[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

David Nutter on the finale:

'"This [finale] will have, of course, a lot of aftermath, effect, of Episode 509, but there will be a lot of new territory and uncharted territory that will be brought forth in Episode 510 that'll be amazingly profound, completely surprising and utterly involving, I think, for the audience," he said.'

Also:

"You will catch up with some characters that you had not seen in a while and that'll definitely come to fore. I won't tell you who, but…. you won't feel like you're missing anything at the end of this episode," he said.

Varys, LF, NOT saying those 3 Letters,but these 3 BWB, I don't think the Hound, but maybe

'"This [finale] will have, of course, a lot of aftermath, effect, of Episode 509, but there will be a lot of new territory and uncharted territory that will be brought forth in Episode 510 that'll be amazingly profound, completely surprising and utterly involving, I think, for the audience," he said.'

Also:

"You will catch up with some characters that you had not seen in a while and that'll definitely come to fore. I won't tell you who, but…. you won't feel like you're missing anything at the end of this episode," he said.

There's more to that article though. The person asked him about Loras and Varys and other people we've seen this season but not for awhile.

Awful lot of death for 1 hour showing.

So Stan kills Ramsay, Brienne kills Stan, Sansa? kills Myranda, Seleyse kills self, Arya kills Trant, SandSnakes or Aereo kills Bronn, Varys or LF kills Keven and Pycelle.

Sounds like a 3 Stooges run.

What about the rumors Tommen will be killed along with Kevan and Pycelle?

Awful lot of death for 1 hour showing.

So Stan kills Ramsay, Brienne kills Stan, Sansa? kills Myranda, Seleyse kills self, Arya kills Trant, SandSnakes or Aereo kills Bronn, Varys or LF kills Keven and Pycelle.

Sounds like a 3 Stooges run.

Exactly. You may see a few people die but 10+ secondary characters in one show is unlikely to happen. They'll space the deaths out at least.

I'm sure that if Stannis died the pictures of him would have leaked, not of Selyse (not even a secondary character). To be fair, apart from his death, every character listed I want to see dead (although I do like Bronn and Myranda). Also hearing that Doran airs his support of Dany's claim to Ellaria (it is the Sandsnakes, not her that are involved in Myrcella's maiming). However, these rumours are surely at least partly no more than rumours.

Exactly. You may see a few people die but 10+ secondary characters in one show is unlikely to happen. They'll space the deaths out at least.

I could see Stannis, Selyse, Kevan, Pycelle, and maybe Bronn kicking the bucket. Still undecided on Ramsay.

But I mean, they do have to make room for Euron and the Oldtown crew. Plus Bran is coming back next year. And with two (maybe) seasons left, the events at the Wall and Dany's landing will start to take more focus. They aren't going to have all these secondary characters running about.

Also:

So, we'll get to see what Myranda may be up to? Haven't seen her for several episodes now. And oh shit....Varys.

According to the alleged leaked discussions, the following will bite the dust : Stannis, Selyse, Ramsay, Jon, Bronn, Kevan, Pycelle, Trant, Brienne, Myranda.

Absolutely fucking madness if this proves to be true, it could be the best finale in tv-show history, i don't believe it right now.

So Brienne kills Stannis and Someone kills Brienne?

If Brienne is killed in this episode I would be totally disappointed. Obviously, because she is my favourite character, but there are other reasons too:

-So she doesn't do anything in the entire season to die "gloriously" by a random character? I even don't want her to kill Stannis, at least not yet, because after what He did, it is too foreseeable to make her kill him, because now, many people want him dead.

Also:

New territory.....I hope Brienne isn't killed and we will see what happens to her AFTER LSH, because LSH is not likely to appear, (I know that maybe Brienne will not survive in the books, but I think that she and Jaimie have to meet again, Jaimie thought of her one time this season)

And some characters...I think they mean that Litllefinger and Varys will appear! I really want to know in which circumstances.....especially LF....

Yara usually appears at least one or two times per season, and if season 6 is about pirates......I hope so

Gendry might be appearing also, but there are a lot of things to cover so it should be in line with another existent story, so not really....and Riverland characters (Blackfish) don't think so at all. They are 100x100 forgotten, sadly.

If, Stannis is killed, who will the remnants of his army follow or will they simply go rogue? I could see them declare Storm's End for Davos but it is odd s Storm's End and Dragonstone are not under seige and are lightly defended, ripe for the taking by someone.

Those saying Brienne dies, unlikely.

Season 6 Rumor

The final major description is for "priest" - "In his 40s or 50s. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He's salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles."

This is probably the wandering Septon Meribald. He walks the Riverlands in a circle ministering to the small folk. He has an intriguing history that stretches back beyond the events of the show but his main connection to the story is through his relationship with Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) and Pod (Daniel Portman). His appearance in season six is good news for fans of Brienne as this guarantees her fate (for the remainder of this season anyway).

Some have said Sam will die which is also extremely unlikely and moving away from the wall seems very possible

Season 6 Rumor

The show is also looking for a "father" - "Aged 50s to 60s, he's one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros--a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It's described as 'a very good part' for next year and that he's 'centrally involved' in a protagonist's storyline."

The father couldn't be anyone other than Randyll Tarly, father of Samwell Tarly (John Bradley. There are also descriptions of a family related to this character that likely represent Sam's mother, brother, and one of his sisters.

Euron and Randyll being cast points to a lot of action in the Reach area of Westeros. For those that may not be up on their fictional geography, the Reach is in the southwestern part of the continent and includes Oldtown, where maesters study, Highgarden, the seat of House Tyrell, and Horn Hill, the seat of House Tarly. This also probably means that Sam won't be staying at the Wall for much longer this season.

As for the Jon Snow situation, it seems his true story is about to begin. Very possible R + L = J could happen as early as the start of next season

Season 6 Rumor

There are a few other descriptions that were leaked that could mean the return of the flashback device in season six. One detail in the description for one of three boys could mean we get a young Ned Stark, one boy specifically needs to have green eyes to match those of Sean Bean. If the casting is for a flashback, it would probably be with a young Ned, a young Robert Baratheon and possibly one of Ned's brothers. If they are doing a flashback again, I hope it is a successful as the one that opened this season.

Archived