A+J=T v.5

UnmaskedLurker

The most outlandish Varys theory there is in this regard (the purpose is defend the established picture of Tywin that has already been killed by AFfC and TWoIaF) is that Varys drugged Shae and planted her in Tywin's bed without the latter knowing any of that since he was glued to the privy by a poison Varys administered to him. That would all have been in preparation for Tyrion's visit to Tywin's bedchamber Varys would also arrange.

That's...amusing.  Picturing all the hijinks in my head such a plot would require, I can't help be reminded of those exposition montages in Ocean's 11 where they explain the heist.  Anyway..

I too think the secret passageway to Chataya's was likely built while Joanna was alive, and keeping it secret is plainly just prudent at such a time.  But Tywin continuing to keep his womanizing a secret as a widower would suggest self-loathing of such a 'weakness.'  I think Tywin's complex when it comes to whores is apparent, beginning with Tytos, and that's why Tyrion's 'sharp lesson' with Tysha was contrived in such a fashion.  Whatever the case may be, whores are quite clearly the catalyst in the fucked up Tywin/Tyrion dynamic.

Regarding Tyrion's trial, I'm not sure what to think.  My gut reaction is it was an opportunity for Tywin to be rid of Tyrion.  If you're going to entrust this guy with the defense of King's Landing, how can you think he would concoct such a gloriously stupid assassination plot wherein he's literally caught red handed?  Also, if Tywin truly did arrange the proceedings of the Kangaroo court, then surely he would know the full story behind the 'testimonies' of Trant, the Kettleblack's, etc.  It takes a special type of cognitive dissonance to still believe Tyrion's guilty after all that.  BUT, if Tywin did not think it was Tyrion, you'd think he'd make some type of effort to 'find the real killers' (OJTM), and there's absolutely no evidence of him doing so.

If the gargoyle represents Tyrion, what should we glean from this?

A weathered little inn sat on the end of the stone pier where Black Betha, Wraith, and Lady Marya shared mooring space with a half-dozen other galleys of one hundred oars or less. Davos had a thirst. He took his leave of his sons and turned his steps toward the inn. Out front squatted a waist-high gargoyle, so eroded by rain and salt that his features were all but obliterated. He and Davos were old friends, though. He gave a pat to the stone head as he went in. "Luck," he murmured.

Davos I,  Clash 10

Daily News

However, good news for the fans of the said book, the best-selling New Mexico writer has prepared an exciting twist for the upcoming novel. "This is going to drive your readers crazy," the author teases.  He continued, "but I love it. I'm still weighing whether to go that direction or not. It's a great twist. It's easy to do things that are shocking or unexpected, but they have to grow out of characters. They have to grow out of situations," Entertainment Weekly reports.

What do you guys think? is this A+J = T in WOW?

Daily News

What do you guys think? is this A+J = T in WOW?

Can't have it both ways. Either all the clues discussed in these five AJT threads were intended or The George on recently decided to make AJT as per your suggestion. If the clues were intended then the George is talking about something else in the article.

Can't have it both ways. Either all the clues discussed in these five AJT threads were intended or The George on recently decided to make AJT as per your suggestion. If the clues were intended then the George is talking about something else in the article.

Well to like all 10 of us who actually have seen the signs and believe this theory it wont be a huge shock and twist, but to 99.9% of fandom it'll be a shock.  But yeah I know what you mean, it could easily be something else.

Well to like all 10 of us who actually have seen the signs and believe this theory it wont be a huge shock and twist, but to 99.9% of fandom it'll be a shock.  But yeah I know what you mean, it could easily be something else.

If you believe AJT, he has to be talking about something else...

In one intriguing new wrinkle, Martin says he just came up with a big, revealing twist on a long-time character that he never previously considered. 

Since he just came up with it, this partcular twist involves something that has not been intentionally foreshadowed or hinted at previously.

When I first read that I also thought it might be something to do with AJT. After thinking about it, I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with this theory. Martin also says that it will involve 3-4 characters and decisions made on the show preclude this from happening on GoT. Jeyne Westerling pregnancy is a possibility but I don't consider that as a great or shocking plot twist. Maybe it might be something to do with Jojen (Jojenpaste, anyone?).

When I first read that I also thought it might be something to do with AJT. After thinking about it, I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with this theory. Martin also says that it will involve 3-4 characters and decisions made on the show preclude this from happening on GoT. Jeyne Westerling pregnancy is a possibility but I don't consider that as a great or shocking plot twist. Maybe it might be something to do with Jojen (Jojenpaste, anyone?).

so then it means someone who has died on the show, but not in books.  It could easily be Barristan or anything with the IronBorn.   OOORRRRR it could have something crazy to do with Dany when she goes to Vaes Dothrak......

so then it means someone who has died on the show, but not in books.  It could easily be Barristan or anything with the IronBorn.   OOORRRRR it could have something crazy to do with Dany when she goes to Vaes Dothrak......

Can't really think of a great/shocking plot twist involving Barristan, but he might be an option. Since it is something that the show cannot do and Dany has not reached Vaes Dothrak in either the show or the books, I don't think he was referring to that. The Iron Born is a possibility especially if the show cuts Euron, Vic or Aeron and Martin was aware of that at the time of the interview. Sansa's storyline has been completely different this past season so it could be something involving her in The Vale.

Reading CoK and found this pretty big hint that Tyrion is the child of Aerys; 

TYrion is talking to Hallyne about the wildfire and Hallyne says this; 

"But the common soldier, hmmmm, the crew of one of the queen's spitfires, say, in the unthinking frenzy of battle .... any little mistake can bring catastrophe.  That cannot be said too often.  My father often told King Aerys as much, as his father told King Jahaerys."

"They must have listened."

So Hallyne's grandfather told King Jahaerys, and Hallyne's father told King Aerys, and now Hallyne is telling Tyrion......... see the pattern?

Archived