Consumer complaint board- rants about crap products, service, etc, Welcome here.

DireWolfSpirit

I have never heard of getting a sold out item at the sale price when it's restocked before(or raincheck as you call it) that's not how it works in any of the retail jobs I have had. That's why it's called sold out.

Yeah, aren't sale items usually "while stocks last"?

ETA: Larry

I'm sure having drinks spilled on you is a very unpleasant experience, but at the same time, no matter how careful or attentive you are at your job, you're going to screw up at some point. That's a bonehead move, and probably a more conspicuous and consequential mistake, but that stuff just happens some times.

Oh yeah, I know, and thankfully it didn't happen to me. But this thread brought it to mind, and innocent mistake or not, I would still consider it a reasonable complaint about service in a restaurant.

Felt like ranting about this:

Arranged for a delivery from Amazon to go to my local post office rather than my house, mainly because if i'm out at work they'll just put a card through the door and it'll get sent up to a warehouse on some industrial estate somewhere and it'll be days until I have time to go collect it. So the web site for the Royal mail states the local post office closes at 18:30, great I can leave work early and still have time to get my parcel.

Wrong, their website is crap and list the completely wrong time so I'll miss the closing time each day i'm at work by hours. Basically I now have to wait several days until I am off work to collect an important parcel, and all because I tried to use their "improved services" to make my life easier. Grrrr....

Yep. I thought I won the thread by being the first to mention them.

Well, I woulda mentioned them before you, except my Internet was down.

Seriously though -- several times a week some damn part of Comcast's bloated service platform goes down. I can't access my DVR (because they took it off hard drive and stored it in "the cloud" which is of course is subject to the vagaries of their spotty service), or the Last Channel button doesn't work, or one of the channels I pay extortionate rates for is inexplicably unavailable...

Of course, even getting Comcast service was an odyssey in organizational incompetence. I was setting up first-time service for my house, which was new construction. I did the requisite steps on the website, something like three weeks before we were due to move in, and they said it'd take them a week to determine whether or not they could offer me service. Okay, fine, it seemed odd that they'd need that much time, but I agreed, and they took their week, and told me they could offer me service. Great! I signed up. Told them my move-in date. They told me they could have service set up for me then, and made an appointment.

Move-in date arrived, two weeks later, and no Comcast. Eventually I called them, and they told me they couldn't set up service because there was no network tap on the cable lines by my house, and it'd take them a week to assign someone to do that, and then they could send out someone to give me service. All this despite the fact that I'd told the rep during my initial contact, several times, that this was a new house, new construction, no existing service here ever.

What the fuck was that week they took to determine if they could give me service, if no one bothered to look and see if there was a fucking network tap there? I raised a stink on their Facebook page and some local functionary called me and told me they'd try and get someone to my house the next morning to install the tap, and then they'd set up an appointment to install service. I waited for most of the next morning to pass and then called them to see what my status was. The customer service rep had no way of knowing if any technician had come by to install the network tap. She asked me if I'd seen anyone out there. "I find it strange," I said, "that I have to be the one to tell you what your own technicians are up to. If only you had access to, I don't know, some kind of telecommunications service that allows people to share information quickly and easily."

Eventually we did get our network tap, and the service install went mostly smoothly, except for how the technician tried to talk my wife into re-arranging our TV room because it'd be easier to set up if we moved our new couch to the other side of the room...

Comcast got to its present ridiculous size by gobbling up local cable companies willy-nilly and making slapdash efforts to integrate all the underlying systems. That's why one hand hardly ever has any idea what the other hand is doing. They remind me of that episode of Invader Zim where Zim (an alien invader posing as a human child) hears that the school nurse will be doing inspections soon, and any physical inspection will threaten his cover, because he has no human organs. He tells himself, "More organs equals more human!" and proceeds to steal and devour the organs of a few dozen children, walking around like some bloated, torpid land-whale by the end, literally sloshing with the sheer volume of unnecessary and undigested organs.

This hasn't happened to me but in the spirit of public service I

feel compelled to share it.

PayPal horror stories- http://gizmodo.com/i-cant-afford-not-to-have-that-money-the-worst-paypa-1705854399

A snippet from article:

Yesterday, PayPal agreed to pay customers $15 million for ripping them off over the past few years. After I wrote about it, reader horror stories started flooding my inbox and comments.

Here are some of the worst cases of frozen funds, scams, and skeevy collection agencies:

Secret credit lines

I made a five dollar purchase on my steam wallet with my PayPal account one day. Unbeknownst to me, PayPal had magnanimously given me a credit line and made that credit line my default payment account.

Five months later, I got a call from a collection agency. I was over 90 days past due on my account, according to the man on the phone, and I had to pay now. Well I called Paypal to explain that I didnt even know I had a credit account. They would not refund my money or wipe away the late fees.

I ended up paying over 100 dollars on my original 5 dollar purchase just to unlock my Paypal account. But oh wait, according to the moronic Paypal customer service employee, none of this was being reported to credit bureaus at the moment so I should be happy about that.

Yeah, aren't sale items usually "while stocks last"?

ETA: Larry

Oh yeah, I know, and thankfully it didn't happen to me. But this thread brought it to mind, and innocent mistake or not, I would still consider it a reasonable complaint about service in a restaurant.

That really depends on how they handled it afterward.

Mistakes are gonna happen in restaurants, how they deal with those mistakes is where you really find out what kind of customer service they provide.

Mistakes are gonna happen in restaurants, how they deal with those mistakes is where you really find out what kind of customer service they provide.

Yeah, Id be surprised if they didn't at least comp the spilees' meal and drinks,. If there wasn't much of an apology and no comps Is be perturbed.

Yeah, Id be surprised if they didn't at least comp the spilees' meal and drinks,. If there wasn't much of an apology and no comps I'd be perturbed.

How can airlines have seats so close together that a thin woman who is shorter than most men has trouble fitting in the seat (keeping my arms in) and has trouble finding a position where my knees don't touch the seat in front, if it's reclined, no matter whether mine is also reclined?

How can airlines have seats so close together that a thin woman who is shorter than most men has trouble fitting in the seat (keeping my arms in) and has trouble finding a position where my knees don't touch the seat in front, if it's reclined, no matter whether mine is also reclined?

That's terrible.

I've been in quite a few theatres that were horrible seats as well.

Archived