Favorite minor show characters

Stonehearted Snake

I saw a similar thread in the ASOIAF book forum and thought maybe I would start one here, to try to get a little more positivity happening (I just cannot read about "that scene" anymore!).

My favorite minor character in this season so far is Qyburn. Anton Lesser is perfect. He captures all the creepiness while still seeming strangely grandfatherly. His smile when Pycelle freaked out when he took his seat at the Small Council table was priceless. And his delivery of the "It doesn't matter" line to the High Septon is one of the funniest moments to me this season.

In Season 1, my favorite was the Great Jon. I loved his snarling "YOUR MEAT..." and then his laughing "...is bloody tough!".

I have to think some more about the other seasons...

(First time submitting a topic here woo!)

All the characters who show that there's still some decency in that world. Shireen, Tri-Pod, the Reeds, Grenn Giantsbane, Hot Pie (after his awkward bully phase), Syrio Forel (times two), Rakharo (who would smoke Nym in whip-to-whip combat), Gilly (who's not as exciting as everyone else on this list, but at least she now knows 'S'; I don't include Sam because he's not minor)... the depravity of the world makes them shine out by comparison.

I generally don't like villainous characters and don't like people who always find them awesome, but the Legend of Gin Alley.

I generally don't like villainous characters and don't like people who always find them awesome, but the Legend of Gin Alley.

I forgot about Karl Tanner!! I agree about villainous characters, mostly because they are pretty one-note. And he probably was too but he was so much fun to watch! It would have worn thin if he was on any longer but he was perfect in the few episodes he was in.

The best minor character so far for me is Walder Frey! He basically stole every scene he was in and there weren't many.

Oh how could I forget him!! Our first introduction to him was priceless - all rubbing on his new young bride and then sloppily kissing Catelyn's hand. And his delivery of "I'll find another," is a classic to me.

My favorite throughout the seasons has to be Syrio Forel. Didn't look at all how I pictured him from the books, but he was just utterly fantastic. More recently, Shireen has been a star in every scene she's been in. They really have a knack for casting child actors, Kerry Ingram rocks.

My favorite throughout the seasons has to be Syrio Forel. Didn't look at all how I pictured him from the books, but he was just utterly fantastic. More recently, Shireen has been a star in every scene she's been in. They really have a knack for casting child actors, Kerry Ingram rocks.

Yes, def another top favorite too. I hadn't read the books yet then so didn't have anything else to compare him to in my head but I loved all of his mannerisms and just his general interactions with Arya. I'll admit it - I'm someone who is hoping against hope that Jaqen = Syrio is true.

The kids are all incredible. Like, has there been even one bad kid (actor not character, of course!) on the show?

I'm trying to find a better place to post this, but as Loras is one of my favorite tertiary characters, this is from Finn Jones on twitter: Finn Jones @FinnJones 20. Mai

I know many of u are dying to ask me questions about season 5.. I'll be around for a @GameOfThrones twitter Q&A on the 22nd @ 2.30PM ES

I don't know if all these characters fit the definition of "minor", but whatevs I'll just go ahead and say Qyburn, Podrick, Salladhor Saan, Gilly, Shireen, Dolorous Edd, Alliser Thorne, Maester Aemon and Tycho Naharis.

Regardless of whether they're actually tertiary/secondary characters, you'll notice most of them are from the Wall plot. That's why I think it's one of the TV show's strongest storylines; because I care about its supporting cast way more than the other place's.

Am I the only one who likes Seaworth? He's the perfect opposite of Stannis but plays his role well. You also get the sense that he's a truly caring person and actually does the right thing... when permitted.

Archived