[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

I'm quite sure that the resolution of the Winterfell plot line will depend on the use of secret tunnels beneath Winterfell.

D&D made their decision to send Sansa to Winterfell when they read ADwD, which came out after the end of season 1. They probably saw it before release. They had time to set up her plot as they wrote season 2. In ep 210, Luwin tells Theon he can escape Winterfell by using secret tunnels.

Just in case anyone forgot about that, in ep 504 Mel mentions tunnels when speaking to Jon.

(from Elio's recap)

Unsubtle, heavy handed foreshadowing - classic D&D.

I've been wondering about the tunnels for a while.

those pics of Arya got me hyped up.

It looks like they have replaced Arya biting her lip with a less annoying habit.

I also wonder if we are going to lose a lot of Arya's training story and they will just have her do most of her training in the imaginary gap between the two seasons. She must leave pretty soon after the Mercy chapter any way.

It looks like they have replaced Arya biting her lip with a less annoying habit.

I also wonder if we are going to lose a lot of Arya's training story and they will just have her do most of her training in the imaginary gap between the two seasons. She must leave pretty soon after the Mercy chapter any way.

I think so. They went through her training fairly swiftly so far, and combined Cat of the Canals time frame with her first job. We'll find out if they make her blind as punishment for killing Meryn where they want her story to go. Either she'll do more in Braavos, or she'll take a new face and head back to Westeros...or something entirely different, at this point I have no idea.

I think so. They went through her training fairly swiftly so far, and combined Cat of the Canals time frame with her first job. We'll find out if they make her blind as punishment for killing Meryn where they want her story to go. Either she'll do more in Braavos, or she'll take a new face and head back to Westeros...or something entirely different, at this point I have no idea.

They're going to drag it for as long as they can. Because they obviously don't know what to do with it.

I'm going crackpot/tinfoil hat and saying I hope we find out about Syrio surviving before she sticks Trant with the pointy end.

Just...putting that out there in the universe.

Also would not mind if Benjen appears in the tunnels or as prisoner of Night King...

Okay I'm done. :)

Isn' there this "Infiltration Theory" that Stannis somehow infiltrates WF and butchers its occupants in their sleep? Could be possible that Sansa leaves/Theon, gets caught by Stannis' troops and they show them some "secret" way to enter WF or sth.

Btw, @ Hedge Knight imdb was updated, we will not see Benjen

The final scene is going to be the scene from the books. All is quiet after events at the Wall and Mereen. Snow is blowing in Kings Landing. Kevan Lannister goes to his study or to speak with Pycelle and finds him...ya know. Then...ya know. It ends on the white raven, which signifies winter has finally come. Since it is television, you know who probably makes it a point to say this. End.

Saw this posted on Reddit as a theory on how Sansa/Winterfell/Littlefinger will go down, I think it sounds about right:

Season 5:

1. Stannis suffers a defeat at the end of S5 but it's far from over.
  2. Sansa/Theon escape Winterfell during the battle, don't know their fates at the end of the season.*
  3. Davos learns of Shireen's fate, returns to Stannis.

Season 6:

1. Brienne/Pod intercept Sansa, Sansa demands to be taken to Stannis. Brienne sees her opportunity to get to Stannis and agrees.
  2. Littlefinger/Vale arrive, with advice from Sansa/Theon (who know Winterfell) they defeat Boltons and help Stannis win.
  3. Davos returns, is pissed Shireen died but sees that the sacrifice worked. Holds his tongue for the time being.
  4. Tensions rise in Winterfell all round
  5. Stannis dislikes LF but believes him to be a 'blessing' of sorts from the Red God. Perhaps Mel tells him that this is how he works (i.e. no huge miracles, has supplies a healthy army instead)
  6. Stannis appoints LF as warden, arranges a marriage between LF and Sansa. Sansa is pissed. No real trust between Stannis & LF, does it out of necessity.
  7. A pissed off Sansa goes to a pissed off Davos and tells him about Rickon. Wanting to do some good, Davos sets off to find Rickon.
  8. Thus starts Sansa's turn against LF, betting on a true Stark to turn The North against LF.

*Sophie Turner did say Sansa's ending would be ambiguous this year. What better than running off into the snows mid battle?

Jaime has to kill Cersei. He's not dying.

Book Jaime has a lot to do. Show Jaime, I'm not so sure.

I agree with everything but Jaime's death. Now Myrcella... I can see her dying. And you missed Varys "reunion" with Kevan and Pycelle.. It will be a very packed episode..

I'd like that to be the case but I think they'll leave that until season 6. We've seen so little of Kevan, and they might want to write some good scenes with him on the small council.

Saw this posted on Reddit as a theory on how Sansa/Winterfell/Littlefinger will go down, I think it sounds about right:

Season 5:

1. Stannis suffers a defeat at the end of S5 but it's far from over.

Sansa/Theon escape Winterfell during the battle, don't know their fates at the end of the season.*

Davos learns of Shireen's fate, returns to Stannis.

Season 6:

1. Brienne/Pod intercept Sansa, Sansa demands to be taken to Stannis. Brienne sees her opportunity to get to Stannis and agrees.

Littlefinger/Vale arrive, with advice from Sansa/Theon (who know Winterfell) they defeat Boltons and help Stannis win.

Davos returns, is pissed Shireen died but sees that the sacrifice worked. Holds his tongue for the time being.

Tensions rise in Winterfell all round

Stannis dislikes LF but believes him to be a 'blessing' of sorts from the Red God. Perhaps Mel tells him that this is how he works (i.e. no huge miracles, has supplies a healthy army instead)

Stannis appoints LF as warden, arranges a marriage between LF and Sansa. Sansa is pissed. No real trust between Stannis & LF, does it out of necessity.

A pissed off Sansa goes to a pissed off Davos and tells him about Rickon. Wanting to do some good, Davos sets off to find Rickon.

Thus starts Sansa's turn against LF, betting on a true Stark to turn The North against LF.

*Sophie Turner did say Sansa's ending would be ambiguous this year. What better than running off into the snows mid battle?

I can't possibly think of something less satisfying than this, so it's probably what happens.

I dont think Arya will be made blind,thing i took from the books was although it seems the FM want to train her senses its arya;s warging ability that came out for me.

And as much as i want to see Nymeria in the show it aint gona happen

And also should be noted Meryn Trant has brown eyes so she will have blue and green eyes left to kill

I tried to see where Brienne and Pod could be in the promo, but all I can say is it's a snowy road, could be anywhere...

I was hoping it was the godswood ! I need Theon's moment before the heart tree ! And a Theon / Brienne meeting there could rock !

What if D&D decide to go completely rogue, and have Dany do something other than encounter the Dothraki?

Maybe she flies to Asshai, and it transports her to the Lands of always winter, or she just burns KL.

I think if there is another large deviation from the books it would break the internet as the phrase was used.

Archived