A Game of Good Acting

RenlyTheOneTrueKing

Kit Harrington has improved so much this season but you have to wonder if it is also because his storyline is beginning to become quite clear. The viewers are getting a clean look at his importance and can cheer for him. I also think his scenes with Dillane, Hinds, and Cunningham provided him with terrific mentors.

Of the established actors still alive in the show, I think Dillane, Dinklage, and Cunningham are very good.

Jaqen was mysterious and charming in season2, astonishingly they've managed to make him, dull, aloof, lethargic, and boring this Season

But that's whatnhappens when u blend characters to 'condense storylines' in an effort to achieve plot points--charcterization makes no sense and therefore the acting suffers

Kit Harrington has improved so much this season but you have to wonder if it is also because his storyline is beginning to become quite clear. The viewers are getting a clean look at his importance and can cheer for him. I also think his scenes with Dillane, Hinds, and Cunningham provided him with terrific mentors.

Of the established actors still alive in the show, I think Dillane, Dinklage, and Cunningham are very good.

Yeh when Jon Snow started out in both the show and books he was just an add on to the Stark storyline and seemingly unimportant. Kit Harrington did seem boring at first but that is because Jon Snow was boring at first.

The ones that gave me chills:

Peter Vaughan: His Aemon reveal from S1 was really, really powerful. You can truly feel the rage when he is talking about Rhaegar's children.

Charles Dance: Nuff said.

Stephen Dillane: As someone who bent the knee, last episode sure hurt me. But his acting there was just superb.

Alfie Allen: The Reek chapters are my favorite in the books, and he has done them justice.

NCW: The bathtub monologue.

Pedro Pascal: The "I will be your champion" speech.

Yes, but there's one glaring exception in Emilia Clarke, who happens to be one of the main characters.

Honestly, between her and Jai Courtenay Terminator: 'We Can't Spell' Genisys is doomed.

Plus Arnold isn't the best actor

A lot of the time with casting in sagas like this I think they cast looking at the character at a certain time. I think they cast Kit based on who Jon Snow would grow into, which is why he may have been less compelling at first, if that makes sense.

But yes, incredible acting in this show. Except Emelia Clarke, but I suppose her character annoys me for various reasons in the books too, so she captures that haha. But she's inconsistent in her performance IMO

I often find it really hard to tell how much of a scene I should attribute to the actor and how much to the rest of the production (writing, directing, editing, lighting, make-up, etc), but even so, GoT certainly seems to have rather consistently wonderful acting.

Unlikely many, I also haven't really had any problem with for example Emilia Clarke. If I hadn't seen so many people critizicing her for being wooden, it probably wouldn't have even crossed my mind. I just assume that's her character.

Glad to see Dillane getting some props at last, I know people were indifferent on him at the start, but that was with a lack of material. Easy to forget now but Sean Bean was brilliant aswell.

Iain Glen's Jorah is one of the main reasons i really like Jorah as a character overall, same with Liam Cunningham as Davos. Dinklage, Harrington etc continie to keep a good standard, and seem to get better.

Charles Dance as Tywin was superb, as is Nicolai CW as Jaime. Maisie is great as Arya too. The cast does a great job.

I can say that I have never once been taken out of the show by the acting. It's generally pretty good.

I was once, on the Baelish "chaoshhhhhh is a ladder" speech, my cringe reflex went into overdrive.

Not just because of the bad acting, it's just so overt and un-Littlefinger.

Kit Harrington has recently been doing a lot better job acting wise. Certainly one of the more talented of the bunch.

I'm actually one of the few that think Kit's acting has been good throughout. Jon Snow wasn't that like able in aGoT and I thought he played him as such, obviously his character has become more likable in the subsequent books and the TV series seasons.

Ive gotta say, I can't really think of many shows that can have as good actors as this.

Not to say all of them are great actors, but quite a few are.

In the latest episode I'd highlight Kelly Ingham, Tara Fitzgerald, Nathalie Emmanuel and with his material, Stephen Dillane.

Constant good acting comes/came from:

Charles Dance

Natalie Dormer

Iwan Rheon

Michael McElhatton

Peter Dinklage

Alfie Allen

Sophie Turner

Tom Wlaschiha

And many many more.

It's a well acted show, you must agree.

Also, let's have this be a positive thread!

Where is the Lena headey love, her cersei is perfection.

I feel like praising Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (Tyene Sand) right now.

She may not be the overall best actress in the show, but it seems she gets unfairly bashed on this forum. When I first heard about her scene with Bronn last summer, I thought I was being trolled, since it seemed way too cheesy.

But she actually sold it. And not just because of her breasts. There was something about her delivery, that made me think "OK, Bronn is screwed.", while I thought the actual opposite while reading the scene. I can't described with words how she made me feel throughout the scene.

Yeah, I'd say the only thing in this season that has at least been consistantly good is the acting. Stephen Dillane has been doing a damn good job, though it's a shame he isn't playing book-Stannis, as I think he is a perfect fit for the character. My favorites have been Charles Dance, playing a Tywin ripped straight from the page and brought to life wonderfully by him. Alfie Allen has been doing some of the best work of his entire career in this show, playing Theon greatly and portraying his Reek persona to a tee. Peter Dinklage is also incredible, but again I would've enjoyed him so much more if he played the same Tyrion from the books. Still, that doesn't stop him from completely owning the character.

Couldnt of said my opinion better myself ;)

Peter Dinklage - he nails show!Tyrion.

Charles Dance - brilliant.

Stephen Dillane - yupp. Works.

Alfie Allen - Reek. Need I say more?

Lena Headey - kudos. Love her Cersei.

Pedro Pascal - Oberyn ftw!

Jerome Flynn - yay. His Bronn is certainly worth remembering.

Michelle Fairley - brought Catelyn Stark to life.

Kerry Ingram.

Liam Cunningham.

Jack Gleeson - Joffers. Spot on.

Iwan Rheon - nails Ramsay every time.

Sophie Turner - constantly. I love her Sansa.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - Jaime.Yeah.

Anton Lesser - Qyburn rocks.

Missed someone.

Daniel Portman - Pod da rod! Awesome.

Archived