nothing to do with the books

TBH, I don't think much has been spoiled so far, and I don't think it will spoil much by the end of this season. There's still a lot of aFfC/aDwD stuff to do.

The stuff they did "spoil" was kind of "fill in the blanks" for me. Tyrion & Dany meeting was already told to us by GRRM himself.

Heck, some of Season 6 looks like it will show the Iron Islands and Old Town story from aFfC and aDwD. I think the show runners and GRRM have a verbal agreement or something to not let the big spoils out in season 5. But I think Season 6 will be fair game.

I think the show is completely different at this point. This season has shown that the show has to find it's own ground to thrive off of. GRRM hasn't finished Winds of Winter. And hasn't started A Dream of Spring. Yet the show, if it will conclude after 7 seasons, has only two more seasons left after this one. The show and the book series are two different paths that lead to the same ending.

At this point, the only spoilers the show could have given have been towards the plots that haven't been as altered. To me, that seems like Jon Snow at the Wall and Cersei in King's Landing. Maybe Arya as well. Any spoilers will be in the last three episodes.

But I feel that the spoilers that they said would emerge this season will be about the White Walkers. And nothing else.

It has been said that TWOW will venture further north than ever before. I've heard that the show plans to do that this season. So to me, that will be the spoiler.

Tyrion meeting Dany may not be a spoiler, but her reaction to meeting him may be.

Talking about this meeting, that sum up the difference between the book and the show. In the book it was close but is yet to happen, everything is set up, the book just make it More .... Sensual (yes like foreplay).

In the show I was surprised how quick they made that happen, so no surprise why I was a bit frustrated. I still like them both and believe we have the best of both World...

Archived