[Book Spoilers] EP506 Discussion

Lets us hope there are no more "intimate" scenes with Ramsay and Sansa, ever again.

This seems to the THE scene that Sophie and Alfie were talking about so I assume it may just be implied (without showing) that she has to suffer through his nightly attentions or he may get bored with her (as brought up by Myranda during the bath) since she's so inexperienced/not reciprocating/not into kink and he may occupy himself with Myranda or others. The difference this time, though, is that he can't get rid of Sansa as he may have "disposed" of others that bored him. Anyway, it seems to me that he's headed out to battle relatively soon so hopefully she can get out of there.

I got a feeling Bronn isn't going to die of the poison, but its used against him to turn against Jaime, and so he pulls a Darkstar on Myrcella. Hotah is now allowed to kill poor Bronn.

I liked a couple stories tonight. I actually found KL to be interesting this episode. LF's return was nice and finally we know his ultimate plan...I think. Margaery being arrested became obvious early in the scene but I can't believe the Kingsguard did not step in. She's the goddamn Queen!

Jorah and Tyrion was another good storyline. Plus we have Mr. Eko involved in it. People are getting too close to touching Jorah's skin. Is he fully contagious yet?

Dorne has felt like a rather clumsy story. It has progressed slowly and I can't stand the Sand Snakes. I wish something happened and Myrcella was captured. But I can see the next part of Dorne being boring.

Sansa...I don't know how to feel. Yes this was part of the books and it seemed likely she would take the place of FArya. I wish they would just cut the scene once it becomes obvious what's about to happen. Is it necessary to see her getting her clothes torn off by that psychopath? Do we have to see her bent over? Why do we have to see that? Just imply that's what's about to happen and cut scene w/brief reaction from Theon. D&D are just creating more controversy by making these scenes unnecessarily worse than they need to be. It felt like a punch to the gut seeing Sansa AND Theon go through this. When I knew what was about to happen I just wanted to turn off the television. To me this was the most painful scene to watch in the entire show. Not the RW, not the Jaime/Cersei rape but this one.

Nobody cares about the Faceless Men at this point. Nobody ever did, let's be honest.

Well I was interested with Arya's part especially when she touched the face which looked eerily like Cat.

Well I was interested with Arya's part especially when she touched the face which looked eerily like Cat.

I was bored. What is the point? And there was literally nothing new other than the last minute. More wiping more wiping...talking...and then faces. Honestly, I may fastforward from now on. It's not worth it. And the Arya actress is terrible.

...just imply that's what's about to happen and cut scene w/brief reaction from Theon. D&D are just creating more controversy by making these scenes unnecessarily worse than they need to be. It felt like a punch to the gut seeing Sansa AND Theon go through this. When I knew what was about to happen I just wanted to turn off the television. To me this was the most painful scene to watch in the entire show. Not the RW, not the Jaime/Cersei rape but this one.

After, "now watch her turn into a woman", zoom into theon's/reek's face as the sound fades out and turns into the closing credits music. Done! I didn't need to see or hear any of it. Alfie's amazing acting alone spoke volumes.

For a moment I thought Sansa was going to pull her stabby necklace out of her sleeve...then no. So sad right now. I hope the episode title has meaning for her, too. I can't help but wonder what George thinks of this. I still have book Sansa at least. The scene, for what it was, was well done. Sophie with the bathtub bravado, but she couldn't quite hide her fear in the end. Alfie Allen is such a great actor, too.

The Dornish scenes were execrable. Hearing the show!Martells speak is like falling down a rocky embankment with a metal bucket on my head. It's all so cartoonish and stupid. The only little detail of note was that Bronn got a scratch on his arm...dun dun DUN!

I was bored. What is the point? And there was literally nothing new other than the last minute. More wiping more wiping...talking...and then faces. Honestly, I may fastforward from now on. It's not worth it. And the Arya actress is terrible.

It honestly wasn't that bad, I do understand the criticism though. If the Arya scenes were a full length feature film than these scenes would all fit and be necessary, but being that only so little time can be devoted to Arya you'd think they try to focus on the important stuff. like her survival skills kicking into gear in the streets and her green-seering beginning to surface.

They don't need to have repeat scenes, that's for sure. The viewer should get by now that Arya is being forced to do menial tasks as she acclimates to this cult, we don't need repeat scenes when the time could be used wiser.

Also, I have no problem with the actress. She's actually how I visualize Arya in the books now and I don't really know many actresses that age that could play that dialogue straight and make it actually work.

Yeah. This isn't even all out of line with what he does in the books. The only difference is that it's Sansa. In fact the books were worse. It just wasn't Sansa.

Time to start a twitter campaign #lowbornlivesmatter

It is like everyone was so relieved to find out it was "just" the miller's boys who were burned instead of the Stark brothers. Of course the main reason for that callousness to lowborn characters stems from the fact that they are not central characters, so we have no sympathy with them. My feeling is that this focus will shift towards the end of the books and series, when the smallfolk become increasingly central and our focus shifts from the trials and tribulations of the noble folks, to those down there who actually do get raped and fucked over on an even more tragic scale.

-And why is Sansa so mean to Theon? This just makes her annoying and spiteful. On top of that it prevents the best part of Theon's ADWD story: his tragic bonding with Jeyne and the comfort these two tortured souls find together. But nope, we get this banal nonsense instead.

Why would Sansa bond with the man who murdered her brothers?

It honestly wasn't that bad, I do understand the criticism though. If the Arya scenes were a full length feature film than these scenes would all fit and be necessary, but being that only so little time can be devoted to Arya you'd think they try to focus on the important stuff. like her survival skills kicking into gear in the streets and her green-seering beginning to surface.

They don't need to have repeat scenes, that's for sure. The viewer should get by now that Arya is being forced to do menial tasks and she acclimates to this cult, we don't need repeat scenes when the time could be used wiser.

Also, I have no problem with the actress. She's actually how I visualize Arya in the books now and I don't really know many actresses that age that could play that dialogue straight and make it actually work.

I bet there were tons of better actresses auditions. And they picked a person who is absolutely terrible for the part. Which sucks, since I love the character. Oh well.

I just don't get the point in making us all believe Sansa was getting a backbone and then turning her into a victim that needs to be rescued yet again.

That said, w00t for Tyrion and Jorah thinking on their feet and working together to outwit the slavers.

The Sand Snake fight scene screamed Mightly Morphin Power Rangers to me. I cringed.

I like Arya's storyline and being more clear on exactly what it means to be "no one". It's a ... lie.

Cersei better get arrested soon.

Archived