Anyone Else See the Hill Tribes Coming back

B-rad

Huh? Why are people talking about them as though they're a major threat?

How many of them could there possibly be?

I doubt they are even trained properly like professional soldiers.

As unrealistic as you might think they are, the Clans of the Mountains of the Moon have always posed a threat to the Knights of the Vale. There is a reason why they are still so feared and haven't been assimilated with the rest of the Vale. And this was before the events in AGOT, ACOK and ASOS, when they were divided, hungry and poorly armed.

Now, the Clans are armed with the finest quality Lannister steel. Furthermore, they now also have quite a large core of veterans, men with experience in pitched battles and fighting heavy cavalry. On top of that, it appears that Timett, son of Timett has assumed some position of authority over more than just his own burned men. Aside from the Clans that accompanied him, those that left behind now must follow him because they want a similar pay-off and because they can't really refuse him.

They have never been more dangerous. As you can see from Arya's chapters were they project force far away from the Mountains that house them to succesfully raid settlements in the foothills. If you add the Clan's connection to Tyrion (don't forget his promise to them) and the fact that Timett is probably a cousin of SR and HtH, you can bet your life on them making some kind of impact in the Vale storyline.

As unrealistic as you might think they are, the Clans of the Mountains of the Moon have always posed a threat to the Knights of the Vale.

...snip,,,

They have never been more dangerous. As you can see from Arya's chapters were they project force far away from the Mountains that house them to succesfully raid settlements in the foothills. If you add the Clan's connection to Tyrion (don't forget his promise to them) and the fact that Timett is probably a cousin of SR and HtH, you can bet your life on them making some kind of impact in the Vale storyline.

:agree:

If the Mad Mouse manages to kidnap Sansa (in order to return her to KL and collect the bounty offered for her) he won't be able to leave by sea, since LF has a solid alliance with the Gulltown Arryns. (They will be able to police the port.) He will have to take Sansa over the mountains. Cue the clans. Timmett and Chella know Sansa by sight, and vice versa.

In order for Timmett's claim to hold, his mother would have to still be alive, and testify that she married a clansman willingly. That's very possible, though. Timmett is in his early twenties, so his mother would only have to be around 40. She was betrothed to a Bracken when ambushed, and no one seems to like the Brackens very much.

:agree:

If the Mad Mouse manages to kidnap Sansa (in order to return her to KL and collect the bounty offered for her) he won't be able to leave by sea, since LF has a solid alliance with the Gulltown Arryns. (They will be able to police the port.) He will have to take Sansa over the mountains. Cue the clans. Timmett and Chella know Sansa by sight, and vice versa.

In order for Timmett's claim to hold, his mother would have to still be alive, and testify that she married a clansman willingly. That's very possible, though. Timmett is in his early twenties, so his mother would only have to be around 40. She was betrothed to a Bracken when ambushed, and no one seems to like the Brackens very much.

Even if he isn't legitimite (which I suspect) he can still make quite a large impact. A family tie between the leader of the Clan's and the Lord of the Vale and his heir is just what is needed to broker some sort of peace agreement :)

I can actually see Sansa playing a role in reconciling the Mountain Clans with the Vale lords. The Mountain Clans of the north have some similarities with the clans from the Mountains of the Moon, but are treated with much more respect. Sansa might be able to use the northern pattern as a model for the Vale.

I think Dany will land in the Vale, and they will reunite with Tyrion.

I've been thinking the same thing. Tyrion comes in from the west (taking CR through the sewers per the lovely and subtle foreshadowing), Dany pulls a Visenya, and they meet in the middle of Westeros. Or at least I figure that's the plan.

Tyrion promised them the Vale and didn't deliver. They could be vengeful because of this.

Or like the Dothraki (fellow savages) they could understand that these things take time. They might hold her as a hostage, and a hostage is far more valuable when unmolested. Heck, they might even have known (of) and respected Ned from his time in the Vale.

Yeah, I don't think it's likely it will happen, but then I have on occasion been surprised by this series.

Or like the Dothraki (fellow savages) they could understand that these things take time. They might hold her as a hostage, and a hostage is far more valuable when unmolested. Heck, they might even have known (of) and respected Ned from his time in the Vale.

Yeah, I don't think it's likely it will happen, but then I have on occasion been surprised by this series.

I don't think they would have know who Ned was. The clans of the Vale don't really associate to much with the lords of the vale and that's who Ned spent a majority of his time with while in the Vale.

I've been thinking the same thing. Tyrion comes in from the west (taking CR through the sewers per the lovely and subtle foreshadowing), Dany pulls a Visenya, and they meet in the middle of Westeros. Or at least I figure that's the plan.

Unlikely. The Clansmen have a connection with Tyrion, not with Daenerys. The Rock might eventually be taken by going to the sewers, but that will be long after the Vale has already fallen if it are Daenerys' loyalists who take it. Besides, with what army would Tyrion roll up his half of Westeros in your theory? How would he get there, especially with the Ironborn running wild on that side of Westeros?

Also if this is true and since the Dothraki are confirmed for coming back then it would seem that the next book has a thing for addressing multiple elements from the first book so could we also assume the Benjen question will be addressed in the next book?

Archived