[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

With regards to Gendry: it's certainly possible. Keep in mind that the War of Ice and Fire will be an apocalyptic event. For all Dany's sturm and drang bout "breaking the wheel", the fall of the Wall and invasion of Others *will* destroy Westeros' already tenuous feudal system. In times like these, *anyone* can rise to the top.

Something that I would like to see is Dany bringing democracy to Westeros --- "breaking the wheel" of feudalism and resolving the succession problem she would have, assuming she produces no heirs. GRRM is a super-lib so that might make sense, but probably not.

Oh, I see. Well, cersei has pictures with short hair and dirt on her back lying around on the web since the filming, so it's not really surprise.

About Jon, the first pic doesn't seem fake, but the second one is screaming made up. The guy even added a little more blood on the top to look more convincing, but the rest of the pool looks exactly the same, not really how it works. Also, the camera would never stay still as something like that is happening, it would at least zoom in or out. His face also would at least change a little while he's doing something such as warging. His upper lip closing also looks absurd. I have little doubt that the first one is real, and no doubt the second one is fake. It would take less than a minute to make it on photoshop and yes I know photoshop. Also, the whole idea of Jon warging into ghost is still way off.

Selyse is the surprise for me, but I can see her commiting suicide after allowing them to burn shireen.

Those saying Brienne dies, unlikely.

Season 6 Rumor

The final major description is for "priest" - "In his 40s or 50s. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He's salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles."

This is probably the wandering Septon Meribald. He walks the Riverlands in a circle ministering to the small folk. He has an intriguing history that stretches back beyond the events of the show but his main connection to the story is through his relationship with Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) and Pod (Daniel Portman). His appearance in season six is good news for fans of Brienne as this guarantees her fate (for the remainder of this season anyway).

That really doesn't mean anything concerning Brienne, as that character will almost certainly appear in the context of the return of the Hound. It wouldn't make any sense for Brienne to end up back there.

Gendry being a blacksmith does not only relate to the forging of lightbringer but also relates to the connecting between House Baratheon and the germanic god Thor. Connections such as Robert's hammers, connections to storm gods and there was even that dragon called Vermithor. I'm pretty sure that one of Thor's children was one of the few survivors of ragnarok so I expect Gendry to make it to the end.

yes the photos of Jon Snow are probably PS'd but they are two different photos, u can tell from the blood stain on the the right of jon is different than the warged pic. Also his closing of the upper lip over his teeth are distinctly different...wouldnt the photoshoper only use one photo, the original, and then edit it from there?

These are the things in the recap (SPOILERS!):

Dorne

Qyburn his experiment
Syrio Forel saying "what do we say to the god of death" with Trant
UNCLE BENJEN talking with Jon and his horse returning
Dany and Drogon
Sansa / candle
Shireen burning

Well what does it say?

Doran sending Myrcella and Trystane back and making Ellaria swear allegiance.

Qyburn and the Mountain.

Cersei being arrested and told to confess.

Meryn killing Syrio, and then Arya seeing Trant in Braavos.

The disappearance of Uncle Benjen.

Dany flying off on Drogon.

Sansa being told about the candle and grabbing the corkscrew.

Stannis burning Shireen.

Uncle Benjen!!!!!? Uncle Benjen is in this preview!!

I'm way too excited now!

I though this would be the case after reading David Nutter's (director of the final ep) interview with Access Hollywood. Nutter mentions that characters that have been absent from

the show for awhile will be back.

I though this would be the case after reading David Nutter's (director of the final ep) interview with Access Hollywood. Nutter mentions that characters that have been absent from

the show for awhile will be back.

My heart can't take it. If it's a tease I'll need more wine than they have in Westeros.

Jorah will play Jon Connington's role which means he returns in Westeros. Before that Tirion will play Selmy's role in organizing the defence of Meeren. So without Yunkish army and fleets of Volantis and Ironborn there's no siege at all. Insted Sons of the Harpy would enter in somekind of civil war than I suppose and that is the chance for the Imp to prove his qualities. Most probably they would just leave Meeren and go to Westeros. Anyway all of that remains for S06. S05 E10 will focus on the North and KL mostly.

My heart can't take it. If it's a tease I'll need more wine than they have in Westeros.

I don't think it's a tease. Judging from the recap and this from Nutter "You will catch up with some characters that you had not seen in a while and that'll definitely come to fore," I think we'll see this character or something related.

Archived