[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

The leak was from Austria.

Australia and I are not on pet name terms like yourself! :P

I wonder though, they've gone to such lengths to make Jon have no friends in Castle black, we assume Sam is off to Oldtown. In the books he has more support. Could Benjen be drafted in because they went and killed Pyp and Grenn and cut Satin?

They've parachuted in Good guy Davos, I don't think Edd is a stabber, Mel is not there, Benjen could hold the wall plot next year for a few episodes? Davos is off after Rickon we assume or at least back to the Stannis plot?

Assuming this is all valid info, then maybe BenJen is there to save Jon's body. If Sam has already left, then Jon has few friends at Castle Black. If he doesn't die, like we all suspect, he will be needing his body at some future point. Maybe that is Benjen's exact purpose.

Assuming this is all valid info, then maybe BenJen is there to save Jon's body. If Sam has already left, then Jon has few friends at Castle Black. If he doesn't die, like we all suspect, he will be needing his body at some future point. Maybe that is Benjen's exact purpose.

Yeah, it is too much of a coincidence for Benjen to return at the same time as FTW.

Maybe, he returned with a purpose- to save Jon (or his body). Perhaps, Bran and Bloodraven sent him, knowing what was about to happen and it will be them that resurrects him (especially because Mel is still with Stannis).

But if that was the case why not reveal him in Hardhome? Jon isn't leaving the Wall, what is the Night's King going to do with Other!Benjen? Turn up and wait outside?

Well IMDB also lists the night king as a character returning. I wouldn't be that suprised if we saw the Night's King with Benjen looking at the wall.

Assuming the night's king becomes a recurring character with text at some point, then he will definitely need people he can interact with. Although they might keep him quiet too.. but I don't think that's too likely.

But if that was the case why not reveal him in Hardhome? Jon isn't leaving the Wall, what is the Night's King going to do with Other!Benjen? Turn up and wait outside?

Well IMDB also lists the night king as a character returning. I wouldn't be that suprised if we saw the Night's King with Benjen looking at the wall.

Assuming the night's king becomes a recurring character with text at some point, then he will definitely need people he can interact with. Although they might keep him quiet too.. but I don't think that's too likely.

So, basically:

http://replygif.net/i/263.gif

Seeing that recap...Wow. Finally Benjen. I've been waiting forever lol (please don't be undead)

Yeah, it is too much of a coincidence for Benjen to return at the same time as FTW.

Maybe, he returned with a purpose- to save Jon (or his body). Perhaps, Bran and Bloodraven sent him, knowing what was about to happen and it will be them that resurrects him (especially because Mel is still with Stannis).

This sounds interesting...

Yes, he's the only one who can forge a sword and use it. Has Jon Snow ever made a sword? I don't think so. Has Stannis ever made a sword? Doubtful. Daenerys? LOL hahahaha! No way.

If Lightbringer needs reforging then Gendry's our man..... however, i suspect that Lightbringer is just a sword to be found or perhaps the first of many Valyrian swords and they'll need plenty of these so business will be booming. Gendry could be Westeros's first self made man :-)

Sorry, the honor of "first self made man of Westeros" belongs to Lord Davos of House Seaworth, onion knight, and Hand of the King.

Maybe that's why Jon was so surprised on one of the photos. I still don't believe it, but it's interesting to say at least. Everything from previously on will be relevant in some way. Vengeance for Syrio, Robert Strong etc.

I think that surprise is finding out about Sansa and Ramsey.

Archived