[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

Winterfell

-Miranda tries to kill Sansa while Ramsay is away.

-With the help of a few Stark loyalists creating a distraction, Sansa grabs Theon and together they reach the top of the battlements.

-Theon begs her to go back until they see Myranda coming at them with a bow and dogs. Theon finally snaps out of it and takes an arrow for her.

-They jump...

Davos

-gets caught by Ramsay, who tells him of Shireen's fate and takes the letter for Jon Snow. Not hard to imagine Ramsay being able to hear the screams or the rumors spreading throughout the camps

-although in disbelief, Davos finds no reason to doubt what Ramsay says. It's too accurate not to be true.

-Ramsay taunts that he intends to flay Davos, who proceeds to show him his hand.

Castle Black

-Jon gets a letter from Ramsay, demanding he surrender himself as a traitor to the realm for helping Stannis, and taunting him about what he's done/will do to Sansa and ser Davos. Jon does not fly into a rage, but is disturbed nonetheless.

-Jon tells Sam that he is to head to Oldtown to learn to become a maester, and to take Gilly and the babe with him.

-Tormund tells Jon that in his stead, he and his wildlings will fight with Stannis and tear the Boltons limb from limb. Jon agrees but on the condition that he burn all the dead, and help unite the North for the Long Night. Olly the orphan overhears this(of course right?)

Mereen

-the Unsullied arrive at the arena en masse and kill/chase away the rest of the Sons of the Harpy

-back at the pyramid, Tyrion plays sleuth on who's behind the SotH

Braavos

-Arya pretends to be a whore and kills Meryn fucking Trant - phase 1 of operation: internets break

-a Man blinds her

King's Landing

-Cersei finally confesses and walks the walk

Dorne

-Jaime gets killed by the Sand Snakes

Winterfell

-Brienne and Pod finally come to Sansa's rescue

-they ride hard north, the Boltons give chase but stop because they don't want to run into Stannis

-Brienne & co eventually meet up with Stannis' army; Melisandre asks her if she intends to kill him

Essos

-Dany awakes next to Drogon, surrounded by Dothraki, who recognize Drogon as the Stallion who will mount the world. A new Khalasar for Dany.

Castle Black

-Jon recruits hundreds of wildlings (that aren't going south with Tormund) for the NW. As he goes to the Heart tree to have them swear their oath, Jon gets FTW'd. Aliser Thorne actually tries to subdue Olly after he attacks Jon. Cut to Jon bleeding in the snow and fade to black.

I agree with everything but Jaime's death. Now Myrcella... I can see her dying. And you missed Varys "reunion" with Kevan and Pycelle.. It will be a very packed episode..

Because he IS speaking to Daario

Daario as a harpy makes no sense. He has the most unguarded access to Dany of any character. He could have killed Dany in her sleep any time and made an escape before her death was even detected. He also doesn't have a pre-existing connection to Mereen. Plus, it's totally out of character. He's a ruthless swaggering mercenary, not a wealthy pro-slavery traditionalist. It's not inconceivable he could betray her for gold, but it seems unlikely given that he's got everything he could want as it is. I don't doubt that he's hiding something self-serving from her, but it's not this.

Given that Mace Tyrell is clearly the coolest guy in the show, it would make my day if he cunningly knew all along that Trant was there to kill him on Cersei's behest. He subsequently got word to the Faceless Men to take that punk out and Jaquen sent Arya to do it, knowing she would not be able to resist. Hehe. Probably not but it would be a good laugh :cool4:

Still would love to know one way or another where that landscape is at the beginning. I know the assumption is that it's Dany in Essos or some outlying region of Mereen, but damn that outcrop on the motte surrounded by a ring of marshy waters to the right looks just like Moat Cailin.

If it is (i.e: as seen in in broader daylight, snow thawed, less murky CG colour coded in post as it appeared earlier in the season), there's perhaps an outside (very outside) chance the solitary figure is Stoneheart nearing Winterfell (though it's more likely to be Stannis pre-battle, tbh.)

Can anyone do a very high-res screencap? :drunk:

I'm quite sure that the resolution of the Winterfell plot line will depend on the use of secret tunnels beneath Winterfell.

D&D made their decision to send Sansa to Winterfell when they read ADwD, which came out after the end of season 1. They probably saw it before release. They had time to set up her plot as they wrote season 2. In ep 210, Luwin tells Theon he can escape Winterfell by using secret tunnels.

Just in case anyone forgot about that, in ep 504 Mel mentions tunnels when speaking to Jon.

(from Elio's recap)

Melisandre asks Jon to ride with Stannis when he goes south, that Jon knows Winterfell better than anyone else on the Wall—its tunnels, its weaknesses, its people—

Unsubtle, heavy handed foreshadowing - classic D&D.

I'm quite sure that the resolution of the Winterfell plot line will depend on the use of secret tunnels beneath Winterfell.

D&D made their decision to send Sansa to Winterfell when they read ADwD, which came out after the end of season 1. They probably saw it before release. They had time to set up her plot as they wrote season 2. In ep 210, Luwin tells Theon he can escape Winterfell by using secret tunnels.

Just in case anyone forgot about that, in ep 504 Mel mentions tunnels when speaking to Jon.

(from Elio's recap)

I hope you're joking there. I don't think anyone remembers her even saying tunnels. I know I don't. You can't get more subtle than quick dialogue that's never mentioned again.

Still would love to know one way or another where that landscape is at the beginning. I know the assumption is that it's Dany in Essos or some outlying region of Mereen, but damn that outcrop on the motte surrounded by a ring of marshy waters to the right looks just like Moat Cailin.

If it is (i.e: as seen in in broader daylight, snow thawed, less murky CG colour coded in post as it appeared earlier in the season), there's perhaps an outside (very outside) chance the solitary figure is Stoneheart nearing Winterfell (though it's more likely to be Stannis pre-battle, tbh.)

Can anyone do a very high-res screencap? :drunk:

its valyria

I'm not as sure as you appear to be either way, tbh, but this just made me scratch my chin .... and hope ... a little.

http://i.imgur.com/8H7r8NB.png

Bear in mind the "no snow" argument is limited because we've already seen it melting north and the Neck is further south. Also that the overlooking mountain (to the left) as seen in earlier Brienne/Pod scenes appears to be in the same place:

http://i.imgur.com/0m7mi5d.jpg

But yeah, long shot. Even if it IS Moat Cailin and not just Dany in Valyria, the Scottish widow/potential Stoneheart figure is probably just a half-tree or a standing stone or something. :dunno:

If it's an actor, probably Stannis or Littlefinger in a cape. :frown5:

(from Elio's recap)

I think your suggestion is quite plausible. IMO it is much better if Sansa escapes through the tunnels rather than by jumping from the wall.

What of the foreshadowing in 0502 of the letter Stannis has Snow read that says "..the king of the north and his name is Stark" which might suggest the show is hinting that the Northmen may be coming back into the big picture soon.

I'm not as sure as you appear to be either way, tbh, but this just made me scratch my chin .... and hope ... a little.

Bear in mind the "no snow" argument is limited because we've already seen it melting north and the Neck is further south. Also that the overlooking mountain (to the left) as seen in earlier Brienne/Pod scenes appears to be in the same place:

But yeah, long shot. Even if it IS Moat Cailin and not just Dany in Valyria, the Scottish widow/potential Stoneheart figure is probably just a half-tree or a standing stone or something. :dunno:

Yeah that was my thought as well if it is Moat Cailin. I didn't think it was Valryia like some have said because I think Dany will meet the Khalasaar. D&D have already set up the fact that no one lives in Valyria except the Stone Men.

Plus The Dothraki definetly don't roam there. I don't really see that landscape looking much like slavers bay either.

If it is Moat Cailin I can't see many people really being there. If LF is in the finale I think they just show him coming to WF, not him crossing MC then all the sudden getting to WF. Also, I thought the actor said he wasn't in the finale.

Jaime has to kill Cersei. He's not dying.

Really? Because I've always felt like that it's Cersei who is going to kill Jaime. Jaime loves Cersei too much, but I think Cersei's love for Jaime is definitely coming to an end. At least on the show.

First pic could be part of the ruins of Valyria. The reason I think it's Dany in Valyria is because the very next shot shows Daario, Tyrion and Jorah in the pyramid as if they are wondering where Dany is.

i think ghost howling would be the best way to end the season.

As they cut to Sansa and she hears a Ghost Wolf, it would tie in with her dangerous decent from the Eyrie with her taking her life into her own hands in Winterfell.

Archived