[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

If, Stannis is killed, who will the remnants of his army follow or will they simply go rogue? I could see them declare Storm's End for Davos but it is odd s Storm's End and Dragonstone are not under seige and are lightly defended, ripe for the taking by someone.

House Baratheon is not wiped out when Stannis is killed! Gendry is one true heir of Robert Baratheon the Lord of Stormlands!

House Baratheon is not wiped out when Stannis is killed! Gendry is one true heir of Robert Baratheon the Lord of Stormlands!

Gendry is an illegitimate Bastard and they cannot inherit unless he is legitimized. Who is going to legitimize him? Blood inheritance rules along with military conquest. With Shireen and Stannis potentially gone, Dany is the only "known" blood claim to the throne but, as since Robert Baratheon died, the throne has been userped by the Lannisters who are posing incest bastards as Robert's legit kids. the Tyrells, duplicitous as they are, joined their cause for power, despite knowing the truth. The throne is being set up for Dany's return it seems like and who knows what Dorne will do. Littlefinger will throw in with someone or just try to get his own kingdom/country - probably still thinks Sansa is his puppet forever, hah, fat chance at that after what she has been through. Jon Snow / Targaryen is the wildcard in all of this.

As for the Jon Snow situation, it seems his true story is about to begin. Very possible R + L = J could happen as early as the start of next season

Season 6 Rumor

There are a few other descriptions that were leaked that could mean the return of the flashback device in season six. One detail in the description for one of three boys could mean we get a young Ned Stark, one boy specifically needs to have green eyes to match those of Sean Bean. If the casting is for a flashback, it would probably be with a young Ned, a young Robert Baratheon and possibly one of Ned's brothers. If they are doing a flashback again, I hope it is a successful as the one that opened this season.

If it's about R+L=J you need Lyanna more likely.

Gendry is at least one/half Baratheon and since the books are not finished, there could be a surprise about who is mother is, though I doubt it (already done with Jon). We also know that bastards can be legitimized and there may yet be someone who could use a real Baratheon. If Stannis lives through ep 10, he might need Gendry/Edric.

Is Sansa's line a hint that she is going to suicide?

I think it is a possibility, do you remember the "gift" episode, after the wedding rape? Reek came to her room with food and the windows were wide open in the snow/cold. she was lying on top of the bed, barely clothed as if she wanted to catch sickness and die. I think Sansa would rather die than remain there as a locked up sex slave and breed Boltons. Suicide as a last resort strikes me as very plausable for her character ending this season. She would certainly try to escape first as she is a survivor but that will only go so far.

Is Sansa's line a hint that she is going to suicide?

Maybe to imply but very unlikely. The fact that she was told that Jon was alive at castle black and then told that her other two brothers are alive is suggesting to the audience that she has something to live for and that she now has more reason than ever to keep surviving.

She hasn't been through anything worse (from Ramsay) than what Theon went through and he didn't kill himself and he's just a Greyjoy.

Maybe to imply but very unlikely. The fact that she was told that Jon was alive at castle black and then told that her other two brothers are alive is suggesting to the audience that she has something to live for and that she now has more reason than ever to keep surviving.

Exactly. And honestly-though she was never my favorite-she has survived a lot since she hit King's Landing in Season 1. Daily beatings from Kings guards, crazy queen mother in law, Joffrey taking her father and older brother's head. Her aunt trying to throw her out the moon door. She's not going to give up. She's still a Stark, and it isn't in her. I'm rooting for her to make it out of Ramsay's clutches.

Lol is that a serious question? You're watching the same show right? Since season 1 being a super-nieve and mostly frightened 13-14 year old girl til now when the hell has she had weapon training?

How the hell would she "take out a ton of people" in rambo mode?

Does Sansa have any weapon training? I would love to see her go all Rambo and take out a ton of people this epi.

None, she might and probably will if pushed to do so if cornered. She looks for ways out and if there is one, she will act. I do not think that corkscrew she took would just be used on Ramsay one night when he comes to rape her unless she thought she could get out of that room and get out of Winterfell with Bolton guards everyywhere. A battle/seige does create such an opportunity. She, if she was about to die, or think she was, she might but the Boltons want her alive for the very reason the writers rediculously made her character walk into Winterfell, "I take this man" and be willing to bed him. I guess the wedding night and subsequent rapes after that changed her mind.

Not that I know of, but I think trying to stab someone with a pointy object is like a normal reaction to most people, like swinging an object or throwing one.

She was always brought up to marry and leave the nest for an alliance, maybe learn stealthy manners but not physical ones.

Not that I know of, but I think trying to stab someone with a pointy object is like a normal reaction to most people, like swinging an object or throwing one.

She was always brought up to marry and leave the nest for an alliance, maybe learn stealthy manners but not physical ones.

I fear that if she lives and her experience may push her into using "other" physical skills to her advantage now that the virginity thing is no longer in the way. Littlefiger in season 6? Yuck but I suppose it was somehow important for the showriters to have Sansa lose her virginity this year. I know, the shock value but if she lives, they would love to have this actess in scenes as such, I am sure. Viewership etc...

I fear that if she lives and her experience may push her into using "other" physical skills to her advantage now that the virginity thing is no longer in the way. Littlefiger in season 6? Yuck but I suppose it was somehow important for the showriters to have Sansa lose her virginity this year. I know, the shock value but if she lives, they would love to have this actess in scenes as such, I am sure. Viewership etc...

Well yeah, she may not have learned it from Cat, but time spent in KL, Cersei and Marg also the QOT taught her interrogation, if she picked up how to ask questions, and the manipulation and poisoning of people from LF are all stealthy modes .

Gendry is an illegitimate Bastard and they cannot inherit unless he is legitimized. Who is going to legitimize him? Blood inheritance rules along with military conquest. With Shireen and Stannis potentially gone, Dany is the only "known" blood claim to the throne but, as since Robert Baratheon died, the throne has been userped by the Lannisters who are posing incest bastards as Robert's legit kids. the Tyrells, duplicitous as they are, joined their cause for power, despite knowing the truth. The throne is being set up for Dany's return it seems like and who knows what Dorne will do. Littlefinger will throw in with someone or just try to get his own kingdom/country - probably still thinks Sansa is his puppet forever, hah, fat chance at that after what she has been through. Jon Snow / Targaryen is the wildcard in all of this.

Will "Blood right" really even matter? It hasn't in the show so far. Whoever is strongest, takes the throne.

The Targaryns only became rulers because they had dragons. After The mad king was killed, there was a line in one of the books about how Ned arrived in Kings landing, and the throne was empty. He could have walked up and taken it for himself but he didnt and Robert became king.

While in a true monarchy without rebellions, the Roberts line would be heir to the throne,i dont think it will matter.

Tommon clearly isnt going to hold the throne long, he is too weak and doesnt have supporters.

If Dany flies to Westeros and says "Hey i am technically Heir to the throne by blood" she isnt going to magically get an army to support her. If she sits on the throne, it will be because of her Dragons.

Whoever sits on the throne (if there is one) at the end of the series, is going to be the one with the most power, not the right blood (or maybe both)

Lol is that a serious question? You're watching the same show right? Since season 1 being a super-nieve and mostly frightened 13-14 year old girl til now when the hell has she had weapon training?

How the hell would she "take out a ton of people" in rambo mode?

FTW happens but Jon's warging skills are a bit awry. He ends up warging Sansa who becomes a badass fighter....

Will "Blood right" really even matter? It hasn't in the show so far. Whoever is strongest, takes the throne.

The Targaryns only became rulers because they had dragons. After The mad king was killed, there was a line in one of the books about how Ned arrived in Kings landing, and the throne was empty. He could have walked up and taken it for himself but he didnt and Robert became king.

While in a true monarchy without rebellions, the Roberts line would be heir to the throne,i dont think it will matter.

Tommon clearly isnt going to hold the throne long, he is too weak and doesnt have supporters.

If Dany flies to Westeros and says "Hey i am technically Heir to the throne by blood" she isnt going to magically get an army to support her. If she sits on the throne, it will be because of her Dragons.

Whoever sits on the throne (if there is one) at the end of the series, is going to be the one with the most power, not the right blood (or maybe both)

I am not disagreeing with you completely but illegit kids of Roberts are bastards none the less. Blood right sort of "gets your foot in the door to the throne room" but not necessarily on the throne. Blood right is a pretext but yes, military might is a right of conquest that Aegon had and he did not disolve 6 kingdoms when he came, get either killed forced or negotiated for their crowns to be surrendered to him and he combined them into one.

Cersie Lannister, Jaime, Pycelle, Littlefinger, Varys and yes, St Tyrion and real Tyrion( they knew the truth and defended the treason/incest) paraded Joff, Tommen and Myrcella as Robert's true born kids born to him by Cersie to claim the "blood right" of Robert Baratheon who was by blood, in the line of succesion of the Targs and deposed that same tyranical Targaryen dynasty who had a greater blood right than he. The Lannisters and the alliance of House Tyrell have allowed them to remain on the Iron Throne as a result. Everyone, atleast on the show, knows that Cersie's kids are incest bastards, it is an open joke but Stannis was defeated but not destroyed and has no real allies so everything is just boiled down to political intrigue. However, things are getting hot again, Dorne is poised to rise and Dany is about to make a move, The Tyrells and lannisters are possibly going to fight one another and it seems the Iron Thone will be up for grabs.

With all that said, Gendry becoming King is laughable.

Archived