Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

How on earth did D&D convince George to let them adapt his work...Theyre literally clueless and must have such a basic understanding of the plot. And i know they cut lots of plotlines because they dont think viewers will be confused, but asoiaf is complex and if the viewers cant handle actually thinking rather than just watching, then maybe they just shouldnt watch the show?

You know at this point, I feel like they didn't come up with the right answer to Jon's mom by reading the books and thinking deeply. Nope. They just made a lucky guess, and by a stroke of luck got it right.

How on earth did D&D convince George to let them adapt his work...Theyre literally clueless and must have such a basic understanding of the plot. And i know they cut lots of plotlines because they think viewers will be confused, but asoiaf is complex and if the viewers cant handle actually thinking rather than just watching, then maybe they just shouldnt watch the show?

You know how? They guessed who Jon's parents were. That's how.

I should have added that to my list of reasons why he'll be around next season.

They would have been so much better off falling the books, the show is so bad now, nothing even makes sense.

How Does Brinne kill Stannis when she is about to be hanged by Lady Stoneheart,

awful the sotries are not even close, cant wait for the next book to come out

In the show there is no LSH.

My view is that in the books Stannis will probably die at the hands of Dany's forces (slayer of lies etc.). It is possible that when this happens the one to deliver the final blow will be Brienne--who will hence complete her vow. Brienne has been known to have some Targaryen sympathies earlier (she felt that everyone was a usurper ever since Jaime killed the true king) and she may join Dany once it is known that she is not like Aerys.

You know how? They guessed who Jon's parents were. That's how.

I should have added that to my list of reasons why he'll be around next season.

How bad was this season for Jon? Well, Olly is a giant line whore apparently.

"Edd, fetch me a block" turned into "Olly, get my sword".

"Ghost" turned into "Olly".

As if I needed another reason to hate stupid kids forced into TV shows. I'm still puzzled at why D&D for any other reasons than malice or hubris felt the need to alter any of the dialogue. It's there, its perfect. Its an excuse to be lazy and just transcribe it onto their shooting draft.

But no....they actually felt the need to put effort into their hack writing :lmao:

As for who to root for...from D&D's perspective (not ours) and assuming Jon is dead and all these characters are fine/will come back:

- Davos

- Sam

- Gilly

- Sansa

- Brienne

- Pod

- Doran

- Trystane

- Asha

- Theon

- Dany

- Tyrion

- Varys

- Jorah

- Daario

- Missandei

- Grey Worm

- Margaery

- Loras

- Olenna

- Bran

- Rickon

- Osha

Did I forget anyone?

I urge anyone to resist watching Inside the Episode for the finale.

Their entire discussion on Jon Snow was about, yes, Olly. And how great Olly was in all of his STUPID AS FUCK OBVIOUS TROLLING FUCKING SYMBOLISM. Hacks. Hacks.

Game of Hacks is what it is.

House Greyjoy

What is not shown onscreen may never die

Jon Snow is dead. Jon Targaryen will almost certainly be alive. D&D love nothing more than their shock moment, so his reappearance (i'd guess halfway through S6) will serve as just that. Perhaps JT has a spiffy shorter hair do

I am laughing my ass off on the bold part.

Their entire discussion on Jon Snow was about, yes, Olly. And how great Olly was in all of his STUPID AS FUCK OBVIOUS TROLLING FUCKING SYMBOLISM. Hacks. Hacks.

Wow really?

Discussing with family and friends, because the interviews disturbed me, and we made up a list about potential of Kit not returning

(lists make me feel better)

Fully dead:

-Lots of definite stabbing and blood.

-No ambiguity or warging or whispering of "Ghost"

-No apparent immediate rescue nearby

-3-4 interviews with people directly connected to the issue saying he is really fully dead.

Sort of dead (comes back as AA via CotF, Mel, Night King)

-The books

-Kit signed contracts for season 6 and potential season 7 (he did. It is known)

-D&D and GRRM have both stated the story will end up in same place, even if they get there on different roads

-Jon is one of the most popular characters on the show. Ratings are important to them.

I'm going to agree with this! Maybe they try to burn him and it singes his hair.

Recent pictures of Kit still show he has his long hair. He cut it last December and now it's grown back.

You know at this point, I feel like they didn't come up with the right answer to Jon's mom by reading the books and thinking deeply. Nope. They just made a lucky guess, and by a stroke of luck got it right.

Or they Googled it. No way D&D, who havs proven they couldn't give two shits about Martin's characters and story, came up with the answer themselves.

I lost my shit about 3 seconds in when they started talking about Stannis and how he realises that its over and he just accepts it and gives up.

Then them talking about how it was justification for Brienne and a huge load off her shoulders.

JESUS H CHRIST. Stannis, would NEVER, lay down.

Apparently they didn't take the Wolf's advice and just cut straight to sucking each other's dicks.

As for who to root for...from D&D's perspective (not ours) and assuming Jon is dead and all these characters are fine/will come back:

- Davos

- Sam

- Gilly

- Sansa

- Brienne

- Pod

- Doran

- Trystane

- Asha

- Theon

- Dany

- Tyrion

- Varys

- Jorah

- Daario

- Missandei

- Grey Worm

- Margaery

- Loras

- Olenna

- Bran

- Rickon

- Osha

Did I forget anyone?

Of course you did. Rambo Ramsay.

The Earth keeps spinning, the sun rises, death and taxes are still inevitable, and this forum will end up with another 100+ page thread complaining about an excellent episode of one of the most popular shows of our generation that received amazing critical reviews.

You know what else was a popular show that received amazing critical reviews? House.

Wow really?

Indeed. I am not kidding. We're supposed to apparently sympathize with Olly. Jon failed Olly. Yes they said this. Jon failed Olly. Let that sink in.

I feel that GRRM has mostly himself to blame, but I must admire his ability not to publicly rant about what they've done to his work.

Olly is like Satin if Satin were shit.

To be fair, Satin was prettier than Ygritte. Might give Jon some ideas about playing for both teams. And there can be only one Gayer than the Gayest Frost in Gayland character in this story, and that's Loras the Simply Fabulous Gay Knight of Homosexeros. So sayeth the D's.

Archived